Forum › Citrus + discussion

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Man, it's been too long, and I think I'm starting to develop fatigue with manga where I can't recall things, can anyone point me to the relevant senpai chapters?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Goddamn, when will something actually happen in this series!!! I can’t take these 10 page chapters every month that barely move the story forward anymore. Either do something or just stop I mean come on it’s been like this for so long at this point

Godot is coming—sensei said so. We just have to wait.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Wait I’m so confused… I thought Glasses-Senpai was the same age as Mei Yuzu and Harumin/also in the student council… I also got the impression that Harumin and her sister had a bigger age gap like 5+ years……. did I miss something or did Citrus+ retcon that/make a new plot hole?…

At this point, Harumin, Yuzu and Mei are 18. Himeko is probably the same or still 17. Kayo and Suzuran must be 19. MItzuko should be at 20 (adult). Nene should be 17, Matsuri is most likely 16.
Anther way to cuont is this:

1st year: Matsuri
2nd year Nene
3rd year Yuzu Mei Harumin Himeko
1st year Alumni Kayo Suzuran
2rd year Alumus Mitsuko.

Mitsuko graduated when Mei was in the last year of her middle school. She left instructions nnto Kayo to take an eye on Mei.

There are incidents which happened outof the blue and we do not know why as if there is a spy. Take a guess....for example, Mitsuko went back to school because she was told disicpline was lax, sepcially Nene and Yuzi...someone has to inform Mitsuko, and you can be sure thatit is not harumin

last edited at Dec 22, 2021 3:39AM

1599531_403762246435445_1409813519_o
joined Mar 14, 2014

This series started 8 years ago. Just think about that.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

This series started 8 years ago. Just think about that.

my brain just bluescreened

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

I feel like the slow pacing here wouldn’t be nearly as much of a problem if the wait between chapters wasn’t so big and the chapter length didn’t vary from long to unfairly short.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I feel like the slow pacing here wouldn’t be nearly as much of a problem if the wait between chapters wasn’t so big and the chapter length didn’t vary from long to unfairly short.

I dunno—I just re-read most of this series, and the question that arises for me is: the slow pacing of what, exactly? We’ve had, in random order as I think of them:

• The glacial journey of Yuzu and Mei’s romantic recovery/reboot, which we know ends up in a fantasy lesbian wedding, and which at this point, in terms of physical intimacy at least, is considerably behind where they were when the original-series relationship broke off because of arranged marriage #2.

• The Aihara-Academy-Comes-To-Terms-With-Lesbianism pieces, including the Triumphant Board Meeting chapter and the Crabby-Kendo-san and her adorable Nene-knockoff partner partially coming to terms with their closeted feelings arc. This part seems to be settled for the most part, which is no guarantee something else won’t come up (outraged homophobic parents, for example).

• The-Will-They-Or-Won’t-They,-And-If-So,-When? Harumin/Matsuri thread, which has seemed about to erupt several times, but then mostly doesn’t.

I don’t have any particular investment in HaruMatsu one way or the other, but more actual development of why each one feels the way they do (as opposed to romantic “progress,” welcome as that too would be) might make whole issue seem less like a rote Pair the Hottest Spares/Opposites Attract deal to me.

Given Saburouta’s past record, I can only assume that this too will wander around semi-randomly until some editorial or publication pressure leads to a flurry of hasty plot resolutions.

joined Nov 13, 2019

happy halloween & merry christmas..no... I mean it's about now I get a job and buy every citrus manga

Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020
  • The glacial journey of Yuzu and Mei’s romantic recovery/reboot, which we know ends up in a fantasy lesbian wedding, and which at this point, in terms of physical intimacy at least, is considerably behind where they were when the original-series relationship broke off because of arranged marriage #2.

The original series' final chapter ended with Mei taking the initiative again by kissing and toppling Yuzu over. This is like at the start of ch.13, before the whole school trip back in volume 4. The difference that this time when Yuzu stops her, Mei finally confess her love, then they hug.

It's unbelievable that they don't have sex after that or later that night. How many times did they start doing it and stopped because they didn't understand each other? How many times Yuzu couldn't sleep at night and wanted to do stuff with Mei? I doubt they'll resist until midnight, let alone months. The idea that they'd restart from scratch is absolutely ridiculous.

last edited at Jan 1, 2022 11:30AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The original series' final chapter ended with Mei taking the initiative again by kissing and toppling Yuzu over. This is like at the start of ch.13, before the whole school trip back in volume 4. The difference that this time when Yuzu stops her, Mei finally confess her love, then they hug.

