Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Aww. I'll miss this.

I guess it may have been cancelled? I thought there was ongoing bits still to resolve.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

There's a noticeable absence from those montage panels, right? I'm not the only one who's (not) seeing that? Given how much screen time they got recently.

I know what you mean. We needed more yaoi fangirl housewife dammit.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

WAH NO MORE CHAPTERS???

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Well, it was a nice end, even if it came way too soon.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Adult yuri stories are my jam and I had a lot of fun reading this one. May these two lovebirds live their chill lovey dovey life together forever ^_^

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

I remember when I first started reading this series I thought it was kind of boring. So I did not keep up with it for a while. But then when a lot of new chapters were already out, I started with it again out of a whim and got really hooked. That was around the time when their neighbors were introduced. This story had a very unique way of telling the story. There was no rush and a lot of care was put into introducing the characters and building the story's world. Therefore, this series needed some time to get really interesting, which is why I did not fancy it in the beginning.

However, the ending really caught me by surprise. I would have expected it to end the way it started: slow, but build with care. Thus, this rushed ending is not fitting in my opinion. A lot of story lines were not resolved and I'm also not really satisfied with the fact that Wanko and Elly are taking a big step as moving together to another place during only one chapter. So, I think that the series was cancelled or something else happened that the author had to cut it short. I'm really sad about this, since I got really fond of this story. I will definitely miss it!

Overall, I really enjoyed this series a lot! It was written really well and each character had its own place in the story. This is one of the series I would recommend to a yuri new-comer. It's very sweet and feels really close to a story that could happen in real life.

last edited at Mar 1, 2022 4:56PM

joined Jun 11, 2021

uhhh, oof, what? got axed i guess? what the hell. i'm actually really upset about this. mostly because a trans character was introduced (among several other plotlines) and then it just died. huhhhhhwh. what an empty feeling this is.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ahhh I’m going to miss seeing new chapters for this. Really loved these two love birds!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Well, it was a nice end, even if it came way too soon.

this

joined Mar 4, 2017

What the fuck? How is THIS the way it ends???

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I spy rings. Well, a ring, but it's a known fact these usually come in pairs.

joined May 24, 2014

What the fuck? How is THIS the way it ends???

No place is safer than home!

Spend%20(1)%20(1)
joined May 10, 2021

The ending was fast but the last two pages were so darn sweet and fitting for the story. The conclusion is fine imo. Great story, even if i didn't love it on first read the second time through it was wonderful. Can't wait to see what Ikeda Takashi does next!

catsfootironclaw
Imagem_2021-10-09_150323
joined Oct 9, 2021

wait what?

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Medetashi, medetashi, I think is a great suggestion for first reading of yuri mangas
Now we wait 10 years for the next yuri manga of this author

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Oof, I'm gonna miss this one.

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

well that was abrupt!....it was good while it lasted, at least. ty scanlators

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah this is certainly an ending, shame about all the other plotlines that don't get a resolution (especially the transgirl).

Ah well

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

There's a noticeable absence from those montage panels, right? I'm not the only one who's (not) seeing that? Given how much screen time they got recently.

I noticed it too but I guess she wasn't deemed important enough to get a slot in the ending.

Super disappointing ending, but what can you do :(

No way to wrap up Ataru's arc, the voice actor "yuri business" arc, or the trans girl's arc. What an unsatisfying end.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

That came out of nowhere, jeez. How deflating, it's not like the ending isn't terrible for what this series is but it's just so sudden that it feels more like a hiatus announcement with flair.

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

this is just sad.. I pray that we get the miracle of an Epilogue being released to tie up at least some of the loose ends.
And it might be even more unlikely but a spin-off that focuses on one of the side characters would be nice.
This story had so much potential, it made me so happy and it's so sad to see it go like this.

last edited at Mar 1, 2022 6:39PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Kinda feels like the two "ending" chapters could have more or less been glued on at any point. Didn't feel properly build up or anything. And, yeah, wasn't the type of series that needed everything 100% resolved, life goes on, yaddayadda, but kinda dull way to finish nonetheless.

But it was a fine read otherwise. Really relaxing, appropriately mature, never too boring, nice art too. Would overall recommend.

joined Feb 1, 2021

That's it? We've been robbed! ROBBED!

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well that ending felt incredibly random haha

I honestly thought we were going to explore more and have this series going for awhile still. Not a terrible ending, but it leaves a weird feeling I think.

Anyhow, an overall lovely series, thanks for translating it!

last edited at Mar 1, 2022 7:35PM

joined Sep 1, 2021

Kinda feels like the two "ending" chapters could have more or less been glued on at any point. Didn't feel properly build up or anything. And, yeah, wasn't the type of series that needed everything 100% resolved, life goes on, yaddayadda, but kinda dull way to finish nonetheless.

But it was a fine read otherwise. Really relaxing, appropriately mature, never too boring, nice art too. Would overall recommend.

this is a really good way to put it, its like they were made as a failsafe so if they either got canceled or just didnt want to go on anymore they had a smooth ending when they needed it. which is smart! but also it definitely feels sterile

To reply you must either login or sign up.