Forum › Brides of Iberis discussion

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m not sure why Kashiwai-San is getting flack right now. Is it because she isn’t helping with planning her wedding? I mean, that’s her job and probably the last thing she wants to think about when it’s related to herself, no matter how much she wants to get married.

joined Mar 20, 2019

Edit: What if the whole thing was just elaborate ruse, by blondie, to get close to the MC. Her engagement, the wedding, The make out session, with the MC's boss in that ally, as the MC just happened to be walking by, all an elaborate fake so blondie could get close. Maybe blondie is using her power of intrigue for the sake of love after all. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! Oh god of yuri please make it be that.

Highly unlikely but I'd be on board with it.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Well, this is the first time I clicked on a story because of the "cheating" tag without the cheating being the part I've become more invested in.

I'm interested in seeing what kind of journey the MC goes on.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Well, I'm interested. Though, I have to say that Tsuzuki looks like she'll be a tiresome character. Awful people can make for pretty entertaining characters, but she appears to fall into the generic role of "carefree, promiscuous woman who likes to fuck with the protagonist." It's a tired trope and it rarely develops into anything more (and when it does, it seems forced). Still, given the author, I have hope that it will be executed well.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I almost ran away screaming just from seeing the first page. Good thing I give this one a chance.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Edit: What if the whole thing was just elaborate ruse, by blondie, to get close to the MC. Her engagement, the wedding, The make out session, with the MC's boss in that ally, as the MC just happened to be walking by, all an elaborate fake so blondie could get close. Maybe blondie is using her power of intrigue for the sake of love after all. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! Oh god of yuri please make it be that.

Check it out. After their eyes met Tsuzuki is just as intrigued with Mizuki as Mizuki is with her. So she does a little research, maybe a little cyberstocking. She finds out who Mizuki is where she works. Tsuzuki comes up with a plan to get close. She talks her friend into pretending to be her fiance and arranges the meeting. That line about love crashing coming down was about that moment in the subway. When she finds out Mizuki is engaged (boo) she arranges to get cought "cheating" in the ally, to see Mizuki's reaction. She obviously saw what she was looking for so she is moving in for the kill.
Is it Far fetched. yes. However, is it any more far fetched than Tsuzuki just happen to walk into Mizuki's job right after their subway moment, or Tsuzuki being in that ally with Mizuki's boss just as Mizuki and her fiance are walking by? Is it overly complicated? maybe. However it's a manga overly complicated plans are manga's bread and butter.

joined Jan 3, 2020

I have a hard time investing in a story with these tags at the start because I need a happy ending.

That said, this intro is really interesting.

joined May 3, 2014

Check it out. After their eyes met Tsuzuki is just as intrigued with Mizuki as Mizuki is with her. So she does a little research, maybe a little cyberstocking. She finds out who Mizuki is where she works. Tsuzuki comes up with a plan to get close. She talks her friend into pretending to be her fiance and arranges the meeting. That line about love crashing coming down was about that moment in the subway. When she finds out Mizuki is engaged (boo) she arranges to get cought "cheating" in the ally, to see Mizuki's reaction. She obviously saw what she was looking for so she is moving in for the kill.
Is it Far fetched. yes. However, is it any more far fetched than Tsuzuki just happen to walk into Mizuki's job right after their subway moment, or Tsuzuki being in that ally with Mizuki's boss just as Mizuki and her fiance are walking by? Is it overly complicated? maybe. However it's a manga overly complicated plans are manga's bread and butter.

it’s ok to dream, but were did you pull all of this supposed plot from ONE CHAPTER

X
joined Mar 20, 2020

Not sure but this thought always craving in my mind when I saw adult life or cheating and het tags in yuri manga :
Pretty sure, this seems likely how yuri (les and more like bi) born irl, huh... Like, pure yuri in real life doesn't exist. Yada yada.

I don't compain about the story, I even think that this situation is the most logic yuri can happen irl (usualy from unsatisfaction, uncertainity, emptiness, trauma from characters) but, my heart can't invest on it either coz, sheesh, thats kinda suck and depressing...

LGBTQ matters don't "logically" happen the most because of trauma or unsatisfaction in real life.

