Forum › Citrus + discussion

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Oh no, that Harumi behind
And that kitty

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

The book title was like one of those edits that scanlators sometimes add on the credit page LOL
And it was hilarious (as was Yuzu's face XD)

The "Towel Holder" page confused the hell out of me at first when translating, until I realized it was just the post-chapter mini illustration for August 7th, referring to the "very popular" items Mei picked up when looking for a present: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_august_7th#13

Towel holders are indeed immensely popular with high school girls

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

For a self professed gyaru, Yuzu sure has the innocence of a pure hearted maiden. She could probably learn quite a bit from that book, if she ever works up the courage to actually read it :P

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

For a half second I literally thought that Harumin had literally turned into a cat for some reason, such a shame it wasn't, that would have been a good development

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

For a self professed gyaru, Yuzu sure has the innocence of a pure hearted maiden. She could probably learn quite a bit from that book, if she ever works up the courage to actually read it :P

To be fair to Yuzu she's always been something of a fake gyaru ever since the first chapter, in fact it was Mei who brought her forcibly into the light. You know, back when Mei was still human

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

To be fair to Yuzu she's always been something of a fake gyaru ever since the first chapter, in fact it was Mei who brought her forcibly into the light. You know, back when Mei was still human

LOL, I was reading around in the OG Citrus today (OK, truth be told, I was trying to see when Harumin's boobs got their prodigious growth spurt), and Mei really was a much more rambunctious character pretty much until the Arranged Marriage Returns From The Dead arc. Yeah, she was a good deal more reserved than, say, Matsuri, but when alone with Yuzu she was, like, a real person, and a fairly horny one at that.

Those were the days . . .

S
joined Jan 12, 2021

For a half second I literally thought that Harumin had literally turned into a cat for some reason, such a shame it wasn't, that would have been a good development

Supernatural in Citrus... that would be a first!

joined Mar 29, 2019

Kitty... cake. Kitty... cake. Kitty... cake.

How do these things fit together? Hmmm I wonder.

The author doesn't have any stories to tell, it's a shame she does everything else well like romantic mystery. But it's clear they're unwilling to actually let this story ever go anywhere ever again. I dropped months ago.

It's clear the author is teasing us about HaruminxMatsuri. Matsuri is too immature for her but Harumin had a ridiculous crush on Yuzu and she's watching these noobs (YuzuxMei) pretend to be married.

"I have a lot to learn, I guess." This is reference to the fact that she can't let go of Yuzu even though she's an idiot and has a kouhai begging her to use that body every hour of the day. And Harumin is tempted a lot...but she keeps telling Matsuri she's too much of a mess to give a chance.

Whenever Harumin moves on, probably to her arranged marriage, it's going to hit Matsuri hard. She'll have JUST not aged up at the right time for Harumin to give her the kitty cake. It's a shame.

I would be interested in seeing Mei become a person...but I think the author is stuck in this Japanese introversion thing, kind of like Komi Can't Communicate, which is a hilarious manga with actual growth unlike Citrus. Kind of makes you feel like social anxiety is unfixable, which is a sad state of affairs to write into your story.

I appreciate the tantalizing romance between the other pair in the series though, it has as much or more potential than the other. If Mat/Haru get together can we see actual development between the main characters again? It's almost like Haru/Matsu is happening in its own dimension while the flow of time in Yuzu's relationship has slowed to a crawl.

I mean...Harumin is letting Matsuri into her house again after she kissed her. There's probably an understated connection at this point. If you weren't into a possible romantic interest who stole a kiss from you, y'all probably wouldn't let them into your house. Just saying.

But it seems more and more like Harumin has given up on her current situation and is waiting for a way out, which is depressing. She'll be married to a guy in not too many years. But I think she'll regret it a lot (if Matsuri ever becomes more than a troll).

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea what Harumin could have meant with that "I have a lot to learn" Matsuri's reaction the the cat was cute tho

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea what Harumin could have meant with that "I have a lot to learn" Matsuri's reaction the the cat was cute tho

It's an expression of admiration towards..."someone" (either Yuzu or Matsuri). Which "someone" is left intentionally ambiguous in the original Japanese, so I had to get extremely creative with the translation to maintain that ambiguity while preserving as much of the original meaning as possible.

Personally, I think she's talking about Matsuri. She envies and admires Matsuri's boldness and willingness to take action (which she demonstrated this chapter with her brazen gift and constant teasing). A lack of direction in her life seems to be Harumi's chief issue throughout the last few chapters, so I think she envies Matsuri here in much the same way she envies Maruta (and wishes she could be more like that herself, hence the "I have a lot to learn").

However, I also think that Matsuri thinks that Harumi is talking about Yuzu with this line (which is one of the main reasons it was so difficult to translate). Matsuri seems to be convinced that Harumi has feelings toward Yuzu (whether this is true or not, we still don't know for sure), and she teases and prods her about it on multiple occasions this volume. She expects words of admiration like that to be referring to Yuzu, not to her.

