Forum › Come Rain or Shine discussion

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/come_rain_or_shine_ch16#23 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SHE NAME DROPPED THE TITLE

Resolution came as fast as it was introduced unlike its foreshadowing.

SHE SAID THE THING!!! XD

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Wait, who is that long hair girl at the end? Did I miss something?

Based on the sign, probably Nekozaki's sister; definitely someone related to her, though. And also the person Fujishiro was talking to here. Which also explains why she corrected the investigation subject's name from Nekozaki to Ren, since she was talking to a Nekozaki as well.

So we’re circling back to the murder mystery, I’m kinda interested to see where it goes. But at the same time it doesn’t really fit in the current setting/theme of the manga.

Quite the opposite, in my opinion. Since we're likely about to see Ren finally talk about everything with Mikoto once she wakes up, this is exactly the time to see the thread progress on the other end in parallel as well.

Mother, not sister, but essentially called it.

And such a lovely proposal. ^_^

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

the development in this chapter was a tad bit rushed when compared with that in the previous ones, but otherwise this was great.

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

"Hit me up. We can hang out."
- Friend's Single Mom

Lmfao, I thought the same thing.

last edited at Dec 6, 2021 7:39AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/come_rain_or_shine_ch16#23 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SHE NAME DROPPED THE TITLE

Resolution came as fast as it was introduced unlike its foreshadowing.

That honestly made me go, "ah, so it'll be ending soon, huh"
The title drop is almost never a good sign lol

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Geez that was really fast, kind of a bummer. I guess it’ll be over real soon…?

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

The end of a story is not a negative. All that matters is that it sticks its landing.

With the mention of the festival we truly have come full circle. Arata Iri really wishes to do that phenomenal chapter again? I cannot fathom why... it cannot be replicated, the circumstances have already changed. Miko's sickness being paired with the emotional clearing of their feelings mirrors Nekozaki's sickness and acceptance of her feelings during the original manga already. Then the repetition must serve a different purpose. To retrace the steps and move beyond the line that the last timeline could not pass. Perhaps this time they will go to the festival together. Maybe this time they will not merely hug, but kiss in the night. Although we already had their kiss, even though we already know their love is true and reciprocated, if they declare it at that spot it will be like a send-off for both iterations of this story combined.

This finale could gain more meaning from the fact that this is a remake. I am intrigued Arata Iri! Show us that you can stick this landing!

last edited at Dec 6, 2021 7:40PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Licentious Lantern posted:

Then the repetition must serve a different purpose. To retrace the steps and move beyond the line that the last timeline could not pass. Perhaps this time they will go to the festival together. Maybe this time they will not merely hug, but kiss in the night. Although we already had their kiss, even though we already know their love is true and reciprocated, if they declare it at that spot it will be like a send-off for both iterations of this story combined.

I wanted to hate this idea when I first thought of it but you really won me over, here. If it is indeed written to be a differing yet referential version of that same scene, I think some of my misgivings with this series would go out the window, and I'd be most pleased to see it off on a strong note.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

I didn’t understand shit, nor i cared that much tbh. But it doesn’t matter, cute confession is cute

joined Feb 9, 2014

Anyone think "killed her father" added anything good to this story?

Nope, just useless Drama that got solved instantly. Shit doesn't make sense either. Wiretapping your daughter because she said something outrageous is a bit to much mangalogic for me in this setting.

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

This manga has so much potential to be a nice, relaxed manga while having some drama elements. The pacing in volume 1 and volume 2 is quite fine, but from the end of volume 2 to volume 3, everything is just going downhill. I can't even enjoy the sweet moment of Takkun and Yozora.
What a shame though since I really like characters and their interaction, and I do find humourous scenes interesting and enjoyable.

last edited at Jan 29, 2022 12:34AM

joined May 9, 2017

I've been re-reading the last chapter while waiting for the next one, and how come nobody is commenting on the fact that Mikoto is a real horny teenager? This was the best moment of the chapter.

I do agree though that the conclusion to the "Nekozaki killed her father" mystery is rather disappointing. I liked that mystery part of the manga, it added a bit of spice compared to the usual romance, but in the end, it was just drama for the sake of drama. Well, overall the manga is still quite good. I hope we can see the couples evolve a bit more before it ends.

joined Jun 21, 2021

Gonna have to reread this series to refresh myself since it’s been so long. thank you translation team!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nothing like some good memories to help you solve your problems.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Oooh it’s back. And Miko transcended into the meta for a bit there, haha! Yeah, nothing to be shy about now, you’ve already done like half of it.

So Nekozaki and her mom will hopefully hash everything out here, and then it’s festival kiss time?

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Damn, is it true this is ending with volume 3? We didn't even get proper focus on Takkun and Yozora yet in this iteration of the manga...

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016

Setting: Fireworks festival, typically romantic scenery.
Objective: Rendezvous with Mom.
Taiyaki: Feeling it.

Fo6gewav_400x400
joined Feb 1, 2020

Wait a minute...

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Mikoto's blank eyes as her mind goes to space whenever Nekozaki induces lewd thoughts in her never fail to crack me up :)) (somehow I got reminded of Madoka at the end of Rebellion. Was Madokami having lewd thoughts at that moment? May be)

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

Damn
Mikoto is super cute with her new hairstyle

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Go on.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

This manga has so much potential to be a nice, relaxed manga while having some drama elements. The pacing in volume 1 and volume 2 is quite fine, but from the end of volume 2 to volume 3, everything is just going downhill. I can't even enjoy the sweet moment of Takkun and Yozora.

Arata Iri is doing a manga adaptation for a LN (called Goodbye Sengen), may be he can't find the time to come up with more drama for this series, so vol 3 has been spent entirely to wrap up everything and as such all possible fluffy filler and details are cut to fit in one tankoubon, or at least that's what it feels like to me. (At least this one seems somewhat planned and not the sort of extremely brutal axe that tMnR suffered with My Unrequited Love.) Hopefully eventually there will be a collection of extra fluff for this series, like it was with Comprehensive Tovarisch.

Damn, is it true this is ending with volume 3? We didn't even get proper focus on Takkun and Yozora yet in this iteration of the manga...

(With GTrans) I read the Arata Iri's tweets, and apparently the series is ending at ch19 (which was released together with ch18.2 on Dengeki Daioh on 26.02.22), so Vol 3 will be a tiny little bit longer than the previous two, but the story won't have a 4th volume. And there will be a 6 pages lewd extra scene with Mikoto and Nekozaki in Vol 3 tankoubon

Takkun and Yozora were given enough content to be have a coherent timeline, but since they mostly lack drama, those content was sprinkled all over the place. Sad. They will be the main feature on Vol3 cover, though.

last edited at Mar 21, 2022 6:57PM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

This feels... rushed ):

The series has had a really nice lax pacing, it really built up nicely to their romance, and then now it's exploding downhill and I haven't got enough fluffy romance of them actually being together >:( Just "oh we're dating now aren't we?"

ARE YOU?

I do love the disaster lesbian forgetting how to breath while just... sitting next to her girlfriend. That shit hits hard.

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 2:22AM

joined Sep 11, 2019

Another long wait to find out how the resolution of family drama will go

Erika
joined Jul 4, 2021

Thanks for the chapter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.