Don't ever equate a biased sample of manga with real life. Yuri is not real life. It is a genre convention with tropes both wholesome and not. Which gets to a larger point of don't ever blindly equate fiction with real life. If you want to know how real lesbians or bisexuals find out about things or live their lives, then go read their interviews and stories and you know, talk to real people.

u dont get my point. also i don't comment for arguing. coz u just repeating what i said that yuri doesn't exist irl, only using ur own word. of course i can distinguish the fiction and rl, thats why i said "likely". u can read my guy? don't just get randomly insulted for no reason.

i have that thought because i already have watch some real life stories and they have that phase before they turn into les. for example, mostly they have het relationship before and coz of one of reasons i said before they turn into les. of course it dont have to be exact like this story, especially on the cheating part, which is why i said "likely" once again, u dummy. if u don't like i use my phrasing just use whatever words u like. ALSO, i dont say anything about lgbt coz i dont include male gay (or even male bi) and trans can have different reasons. u the one who bring that up.

one thing is that if u have experience that really opposite of what im saying, u can tell me something to proof me wrong. for example, if u born right away and become les, that way u can have a good argument if u real people yourself.

if u are a dude, than dont bother reply coz ur argument would not count, as i said before that i talked about likely yuri.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

tragicheroine posted:

Not sure but this thought always craving in my mind when I saw adult life or cheating and het tags in yuri manga :
Pretty sure, this seems likely how yuri (les and more like bi) born irl, huh... Like, pure yuri in real life doesn't exist. Yada yada.

I don't compain about the story, I even think that this situation is the most logic yuri can happen irl (usualy from unsatisfaction, uncertainity, emptiness, trauma from characters) but, my heart can't invest on it either coz, sheesh, thats kinda suck and depressing...

LGBTQ matters don't "logically" happen the most because of trauma or unsatisfaction in real life.

Don't ever equate a biased sample of manga with real life. Yuri is not real life. It is a genre convention with tropes both wholesome and not. Which gets to a larger point of don't ever blindly equate fiction with real life. If you want to know how real lesbians or bisexuals find out about things or live their lives, then go read their interviews and stories and you know, talk to real people.

u dont get my point. also i don't comment for arguing. coz u just repeating what i said that yuri doesn't exist irl, only using ur own word. of course i can distinguish the fiction and rl, thats why i said "likely". u can read my guy? don't just get randomly insulted for no reason.

i have that thought because i already have watch some real life stories and they have that phase before they turn into les. for example, mostly they have het relationship before and coz of one of reasons i said before they turn into les. of course it dont have to be exact like this story, especially on the cheating part, which is why i said "likely" once again, u dummy. if u don't like i use my phrasing just use whatever words u like. ALSO, i dont say anything about lgbt coz i dont include male gay (or even male bi) and trans can have different reasons. u the one who bring that up.

one thing is that if u have experience that really opposite of what im saying, u can tell me something to proof me wrong. for example, if u born right away and become les, that way u can have a good argument if u real people yourself.

if u are a dude, than dont bother reply coz ur argument would not count, as i said before that i talked about likely yuri.

That whole post was an incoherent raving and I didn't understand anything of what you wanted to say.

As the saying goes, what is well conceived is clearly said, and the words to say it flow with ease.

You're just babbling in pseudo-English and not getting whatever you mean across, because you don't even know yourself what you mean.

The final sentence is the icing on the cake.

X
joined Mar 20, 2020

tragicheroine posted:

That whole post was an incoherent raving and I didn't understand anything of what you wanted to say.

As the saying goes, what is well conceived is clearly said, and the words to say it flow with ease.

You're just babbling in pseudo-English and not getting whatever you mean across, because you don't even know yourself what you mean.

The final sentence is the icing on the cake.

u wont understand since u are the one who make it out of context to begin with, talking about lgbtq, and now u said u don't understand after i answer every points that u bring up? that's unresponsible.

u could just ignore my comment in the first place, rather than giving both of us bad time arguing nothing. people comment for talking what their thought not for debate.

X
joined Mar 20, 2020

i dont even give bad comments about the story itself. once again, the uncertainity situation of the MC (kashiwai) is happening in stories irl that i've learn to the point of become les/bi. i can't realy comment on tsuyuki or anything further since we dont know the reason why she behave like that. i just can't accept that most author with cheating tags on it realy catch the situasion well. but still, the aangst is suck to accept.

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 5:51AM

joined Jun 11, 2016

and

I hope Akiyama twists these women into pretzels. I hope she lights them on fire. I hope she warps the concept of marriage so profoundly that 'Here Comes the Bride' is henceforth played only at funerals and every mention of matrimony in any form of media mandates a content warning. I have faith in the mind that produced Octave.

I really wish Dynasty scans had a like button or something to express just how much I agree with both of you guys lol.

X
joined Mar 20, 2020

gosh, this is first time im arguing on comments. and for something pointless
i never reply others comments unless i make sure i don't try to start shitty debate with them just like this.

and to put it to the worst, it is in yuri where i try to make a peace rest from my work, especially on a weekend like this.

just stop debate pls. if u dont understand what others comment just scroll down and add your own opinion for the series on comment, not attacking a person like that and expect them not to talk back on u.

joined Sep 20, 2014

Oh my! Akiyama Haru is coming! so excited!! (^ㅁ^)=b
Everyone. Manga is just manga. Its fiction. Don't over-immerse yourself.

