Forum › On the Other Side of the Two Mountains discussion

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

All jokes aside. I don't think Azuran literally ate her since japanese are really fond of metaphors like this. It is just tragic that they have to be separated, I thought at first that Azuran is gonna suggest that she's gonna bring Yuri with her and elaborate a plan to murder her soon to be husband. That'd be epic. I just don't find the "romantic" whenever men find a beautiful woman in the woods then ask for their hand because they're bewitched by their beauty, as if these women have no lives in their own. But anyway, that's what some fairy tales taught us.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Yeah it looks different and like red, scared? But also like, if she did chomp on her ear, only a small part is actually gone?

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

There's always a right way to do vague, out of left field endings and I think this is one of them. There enough information to establish proper motivation but vague enough to not know their extent or limit.

I think the fun of these is the air of mystery that surrounds them, and diving any deeper might ruin that, but at the risk of ruining the magic I think the answer could mean anything from smokin' hot out of this world mind blowing hand holding to just actual straight up cannibalism. Or vampires.

But I guess part of the fun is guessing, right?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The art is lovely.
The story is like yuri from 40 years ago.
"She left me to marry a man and carry his children, but I'll never forget our bittersweet memories..."

joined Aug 10, 2018

Look guys and girls, I agree with you that the whole thing is tragic, maybe a bit romantic too. But if someone take a bite out of you, ripping into your flesh, it's not romance or desperation. They're abusive and f* up in the head.

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

P A I N.

also, i was thrown so off by the end until i came into the comment section to see that she LITERALLY did just take a piece of Yuri with her.

this story gives off the same vibes as "The End of Dreams" by Sudou Yumi where one of them loses a finger. recommend that story to anyone interested in tragic/depressed yuri.

last edited at Mar 2, 2022 7:24PM

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Is this art really non-moe? I guess I haven't read enough but I was under the impression that the non-moe art tag was for the particularly quirky, borderline unattractive art. The art here also doesn't look old-school enough.

last edited at Mar 2, 2022 8:42PM

joined Mar 17, 2019

The art is lovely.
The story is like yuri from 40 years ago.
"She left me to marry a man and carry his children, but I'll never forget our bittersweet memories..."

I think on the surface, the story uses the same trope, but the way the story is executed, the sentiment it leaves behind is so brilliant. At first it feels as if Azuran's feeling is too shallow and the typical "she loves everyone and I happen to be in it" innocent type. Only later we learnt that she also wished for a life with Yuri but there was no choice, the best thing she can do is to give a facade she is frivolous about their relationship to lessen the pain Yuri suffers. It is a nice contrast to Yuri, who, well, can be quite typical, wishing Azuran happiness at first then bursted out about wanting to be with her forever. I think the bitter-sweetness of this story is that in a way, Azuran granted Yuri's wish, that a part of her will always be with Azuran while protecting them both from even more tragic ends. Also, I love how Azuran's expression stays happy-go-lucky for almost the whole story, but after she heard Yuri's wish, it changed to as if her emotion flooding out.

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

?

?

joined May 18, 2021

I love this stuff honestly, loving your partner so much that you can't help but want to consume them in literally every way. Does Dynasty need a vore tag at this point? lmao

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

^
They already have one.
Not so much vore, she just finds her end-ear-ing
cough

joined Jun 11, 2016

genuine question, what does and does not qualify as non-moe art? Since to me this is pretty moe.

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

^
This art style looks very similar to virgin empire. How come it is classified as non-moe?

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

What if the only reason she's marrying the guy is so that she can eat someone? And she's afraid that if she stays with Yuri, then she'll succumb to her cannibalistic tendencies and she doesn't want to hurt the girl she loves

last edited at Mar 2, 2022 11:28PM

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

oh so she ate her, but i also hope she 'ate' her too before she left

joined Mar 17, 2019

I think by protecting Yuri, Azuran means not to eat her :-?

joined Dec 30, 2018

She didn't HAVE to get married to that guy. Literally nothing stops her from just staying with her girlfriend.

Someone missed out on history classes

Thats unfortunately not how that worked

joined Aug 21, 2017

Both the earlobe and story are 'ouch'.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

XD Cannibalism, nice.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Oh! It took that kind of turn. Really unexpected but should've been obvious. Damn they got me. I have mixed feelings about this but I can live with it

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

GreenTeaWytch posted:

I love this stuff honestly, loving your partner so much that you can't help but want to consume them in literally every way. Does Dynasty need a vore tag at this point? lmao

The site does have one, actually :)
Here, it was purposely omitted.

zokoi posted:

genuine question, what does and does not qualify as non-moe art? Since to me this is pretty moe.

This is a valid point. It's kind of an open question right now, I suppose. We will iron out the details and add a proper description soon.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 2:37PM

smoothsmoothie
Lcwgnwr
joined Jan 4, 2022

Did she actually eat her like???

CutegirlscryingIloveit
Img_-4klz88
joined Sep 30, 2021

The perfect blend of sweet and fucked up
I love it so much

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

I don't know. Azuran kind of gave me a bad vibe, even before the cannibalism. She seems so light hearted about her relationship with the other girl that it reminded me of the blonde girl from the "Close Face" episode of Moral Orel. I get the ear biting was suppose to be her way to show her love/obsession, but it came across more like she was messing around with the other girl.

To reply you must either login or sign up.