Forum › Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind discussion

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

It's basically Yuu and Touko, except Touko is the the protag this time, huh?

More or less the same plot overall so far "Girl thinks she aromantic but nah she's just hella gay and hasn't realised it yet." Sounds about right. Just on both fronts now too.

Been craving more Bloom Into You so maybe this'll scratch that Yuri itch at least somewhat.

last edited at Feb 9, 2022 11:58AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

It's basically Yuu and Touko, except Touko is the the protag this time, huh?

More or less the same plot overall so far "Girl thinks she aromantic but nah she's just hella gay and hasn't realised it yet." Sounds about right. Just on both fronts now too.

Been craving more Bloom Into You so maybe this'll scratch that Yuri itch at least somewhat.

Well the jury is still out on Yukari at least. Speaking of Bloom Into You though, despite it being the same basic premise, I didn't mind it there at all. Bc instead of going "ye i'm ace, whoops guess not" it felt a lot more like some really good demi representation with how Yuu's feelings developed, was real nice accurate to what demi feels like.

Here it's so abrupt that the mention of asexuality itself felt like a throwaway line, which bothered me. I hope they'll keep involving the concept and not just abandon it immediately.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Is this going to be angsty or drama-filled? If so, I'd like to know now so I can duck out early. The tags don't really give me a lot to go on.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

meh, those mangas always with the death sticks.

I can very much relate to the shock from seeing her use one or having to be in a smoking room

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This really feels more like yaoi than yuri. Maybe the art style that just adds to the odd feeling of the story so far. Although I won't lie, I always preferred the "Why can't I feel love/attraction towards others" trope in my "boys love" stories, so that might also be why it feels more like yaoi to me.
Other than that, apparently, smoking will be a big thing here. Or at least it's being set up to be some kind of a big or slightly bigger thing. The plot so far is just a big word "Suddenly". Matoi suddenly meets this other girl, she suddenly gets a ride from her, she suddenly learns where she lives, they suddenly go out on a date, and then there's this sudden question about having a boyfriend.

I guess we'll learn this manga's angle in the next chapter?

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I’m liking this one. The characters are interesting, and I’m a motorcyclist, so it’s got that going for me, too.

last edited at Feb 10, 2022 11:10AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This is like a battle between two Yuu Koito's

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

"I planned to take my grandmother on a ride on this bike, but unfortunately she passed away before I was able to. It is one of my biggest regrets"

"Wow... Hey, so do you have a boyfriend?"

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

It has this countryside vibe in it and the characters are interesting so count me in

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

"I planned to take my grandmother on a ride on this bike, but unfortunately she passed away before I was able to. It is one of my biggest regrets"

For an opener, I'm afraid I'll have to give that a D Minus.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Like, what a garbage opener omg hahaha

What I wanna know is if smoker girl is gonna be aro/ace in a way that she is fully not interested, or in the way that she is realising she might be gay like our MC (though our MC could also be aro/ace and interested in women though from how things are unfolding I don't think it's very likely)

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Oooooh, I identified as aromantic asexual back before I got into college then found myself a gf few years later. We had sex almost every day (I was the initiator) until she dumped me months later. I went from ace to gray ace. Today, I just say I'm gay because I realized it was comphet on my end (back when I wasn't aware of the term yet and also Occam's Razor). Never met an ace though but my ex was a gray ace.

last edited at Feb 11, 2022 7:00PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Wow, that is what I can say.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

damn so my earlier comment might have been correct, maybe we will get Matoi who thought she was ace until she falls for Yuriko, and Yuriko who is ace. And the story surrounding that, that would be fun.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So, no sex, no desire. Just gals being pals here, then. And that's fine. No ba-dumps or anything like that.

Just one girl thinking another girl is gorgeous and the gorgeous one thinking the other girl is amazing.

Overall, a pretty chill situation, it would seem.

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

Huh, a story set in today (at least pre-pandemic seemingly). It has ace and aro characters, smartphones (although this has been increasing in mangas recently, I've seen flip phones in some mangas), Japan's declining birth rate, women on bikes just being chill, a sexually active kid (although a little too exhibitionist to be realistic). I really like this.

Still waiting on a during pandemic slice of life manga about an established couple. Really hoped Inui Ayu Sensei's autobiographical work would've gone into that but it didn't. Neither did any of the other SoL mangas of established couples.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Huh, a story set in today (at least pre-pandemic seemingly). It has ace and aro characters, smartphones (although this has been increasing in mangas recently, I've seen flip phones in some mangas), Japan's declining birth rate, women on bikes just being chill, a sexually active kid (although a little too exhibitionist to be realistic). I really like this.

Idk how a modern kid not being conservative about making out in public is "too exhibitionist to be realistic".

joined Jun 19, 2018

Idk how a modern kid not being conservative about making out in public is "too exhibitionist to be realistic".

Not that, but the poses she makes to her sister while lightly taunting her for not being sexual enough seem really flirty/sexually charged. Hard to imagine among siblings except as an over-the-top joke.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

to be fair, the sister is absolutely made to contrast with Matoi. So her being a bit over the top libidinous is fine considering her role in the story

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

to be fair, the sister is absolutely made to contrast with Matoi. So her being a bit over the top libidinous is fine considering her role in the story

That's how I was reading her too. At least so far.

joined Jun 19, 2018

I wasn't trying to agree with the implication (if it was intended) that she's poorly written, I just agree that she's not realistic.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I can't tell if this is really a story about an asexual relationship, or will the MCs bloom into their sexuality as they grow closer. I really hope it's the latter. Honestly I find the idea of asexual romance down right baffling, and quite frankly boring. In my opinion, if you take sex out of a relationship all you have left is just a friendship.

joined Jan 14, 2020

On the other hand, it's distinctly possible that many leads of adventure manga are aromantic. We don't know different, anyway.

Fantasy novels not manga, but Sulien of The King's Peace is basically aro/asex. I think Paksenarrion is too. The books don't use the terms (Sulien is Arthurian, Paks basically standard D&D) but Sulien is pretty explicitly Not Interested In Anyone, and IIRC same-sex is acknowledged in the setting.

joined Jan 14, 2020

What surprised me more isn't so much the fact that she probably mistook being gay with being ace, but rather the fact that she's apparently heard of the terms "aromantic" and "asexual", yet she can't imagine liking a woman...? I may be wrong here, but isn't homosexuality a lot more well-known? Idk

My take was she can imagine it, but hasn't felt feelings for any girls around either. Until now.

Victory
joined Oct 15, 2020

I have all the volumes in significantly better quality but I have absolutely no idea how to contact you. So here's volume 1 to 4 in good quality. You might wanna apply denoise using waifu2x first tho. https://mega.nz/folder/JAZhgQ4I#2ysOFosOCnh_eg9c3NmhbA
If you want to credit raw provider. I normally go by CSmith327

last edited at Feb 18, 2022 12:22AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.