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 7:04AM

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Once more, you are free to blacklist the "cheating" tag if you're so worried about it sullying your view of your "pure, peaceful yuri"

At the top right, click your name and click Manage Profile, then scroll down slightly. You'll see a box to input blacklisted tags. I don't use it much myself but I assume that you simply input the tag, followed by a comma if you wish to add more tags (which you should. Curate your experience and don't expect it to be curated for you).

joined Mar 20, 2022

Inject in me thine drama and tears and all thine conflict oh worthy author.

I for one prefer it than all the fluffy no-conflict nonsense that plagues not just yuri, but manga and anime in general these days.

And for those who actually think fiction is fiction and just mere entertainment, thou hast not truly looked at history of mankind. Stories drive mankind, period.

Great stories are grounded in reality, that which they compress and abstract/extract the important ideas, and the author attempts to answer them with a series of other ideas. An attempt at logical discourse through using an artform indeed.

To merely conflate them as unimportant, reveals that to thee, the voices and concerns of authors holds no weight. Of course others indeed are such, especially those who think conflict dost not exist, which is the only thing that does not coincide with the reality of being human. And as such, since they hast hold no ground already, can be ignored as a mere fantasy.

But for those who intend and generate conflict, by setting a premise, follow it up with a bunch of propositions, and conclude it, therefore setting up a logical argument, depending on the topic they wish to discourse, there is indeed some worth looking through, deconstruct it perhaps, analyze them and see if their conclusion is worth a pie or not. And if it is worthy a pie, then art thou willing to be transformed by it?

joined May 23, 2017

gosh, this is first time im arguing on comments. and for something pointless
i never reply others comments unless i make sure i don't try to start shitty debate with them just like this.

and to put it to the worst, it is in yuri where i try to make a peace rest from my work, especially on a weekend like this.

just stop debate pls. if u dont understand what others comment just scroll down and add your own opinion for the series on comment, not attacking a person like that and expect them not to talk back on u.

Well I read your whole tread and I think the third guy was just saying you both weren't clear in your points which I myself have no idea what you both were even talking about, and was even more confused after you explained your point. I'm pretty sure you argued back with another user instead too lol.

This is just a classic case of online misunderstandings/language barrier gone wrong in its finest. Like what you said about 'just scroll down' perhaps you should do the same. Hell I don't know how you can even get notifications from dynasty so perhaps don't reread your post too. (I say that but I'll likely reread this discussion tread again so I'd see whether you'd reply and think I'm 'attacking' you too)

joined May 23, 2017

... I'm in on this can someone creat a fanfiction/doujin on it if this is not how it turns out? What a twisted way to gain someone's affection lol

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Boileau-Despréaux rules.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Let me preface by saying that I am not trying to have an argument, and also that I don't agree with the conclusion that in real life, most lesbians/bisexuals "turn" lesbian/bisexual. I had a feeling it might also be a case that a couple articles and documentaries would give that impression, but anyway yes, my view is that simple: people are born with a certain capacity for sexuality and then they uncover what they actually are over time. They do not become that way through trauma. Neither does being in a het relationship mean that they were het and then suddenly became lesbian/bi once they caught feelings for a female or were in a relationship with one.

That's all. I don't think it's factually incorrect to say that you don't have exposure with multiple sources of real life data, namely lesbian/bi people you know personally/intimately or have directly heard their views of themselves from, such as through LGBTQ organizations or research surveys or similar. Well, here's one data point for you. Hope you find more. I have to keep staying updated too as times change.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

"The toilets are also amazing, no?"
"A feeling of surreal overflow..."

lmao/what/going to be a memorable wedding (check all that apply)

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

it’s ok to dream, but were did you pull all of this supposed plot from ONE CHAPTER

Well I came up with this based on Tsuzuki's line about how love is something that comes craashing down, the nigh impossible coincidence of Tsuzuki making out with Mizuki's boss in an ally, as Mizuki just happens to be strolling through, and a near desprite need for Tsuzuki not be the kind of mannipulative asshole, who dicks around with people's lives for funsies, she appears to be.

Now I don't really think I nailed the story with this wild theory. I'll call it a win if any of it is even remotely accurate. Really I just want Tsuzuki's motives to be more pure than it would be fun to mess with this poor confused woman, who is obviously attracted to me.

Edit: Everybody seems to be focused on the edit of my original post, however the first part was my genuine impression of the first chapter.

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 3:38PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

Hmm, can't say I'm interested in reading yet another edgy Yuri with awful protagonists.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Ok I am hooked for the next few chapters as this girl is doing it with 2 guys and now could switch over to the Female MC? This could turn into such a gigantic mess that I would love reading.

Also on the MC not really caring about planning her wedding I think thats fair. Not everyone is interested in having big ceremonies and also since her job is wedding planning anyway, she could always be sick it but of course in this it's probably becasue she doesn't really like him that much.

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 4:42PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.