Forum › That Time I Was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch discussion

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

It's honestly refreshing to see an adult give honest advice to their kids (or just kids in general). I hope more stories take after or think about this bc it can push the story and also puts parents in a good light!

Also, TongTong's mom making the initiative to start the mother-in-laws chat hehehe

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

This mom has no redeeming qualities and she's a terrible parent :/ Hope this ends well (preferably with her having a black eye, jfc)

I mean, I can’t say I disagree. To be fair, though, I probably would’ve reacted the same way she did to the phone call if someone were to start one like that. Especially in light of all the maddening phone scams that keep going around.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I wouldn't even pick up a random number; it's some Microsoft support guy anyway ...

Either way kinda odd take story-wise to have this pivot to the other mom for advice and then the advice to be "do what she says anyway" ^^;

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

This mom has no redeeming qualities and she's a terrible parent :/ Hope this ends well (preferably with her having a black eye, jfc)

I mean, I can’t say I disagree. To be fair, though, I probably would’ve reacted the same way she did to the phone call if someone were to start one like that. Especially in light of all the maddening phone scams that keep going around.

Plus She didn't say who she was at the start of the conversation.
I would had done the same tbh.

Makasete
joined Sep 21, 2016

I love you guys! Thanks for scanlations <3<3<3

D2ad4ba6-d1f7-4800-86c3-5a64a1f1e50f
joined Jan 15, 2017

I love Tong Tong's mom so much man

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Well holy damn! Tongtong's mom really gave her some good advice. That was unexpected, but it was pretty ok. Despite being a whore she is quite sensible.

Why are you like this

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Well holy damn! Tongtong's mom really gave her some good advice. That was unexpected, but it was pretty ok. Despite being a whore she is quite sensible.

Why are you like this

I know right? She's not whore, whores get paid. She's a slut.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Why are you like this

What, did a bunch of 5th graders have field trip to Dynasty or something?

Tumblr_nbee0zysh31tbx9b9o1_1280
joined Dec 5, 2014

Why are you like this

I hope they’re all a bunch of 5th graders and not adults cause that would be pretty sad

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

Yeah, this really seems like this should be a in-person discussion.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Why are you like this

Even worse, they are challenging MrEngenious's very clear and explicit instructions.

I foresee a field trip to banland for all of them in the near future.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, this really seems like this should be a in-person discussion.

Her communication attempts are of a piece with her initial lesbian-seduction advice—she’s a bit of a ditz, but fiercely determined to help her daughter (and firmly on the side of Love).

I’m very much looking forward to the Clash of the Titan Moms, which could go any number of different ways and may last any length of time, but which I’m quite confident will come out OK for the girls in the end. Because that’s the kind of story this is.

Images
joined Jan 10, 2022

Tongtong's mother does not seem to have much contact with adults other than dating.
That way of starting the conversation makes her look like a stalker, I would have done the same thing to her.

but the advice she gave is good, is very similar to what me and my friends did in real life.

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

Work hard Tong Tong's mom.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Interesting that Tong Tong's mom proposed waiting a year. Probably is the best solution since they are still minors and at least in College they will have more freedom.

I don't why but after reading the chapter I got a crackpot idea that Tong Tong mom might convince the Lin's mom it's okay because Lin's mom might have a crush on her after seeing her. I doubt it will happen but man it would be so funny if it did.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Interesting that Tong Tong's mom proposed waiting a year. Probably is the best solution since they are still minors and at least in College they will have more freedom.

Probably has more to do with the fact that the CN National College Entrance Exam, aka "gaokao", is Kind Of A Big Deal and by all accounts fucking nuts in the fine tradition of the old Imperial Examinations where it wasn't unheard-of for failed hopefuls to commit suicide under the pressure.

...or get disillusioned and go on to found popular religious movements that then proceeded to start massive milleniarian rebellions that might or might not wreck the dynasty du jour, take your pick. (There might have been some structural issues with the whole system.)

Lessee if I can find it... ah, here. The "#relatable" comments from players of Chinese extraction should be illustrative of the context.

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

I don't why but after reading the chapter I got a crackpot idea that Tong Tong mom might convince the Lin's mom it's okay because Lin's mom might have a crush on her after seeing her. I doubt it will happen but man it would be so funny if it did.

Honesty same lol I know it’s not gonna happen and probably shouldn’t happen for the best but my crack head brain still went there for a second XD

last edited at Mar 8, 2022 6:37PM

joined Aug 15, 2011

Well holy damn! Tongtong's mom really gave her some good advice. That was unexpected, but it was pretty ok. Despite being a whore she is quite sensible. Still it was pretty stupid to have let a degenerate into her house...

HM. Pretty sure you got warned bout this not even a full week ago.

@AMBERHEART, you will refrain from further usage of pejoratives of "whore/slut" as these terms serve nothing to further an argument and only serve to "shame" women for having a sex drive.

last edited at Mar 9, 2022 1:36AM

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Why are you like this

It's just sarcasm, my dude. Probably should've mentioned, come to think of it.

joined Jul 23, 2014

Mom Tong is such an MVP, I really hope she can talk things through with Lu's mom.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

Sigh.. I hate the “let’s take a break/break up for X amount of time” trope. I also disagree that over a year of separation isn’t a big deal. Life is too short.

It's really not that short, especially at that age. I've comfortably been in a long-distance relationship for over two years now, and while it does get lonely at times the ability to communicate on a basically daily basis helps aleviate that. They'll still be able to see one another at school and theoretically could even study together, so they have opportunity to spend time together.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

AMBERHEART posted:

Well holy damn! Tongtong's mom really gave her some good advice. That was unexpected, but it was pretty ok. Despite being a whore she is quite sensible. Still it was pretty stupid to have let a degenerate into her house.. Now I can imagine two possible developments, the orchestrated breakup between Tongtong and Shun li may allow some cats, crows or snakes to enter their love nest, that is, a possible love rival. And we may see a Yuri development between Tongtong mum and Shun Li mum.

AMBERHEART, banned for three days for failing to read and comply with a previous staff warning. You will refrain from using such language again, or the ban will be permanent.

Commandershepard13 posted:

Why are you like this

Commandershepard13, banned for a day for the same.

Please consider reading the rules in the future. Comments re: moderation are always welcome via the FAQ thread. Thank you.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Leaving the misogynist language issue by the wayside, I wanted to address this point, because a couple people have said something to this effect:

Still it was pretty stupid to have let a degenerate into her house.

They don't wear signs for crissakes. That's the whole problem. Predators are usually pretty practiced at blending with society. Criticizing someone for getting fooled by one is literal victim-blaming, and it's really, really shitty.

The measure of her qualities as a parent isn't her ability to magically sense pedophiles, it's how she responds when she finds out about one, and she absolutely reacted accordingly.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

It's just sarcasm, my dude. Probably should've mentioned, come to think of it.

Eh, I can appreciate that you didn't mean actual harm, but keep in mind tone doesn't carry in text, and using slurs sarcastically only works if everybody that hears you knows you well enough to know that you're being sarcastic. It's a good idea to avoid jokes like that. The odds of you accidentally hurting or pissing somebody off aren't worth it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.