Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A happy ending for everyone, even for the blushing Watanabe, as much as she may protest. :D

joined Sep 11, 2019

Watanabe...
Just become yuri, it'll be easier that way.
But I'm sure the path from now on will be filled with shenanigans

joined Mar 29, 2021

a lot of people sure are wondering why watanabe has to be like this when thats literally the premise of the whole manga

A series in my opinion shouldn't limit it's self to just it's premise, but aspire to grow beyond it and into something greater. If it simply sticks to the premise then it limits it's self on where it can go, and it can become stagnant.

Sometimes it's fine for an author to stick to their premise, but I genuinely think this should branch out more and go past it.

I'm pretty sure that's what's happening and Yoshioka is the one leading the change.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

All's well when it ends well, i guess

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

SHE'S AWAKENED
THE LILIES HAVE BEEN UNLEASHED
IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

sheesh gyaru san has progressed so far to the point of "I want to be with watanabe", watanabe on the other hand...

Give her a bit. She basically just found that she’s a person, she’s going to at least have to figure out how to define the world, and her peers, by more than just manga tropes before she can start worrying about feelings.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

a lot of people sure are wondering why watanabe has to be like this when thats literally the premise of the whole manga

A series in my opinion shouldn't limit it's self to just it's premise, but aspire to grow beyond it and into something greater. If it simply sticks to the premise then it limits it's self on where it can go, and it can become stagnant.

Sometimes it's fine for an author to stick to their premise, but I genuinely think this should branch out more and go past it.

I'm pretty sure that's what's happening and Yoshioka is the one leading the change.

Fingers Crossed! :)

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Yoshioka is gonna end up feeling jealous of the student council president's relationship with Watanabe, calling it now.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Now she just need to make Watanabe realize she's gae

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

fair, i completely agree in fact. there have certainly been a few yuri mangas that got a bit tired doing the same gag over and over without development. it is only chapter 7 tho, and there has been some progress, albeit mostly on yoshioka's side.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Watanabe has been overstepping her supposed limitations as a mob from day one, really.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

JUST a gyaru ?? Yoshioka is an adorable cinnamon roll and a great girl, you take that back missy !! >.<

last edited at Mar 14, 2022 9:16AM

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

JUST a gyaru ?? Yoshioka is an adorable cinnamon roll and a great girl, you take that back missy !! >.<

I mean, we are talking about the same girl who considers herself and anyone not involved in Yuri a 'mob' character

last edited at Mar 14, 2022 9:23AM

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I think my main issue was how awful Watanabe has treated Yoshioka. Be it in her thoughts or not. Meanwhile, Yoshioka turned out to be this nice girl, a great sister, and overall a good person. All because she didn't fit with the narrative inside Watanabe's head. Now doesn't that sound familiar huh? Now I'm not sure if it's a clever setup or not, but if it was, bravo.

Regardless, this chapter was a nice step in the right direction. I just want to like Watanabe. I already like Yoshioka. Let me like the other protag.

joined Jun 12, 2015

To be yuri or not to be...

20220622_193006
joined Dec 27, 2020

oh mi ghad its happening-

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Watanabe is a girl with strong principles that keep her anchored to her bottom line. How refreshing. I like that. ♡

joined Jul 26, 2016

Watanabe has been overstepping her supposed limitations as a mob from day one, really.

Self-awareness really isn't her strong suit.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I think my main issue was how awful Watanabe has treated Yoshioka. Be it in her thoughts or not. Meanwhile, Yoshioka turned out to be this nice girl, a great sister, and overall a good person. All because she didn't fit with the narrative inside Watanabe's head. Now doesn't that sound familiar huh? Now I'm not sure if it's a clever setup or not, but if it was, bravo.

Regardless, this chapter was a nice step in the right direction. I just want to like Watanabe. I already like Yoshioka. Let me like the other protag.

Yeah Watanabe seems like a stereotypical "I like yuri because its pure, and its different from those gross real life lesbians" type of character (of coure with a big helping of internalized homophobia because she can't allow herself to be "yuri") and I hope that she gets a proper character arc where she learns to stop viewing everyone through that lens of "yuri manga roles". I think there's some potential for Yoshioka to have a big positive influence on Watanabe.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Yeah Watanabe seems like a stereotypical "I like yuri because its pure, and its different from those gross real life lesbians" type of character (of coure with a big helping of internalized homophobia because she can't allow herself to be "yuri") and I hope that she gets a proper character arc where she learns to stop viewing everyone through that lens of "yuri manga roles". I think there's some potential for Yoshioka to have a big positive influence on Watanabe.

I'd say she doesn't even like yuri in general, just the very specific marimite corner of the genre. Which is pretty much the least grounded in reality and the least attainable of the bunch . Her ideal is 90% esthetics and 10% actual human emotions and desires.

last edited at Mar 14, 2022 1:45PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'd say she doesn't even like yuri in general, just the very specific marimite corner of the genre. Which is pretty much the least grounded in reality and the least attainable of the bunch . Her ideal is 90% esthetics and 10% actual human emotions and desires.

I call her "genre fundamentalist" for a reason :P

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

We really could up the dere on Watanabe just a notch or two sometime soon. The premise is fun I'm not in a rush to unravel it, but Yoshioka deserves a little bit better in the meanwhile.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

I call her "genre fundamentalist" for a reason :P

Well I hope she doesn't literally start blown shit up then.

last edited at Mar 14, 2022 3:28PM

joined Dec 17, 2021

Sadly, Watanabe wasn't Cinderella, and for that I feel I was robbed of something beautiful, but at least I got a dance scene, so it evens out.

So far I haven't cared for the other yuri couples because they feel a little bland, but I was really itnerested in whatever three-way relationship the president has with Akira and Imouto-chan. I hope we get a little more of them three together.

And as for Yoshioka and Watanabe, I can't say I'm super invested in them getting together, but I'm laughing a lot at the way their relationship is progressing. From Yoshioka's POV, Watanabe is a possesive and jealous girl who is super upset at the mere indication that Yoshioka is going to spend time with another girl... and she still fell for her!

From Watanabe's side, she'll just keep preventing Yoshioka from being yuri with another girl until she wakes up ten years later living together with Yoshioka in what everyone else perceives as a stable relationship.

joined Mar 25, 2021

Man Yoshioka is such a good girl, always thinking about Watanabe. I hope Watanabe can see her as a person instead of a character soon... seriously.

To reply you must either login or sign up.