Forum › Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind discussion

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

woulda been cool if the character was actually ace/aro and not just unaware of being gay.

i'd be okay with a series that genuinely explores the process of working through issues with sexuality though - even if she does realize she is gay in the end. so long as it doesn't push the narrative that ace/aro people just haven't found the right person or whatever. judging by the way that asexuality was addressed so explicitly at the start, i have hope that her learning about her sexuality will be done in a healthy way. though idk anything else by this author, so who knows.

it'd also be nice to get some ace/aro manga that doesn't turn out this way tho. there are so many great stories to tell about asexual intimacy, and relationships... if anyone has recs, including het and yaoi, i'm all ears.

unrelated, i found the art difficult to follow in this first chapter. the characters look very different from panel to panel, especially when its not a close up on their face.

excited to see where this one goes in any case.

edit: at least we learned she's probably not ace in the first chapter instead of having her realize at the end of the series.

last edited at Feb 3, 2022 1:27PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Since "aromantic/asexual" is in quotation marks and so pretty clearly the MC is using a term somewhat self-consciously, what's sad in Japanese is probably pretty much exactly what was translated. But it would be funny if it had actually just been a translation thing and the original Japanese didn't really connect to the aro/ace tags used in English and so the whole discussion was about a mirage.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I like their predatory eyes in some panels, especially biker gal.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

What surprised me more isn't so much the fact that she probably mistook being gay with being ace, but rather the fact that she's apparently heard of the terms "aromantic" and "asexual", yet she can't imagine liking a woman...? I may be wrong here, but isn't homosexuality a lot more well-known? Idk

I'm surprised you're the only one commenting this, I noticed this immediately while reading.

joined Mar 19, 2020

I thought this was a one shot lol glad to see it isn’t

Violetpfp
joined Aug 12, 2021

love this, very relatable.

In 4th grade I labeled myself as aro/ace since I didn't feel attracted to guys. Met a girl in 5th grade, read a GL, found out I liked the girl, girl moved schools, and now I'm gay and addicted to yuri.

joined May 10, 2021

Good gracious is the art amazing!
Also, big gay syndrome, a darn cute tomboy, and a motorcycle... What more do I fucking need?!

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

To find your destined one...

...at drivers' ed.

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

i like the story so far but why does matoi look like makoto from persona 3

joined Sep 13, 2018

I don't really take too much into the "Aromatic/Asexual" thing, personally I'd wanna know what the original japanese was, because I'm having a feeling part of it might be a very literal 'I do not consider myself romantic, thus I am A-Romantic', like asexual being used for creatures who don't engage in sexual reproduction either.

In whatever case, it's tagged yuri, I'd kinda go in and figuring this is a 'gay person doesn't think about sex or love til meeting a possible love interest, then the ideas click' kinda story. Doesn't help that her sister is hooking up left and right while she's kinda left going 'yeah definitely not my thing', which I imagine has a pretty clear influence on her views of romance and all.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I mean, just cause she's fallen for this girl doesn't mean that she isn't asexual/aromantic

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

I mean, just cause she's fallen for this girl doesn't mean that she isn't asexual/aromantic

yeah i agree.

ive just read a lot of manga that flirted with having ace/aro characters and then let me down. and like, figuring stuff out is perfectly fine regardless of how she identifies in the end.

im just starving for some ace yuri with Lots of ruffling, Lots of brushing, and lots of other cute asexual intimacy... haaahhhh one day.

last edited at Feb 3, 2022 11:36PM

joined Jul 23, 2021

it'd also be nice to get some ace/aro manga that doesn't turn out this way tho. there are so many great stories to tell about asexual intimacy, and relationships... if anyone has recs, including het and yaoi, i'm all ears.

your best bet for actual aromantic series is isekais like tensei slime and honzuki. Ace though... nothing comes to mind.

joined Jan 29, 2021

Hm pretty interesting, seems like another that's going to be a character going from identifying as Ace to being wlw though, idk how to feel about that

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

your best bet for actual aromantic series is isekais like tensei slime and honzuki. Ace though... nothing comes to mind.

I recommend Is Love The Answer?. It’s one volume and complete, with official translation coming out later this year. I haven’t read it but people on the aro/ace spectrum are gushing over finally getting some representation! Also check out the author, some of the other works have similar themes.

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

Great start. I’m in.

Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

kinda weird art, mc looks like a guy lol. good start though

joined Feb 6, 2022

There's not really anything wrong with a teenager wondering if they're aroace and it can be a gay experience with cisheteronormativity and all, but it just sucks that the manga will especially use the terms aro ace only to go down the trope of "you just haven't found the right one yet". This isn't real life with a real teen questionning herself, it's a cafted story where the author has full control. Saying "I've yet to feel romantic attraction" or smth would've felt better than mention probably being aro to then be thrown out the window cause it's a romance manga.

I finally created an account just to post something like this and you beat me to it :(

joined Feb 6, 2022

I'd recommend Marriage as Friends over on Mangadex. It's a oneshot about a couple of roommates who start a family together, despite not being attracted to one another - and there'e also some subtext suggesting one of them is aro.

Also, the VN A Year of Springs has an ace character. I know it's not a manga, but I wanted to mention it anyway.

last edited at Feb 6, 2022 9:49AM

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Just like a rider to know PRECISELY the exact hour and minute it will rain or shine lol

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Ah!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

it would be very interesting and honestly a little funny, if the main character who thought she was aro/ace realises she's actualy gay and the woman she fell for turns out to be the one who is aro/ace.

A real bait and switch followed up by an interesting story. Though of course that's just me thinking about what would be most fun to see, so whatever this story is going to end up doing I won't complain

joined Apr 4, 2017

okay only ch2 has been released but along with the mature art style I'm kinda loving this... relatable too bc me and my first gf like 11 years ago went thru the "are we asexual?" thought process despite dating each other lmfaoo. bc asexuality was becoming big online but lesbianism as a concept in our small town just didnt exist because we were expected to grow up and get boyfriends (like the other friends we would hang around with) and not like girls exclusively. can you beliiiieeeve lmfao. so damaging. anyway, subscribed.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

I am more curious about that girl on the translator page, for who don`t know, is a girl who is in a 3p relationship in Yukataro work

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

It's basically Yuu and Touko, except Touko is the the protag this time, huh?

To reply you must either login or sign up.