This is just my perspective from having read the original and having paid close attention to the interactions between these two during the chapters I've worked on. It's still left up to interpretation by the author, and more information will likely surface in Volume 5.

last edited at Jan 21, 2022 1:31AM

joined Apr 19, 2020

Supernatural in Citrus... that would be a first!

I definitely like Matsuri and Harumi way more than yuzu and mei now.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, she will...

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Oh, she will...

last edited at Jan 21, 2022 10:29AM

Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

I figured you might be needing something like this soon (tm).

last edited at Jan 21, 2022 7:55PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It's an expression of admiration towards..."someone" (either Yuzu or Matsuri). Which "someone" is left intentionally ambiguous in the original Japanese, so I had to get extremely creative with the translation to maintain that ambiguity while preserving as much of the original meaning as possible.

Personally, I think she's talking about Matsuri. She envies and admires Matsuri's boldness and willingness to take action (which she demonstrated this chapter with her brazen gift and constant teasing). A lack of direction in her life seems to be Harumi's chief issue throughout the last few chapters, so I think she envies Matsuri here in much the same way she envies Maruta (and wishes she could be more like that herself, hence the "I have a lot to learn").

However, I also think that Matsuri thinks that Harumi is talking about Yuzu with this line (which is one of the main reasons it was so difficult to translate). Matsuri seems to be convinced that Harumi has feelings toward Yuzu (whether this is true or not, we still don't know for sure), and she teases and prods her about it on multiple occasions this volume. She expects words of admiration like that to be referring to Yuzu, not to her.

This is just my perspective from having read the original and having paid close attention to the interactions between these two during the chapters I've worked on. It's still left up to interpretation by the author, and more information will likely surface in Volume 5.

This is a very interesting interpretation and certainly lines up with whatever we've seen on the series so far. I also found it very curious how chipper Matsuri was around Harumin, especially since in the last main chapter she was kind of depressed.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Honestly I'm sleepy and thought the cat was a sex joke and Matsuri was just calling Harumin a bottom

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

A special canvas with completely new art by Sabu is being given away to three lucky winners by Ichijinsa and for the first time people outside Japan can participate in the raffle

https://twitter.com/ichijinsha_R/status/1488803148374614016

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I think it is interesting to compare this sequel series with the sequel to Kase-San

While one is set in college and has the two main characters go through some new challenges and experiences trying to navigate this brand new environment (while admittedly retreading some familiar territory)
They are older and so is their relationship

The other feels kind of stagnant and lacks that drama and stakes that made Citrus such a juicy read that I couldn't put down. I mean, we spent how many chapters with the big question of what to do for Yuzu's birthday?
It is also still set in this never changing high school world and it feels like in some ways that these characters have regressed instead of moved forwards.

Sorry for being the bearer bad news but there's no new chapter this month.

Xxaaezvi
joined Oct 1, 2019

Yeah. The author sure likes her breaks. Almost quit reading Citrus because of so many breaks.

joined Apr 5, 2021

looooooove!!!!!

joined May 28, 2021

This is the best chapter in a good long while in my book. It has everything that makes Yuzu a good, likable character, plus an all too rare moment of Mei losing a bit of self control and acting like a normal young woman for a minute. THIS is the citrus I love.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is the best chapter in a good long while in my book. It has everything that makes Yuzu a good, likable character, plus an all too rare moment of Mei losing a bit of self control and acting like a normal young woman for a minute. THIS is the citrus I love.

Wait, sure, Yuzu is Yuzu, but where is Mei "acting like a normal young woman"?

I see Mei acting like a ferociously strict parent of a wayward child, scolding Yuzu for thinking about anything except her studies, punctuated by:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_august_25th#26

the Mei-bot suffering the BSOD when confronted by an actual "normal young woman" and her feelings.

Then rebooting and withholding her permission for Yuzu to "do what she wants" pending the results of her next exam.

joined May 28, 2021

Wait, sure, Yuzu is Yuzu, but where is Mei "acting like a normal young woman"?

I see Mei acting like a ferociously strict parent of a wayward child, scolding Yuzu for thinking about anything except her studies, punctuated by:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_august_25th#26

the Mei-bot suffering the BSOD when confronted by an actual "normal young woman" and her feelings.

Then rebooting and withholding her permission for Yuzu to "do what she wants" pending the results of her next exam.

Remember, I did say '' for a minute '' :P She got a tiny bit flustered there and lost a small percentage of her self control program. I count this as a win !

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

We haven't seen you in like, a year or something, right?

More like 6 years lol

I actually think I liked Mei better in this chapter too. I think her strictness is a clear sign of how much she genuinely cares about Yuzu's future. She left Yuzu with lots of advice and well wishes at the beginning of the chapter, and she's strict with her at the end because she wants Yuzu to succeed at her exams so she can pursue her dreams. She's not being controlling, she's being helpful (especially considering how busy she already is on her own). Mei's characterization is certainly subtle, perhaps more so than it used to be, but it looks like it might be headed in a better direction. I do hope she continues to develop and become more outwardly affectionate in the future. (I got a good chuckle out of the literal Robo-Mei in this chapter, lol.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.