Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

I actually remember reading some ghost x gyaru before, with one crawling out of the gyaru's TV. Good stuff.

That sounds interesting. Link?

Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

I actually remember reading some ghost x gyaru before, with one crawling out of the gyaru's TV. Good stuff.

That sounds interesting. Link?

It sounds like they're talking about this
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sadako_chan_and_gyaru_yankee_chan#1

tragicheroine
X
joined Mar 20, 2020

Iunno why the mc Watanabe kinda has such bad personality or wat.
Like, yuri is not for gyaru, what kinda standard izzat for yuri-joshi just to creating a plot..? Izzat what common fujoshi girl's personality like irl?

Suffice to say, this chapter really hasn't endeared her to me.

I honestly would have stopped reading if it wasn't for the Gyaru. I hope the MC gets some character development.

I hope so.
I don't really hate the premise of this series. The artwork is also simple but unique and i like it especialy for comedical genre.

Prob it caught me off guard since after 2 & 3rd chapter which definitely has a quite good developement for MCs, as they know more about each other...
And then this 4th chapter is kinda off from main plot and just too focused on pigeonhole and cockblocking thing.

Also I like Yoshioka more and more.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 3:44PM

LittleWhiteHerz
Kohanenomintense2
joined Jul 21, 2020

Honestly I don't really like the MC, her design is really cute but it's so annoying how she is always interrupting even if they are just talking normally lol. I really hope she gets development soon and it isn't just a running gag... btw, Yoshioka is great

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

"She dosen't have to worry because I'm yuri with Watanabe..."

"HEY, WHAT AM I THINKING?"

No no, you got a point.

last edited at Mar 8, 2022 1:11PM

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

Hmm, there wasn't really a yuri cliche this time... unless student council president X gyaru counts?

joined May 1, 2015

Yoshioka and Watanabe in a play together?
Interesting, let's see how it plays up.

Ayayayahuasca
370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Misunderstandings
Misunderstandings everywhere

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

sad yuri noises

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

I can't wait for some character development for the MC, 'cause at this point I'm basically reading only due to Yoshioka.

I think the issue is that we can see both of their internal narrations and well, just look at this chapter for an example:

MC: I have to keep this filthy gyaru out of my yuri atmosfere!
Gyaru: I'm kinda worried about her, since she only hangs with me and Fujiyama. It'd be great if she could make friends with more people.

Yeah, the MC doesn't really look good in comparison with Yoshioka.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Just have Watanabe be Cinderella.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm reasonably sure that's entirely intentional tho. It seems to be something of a running theme in the narrative that her blinkered genre fundamentalism is thoroughly contrafinal and completely misses the point.

joined Feb 2, 2019

her blinkered genre fundamentalism

Hahaha I don't know why but the idea of the MC being referred to as a yuri fundamentalist cracks me up.

last edited at Mar 8, 2022 2:10PM

joined Sep 22, 2019

I'm reasonably sure that's entirely intentional tho. It seems to be something of a running theme in the narrative that her blinkered genre fundamentalism is thoroughly contrafinal and completely misses the point.

I really hope you're right about this.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I mean Watanabe being as she is either for comedic value or her being that way as the core premise of this series is fine and all, but everything else is built in a way, that reflects poorly on the girl. Unless I am to dislike her for now. But even then, if I do, I'm not too eager to root for her and Yoshiokay, which seems to be the end goal here.

There was one moment where it seemed like she would start looking at our Gyaru girl from a better light, with the sister stuff, but it just... It happened and was forgotten. Frustrating, especially since I really want to like this.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

There was one moment where it seemed like she would start looking at our Gyaru girl from a better light, with the sister stuff, but it just... It happened and was forgotten. Frustrating, especially since I really want to like this.

She was too busy shipping wincest

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

The MC is so annoying to me. I keep reading this series because of the gyaru girl. Man, gyarus are really something, a pure soul with good heart. Never had enough of them.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Yeah I feel like the central "bit" with the MC has very quickly worn out it's welcome. I'm trying to hold out hope that the series gets a better sense of progression soon.

last edited at Mar 8, 2022 2:53PM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Hmm, there wasn't really a yuri cliche this time... unless student council president X gyaru counts?

Definitely. Not the first time I saw a "Student council is annoyed about how the gyaru dresses" trope.

Definitely going to happen.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Definitely going to happen.

"I can't let the Gyaru have yuri with anyone else!"

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah I feel like the central "bit" with the MC has very quickly worn out it's welcome. I'm trying to hold out hope that the series gets a better sense of progression soon.

I think it got tedious as fast as it did because we have Yoshioka's POV and she's such a nice person that Watanabe's shitty attitude towards her is extra irksome. It was a lot easier to overlook her attitude as comedic before we saw Yoshioka's genuine concern for this shallow dumbass who doesn't deserve it at all. Yoshioka is already like a full character and Watanabe's entire personality is still "yuri fan with basic ass taste in yuri."

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Everyone's talking about Yoshioka and Watanabe and even the president, and here I am just happy to see what a good big sister Akira is to give up the role out of concern for Nagomi.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Agreed. You can even see the effects her unhealthy obsession on keeping things “pure” is having on both herself and Yoshioka. Not to mention that she’s so busy obsessing over yuri that she completely misses a lot of the issues in her classmates’ relationships. Hell, she can’t even pick up on the fact that she seems like an obsessive girlfriend/creep whenever she tries to intervene and protect the “purity” of the school. It’s pretty clear that she’s not meant to be terribly likable right now.

Personally, I’m hoping for some worldview-shattering revelation that breaks the MC out of her delusions and forces to reevaluate her view of things up to now, a la Emma.

joined May 3, 2014

I think it got tedious as fast as it did because we have Yoshioka's POV and she's such a nice person that Watanabe's shitty attitude towards her is extra irksome. It was a lot easier to overlook her attitude as comedic before we saw Yoshioka's genuine concern for this shallow dumbass who doesn't deserve it at all. Yoshioka is already like a full character and Watanabe's entire personality is still "yuri fan with basic ass taste in yuri."

"yuri fan with basic ass taste in yuri."

OMFG that fits the MC shit personality XD I’m happy I’m not the only one getting really bloody annoying with the damn MC attitude :/ like give it a break! she is starting to spund really delusional and broken from reality and it’s supposed to be an comedic effect!!! but at this point it paints an shit personality with the gyru POV

joined Dec 17, 2021

I really don't have a problem with Watanabe or her possible yuri relationship with Yoshioka, I mostly think it's funny Yoshioka thinks Watanabe is possesive, extremely jealous and very emotional and is developing a crush on her anyways.

I'm also excited about the Cinderella play because is likely Watanabe will be Cinderella because it could be the perfect ooportunity to have her kiss Yoshioka and start her journey in the yuri taboo that we were promised in the title.

To reply you must either login or sign up.