It's unbelievable that they don't have sex after that or later that night. How many times did they start doing it and stopped because they didn't understand each other? How many times Yuzu couldn't sleep at night and wanted to do stuff with Mei? I doubt they'll resist until midnight, let alone months. The idea that they'd restart from scratch is absolutely ridiculous.

LOL—leaving Yuzu with tfw you sleep with your soulmate every night but can’t even masturbate for fear of waking them up.

joined Jan 14, 2020

LOL—leaving Yuzu with tfw you sleep with your soulmate every night but can’t even masturbate for fear of waking them up.

Did that actually come up in the manga? I had a fic idea along those lines, though more like Yuzu going "fuck it, I'm going ahead anyway".

last edited at Jan 2, 2022 6:19PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Did that actually come up in the manga? I had a fic idea along those lines, though more like Yuzu going "fuck it, I'm going ahead anyway".

No, I’m pretty sure it hasn’t, nor anything like it. Maybe they’ve spooned? Almost, or on a special occasion, maybe? They’ve displayed a level of denial of the flesh worthy of a pair of medieval hermits.

Meanwhile, the also-not-blood-related sisters in Living With My Brother’s Wife are complete snuggle-bunnies . . .

Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

No, I’m pretty sure it hasn’t, nor anything like it. Maybe they’ve spooned? Almost, or on a special occasion, maybe? They’ve displayed a level of denial of the flesh worthy of a pair of medieval hermits.

I don't think masturbation exists in citrus. Like, even people thinking about it. It was never invented.

The further they went was probably ch. 8 where Mei kisses her, rises her shirt, they hug, she licks Yuzu's neck, puts a hand in her pants, and... then she gets slapped for the effort.

last edited at Jan 4, 2022 11:40PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't think masturbation exists in citrus. Like, even people thinking about it. It was never invented.

Or maybe it’s one of those timeline-erasure things, where the villain somehow alters elements of the reality, leaving the people with the sense that something’s missing, but they can’t quite remember what it was:

Yuzu: “Wasn’t there something physical we wanted to do?”

Mei: “You mean like kissing? We have to be really careful about that—that’s how you get pregnant! Once a year—maybe!”

Yuzu: “No . . . something more than kissing . . .”

Mei: “There is nothing more than kissing!”

Yuzu: [Holds up hand] “Something to do with . . . “ [Shakes head] “No, now it’s gone . . .”

Me: “Just forget it, and come give Kumagoro his good-night hug.”

Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

Or maybe it’s one of those timeline-erasure things, where the villain somehow alters elements of the reality, leaving the people with the sense that something’s missing, but they can’t quite remember what it was:

Yuzu: “Wasn’t there something physical we wanted to do?”

Mei: “You mean like kissing? We have to be really careful about that—that’s how you get pregnant! Once a year—maybe!”

Yuzu: “No . . . something more than kissing . . .”

They removed hand-holding?! Despicable villain!!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/CITRUSYUZUMEI/status/1482004088418369536

According to the obi on Volumes 3 and 4:

Until 2021 / Mar. / 31st.
Foreign Language Edition (PAPER) hits over 650,000 sales!

Until 2022 / Jan. / 18th.
Foreign Language Edition (PAPER + DIGITAL) hits over 1,100,000 sales!

That's a lot

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Considering Mei hasn't shown up for 3 chapters in a row, the YHC on that chicken bucket must stand for YuzuHaru Chapter, lol.

The "Towel Holder" page confused the hell out of me at first when translating, until I realized it was just the post-chapter mini illustration for August 7th, referring to the "very popular" items Mei picked up when looking for a present: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_august_7th#13

(Also, I was cracking up when I saw that book for the first time, plus Yuzu's face in the next panel XD)

last edited at Jan 20, 2022 4:08PM

Matsuri likes cat's.

S
joined Jan 12, 2021

The cat appeared at the exact time that it was starting to get serious/good. T__T

joined Jan 14, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_vol_4_extra_august_8th#4

I'm with you, Yuzu, we all worship Harumin's boobs.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Considering Mei hasn't shown up for 3 chapters in a row

arguably for all of Citrus+

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Wearing a Citrus shirt in Citrus...

That book sure gave us some nice Yuzu faces. :D

Kitty! :D

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

How in the hell has KFC weasled it's way into being the holiday meal in Japan? Do they not use racoon meat in it there like they do here?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That cat must be Matsuri's spirit animal, just showing up out of nowhere and deciding Harumi's house is theirs.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Wearing a Citrus shirt in Citrus...

It's citrussception

To reply you must either login or sign up.