Forum › Posts by Rinas

Rinas
Citrus + discussion 21 Jan 19:37
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

I figured you might be needing something like this soon (tm).

last edited at Jan 21, 2022 7:55PM

Rinas
Citrus + discussion 05 Jan 10:16
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

I don't think masturbation exists in citrus. Like, even people thinking about it. It was never invented.

Or maybe it’s one of those timeline-erasure things, where the villain somehow alters elements of the reality, leaving the people with the sense that something’s missing, but they can’t quite remember what it was:

Yuzu: “Wasn’t there something physical we wanted to do?”

Mei: “You mean like kissing? We have to be really careful about that—that’s how you get pregnant! Once a year—maybe!”

Yuzu: “No . . . something more than kissing . . .”

They removed hand-holding?! Despicable villain!!

Rinas
Citrus + discussion 04 Jan 23:39
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

LOL—leaving Yuzu with tfw you sleep with your soulmate every night but can’t even masturbate for fear of waking them up.

Did that actually come up in the manga? I had a fic idea along those lines, though more like Yuzu going "fuck it, I'm going ahead anyway".

No, I’m pretty sure it hasn’t, nor anything like it. Maybe they’ve spooned? Almost, or on a special occasion, maybe? They’ve displayed a level of denial of the flesh worthy of a pair of medieval hermits.

I don't think masturbation exists in citrus. Like, even people thinking about it. It was never invented.

The further they went was probably ch. 8 where Mei kisses her, rises her shirt, they hug, she licks Yuzu's neck, puts a hand in her pants, and... then she gets slapped for the effort.

last edited at Jan 4, 2022 11:40PM

Rinas
Citrus + discussion 01 Jan 11:28
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020
  • The glacial journey of Yuzu and Mei’s romantic recovery/reboot, which we know ends up in a fantasy lesbian wedding, and which at this point, in terms of physical intimacy at least, is considerably behind where they were when the original-series relationship broke off because of arranged marriage #2.

The original series' final chapter ended with Mei taking the initiative again by kissing and toppling Yuzu over. This is like at the start of ch.13, before the whole school trip back in volume 4. The difference that this time when Yuzu stops her, Mei finally confess her love, then they hug.

It's unbelievable that they don't have sex after that or later that night. How many times did they start doing it and stopped because they didn't understand each other? How many times Yuzu couldn't sleep at night and wanted to do stuff with Mei? I doubt they'll resist until midnight, let alone months. The idea that they'd restart from scratch is absolutely ridiculous.

last edited at Jan 1, 2022 11:30AM

Rinas
Citrus + discussion 23 Sep 18:53
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

Is this all because of the lack of progress? Or because they went from Yuzu removing Mei's clothes in ch32 of Citrus to barely few kisses in Citrus+?

Because June 2nd of Citrus+ p17 contains a pretty clear statement about Saburouta ignoring all the previous progress in their relationship.

You can't make any theory about their behavior after such a break in internal consistency, which was lampshaded by Matsuri's reaction. If the author doesn't give a crap about such a big thing, I doubt your details will lead you anywhere.

last edited at Sep 23, 2021 6:54PM

Rinas
Citrus + discussion 23 Sep 08:36
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

That's not how newlyweds are supposed to end the day!

Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

In hardship they got closer

Rinas
Citrus + discussion 03 Apr 18:06
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

MeiMei is going yandere, haha.
Mei's pose on page 7 is just too much perfection.

Those lines have such wasted potential, if only they where doing it:

Mei: Okay now, have a taste of mine.
Yuzu: Not quite what I had in mind... but this works...

Lill'bro is too cute.

Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

Is this supposed to be a manga for people into milfs? Because I'm totally into the mc, and I really don't get this comment section.

Rinas
Yuru Oyako discussion 26 Oct 17:47
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

I hope there is a Sugar Momma 4. Every chapter that skirt is a bit more open second page is really wholesome.

Woah, like, woah. I got the trend, but this is way above my expectations. Sadly we won't have a chapter with an Insane Amounts of Sex tag. I also doubt there'll be any sugar momma 5...

Why are you taking your panties off too!?

Oh, Sayaka, you naïve little girl...

Nah, it's more like a shy girl asking her partner to remove her skirt, and getting all tsundere when she takes off her panties too.

2) Taiyaki flipped the page order in every chapter. The second page precedes the first.

You may be right, but Sugar Momma 1 seems to be in order, at least from the dialogue.

It also seems like the second page is 'reality' and the first page is the kid's imagination.

I think they are real:
- Sugar Momma 1, Sayaka says "Just take it normally... / eh~ that's no fun~" which wouldn't make sense without the first.
- Sugar Momma 2, page 3 is not a delusion, and there Yuuki's leg are that of the first page, not of the second.
- Sugar Momma 3, the position is practically the same, just with a filter. Still, it did happen.

Edit: if sugar momma 2, page 3 was made afterward for the fans to clarify what the situation was, why showing Sayaka getting up with Yuuki's legs spread, instead of showing Yuuki dreaming about page 1? It seems obvious to me that page 1 happened and the author tried to clarify it (instead of denying it).

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 6:33PM

Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

I wonder why so many yuri start with sex/lewd stuff and end with hand holding.

Rinas
Yuru Oyako discussion 24 Oct 14:25
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

The bassist is weird. Anyway, how did he wiretap them? Did he break in their house?

When he was at the restaurant with her?

She told him that she wanted a divorce only when they met, as it's clear that he didn't expect it. Are you saying that he goes around with a bug all the time, just in case he has to wiretap someone? "That lady is cute, let's wiretap her."

Rinas
Yuru Oyako discussion 24 Oct 07:19
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

The bassist is weird. Anyway, how did he wiretap them? Did he break in their house?

Rinas
Citrus + discussion 24 Oct 06:19
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

Current translation on dynasty (from Yuri Project):

Chapter 14 was translated by yuri project

Yeah... that's why I pointed it out too.

So this is my direct translation:
I... / really like you... Mei. / As sisters... / as family. / You’re really important to me... / and I...

I don’t understand why ‘sisters’ and ‘family’ are bolded In the original Nor why they chose to use the word ‘job’, cuz it makes it sound like Yuzu is obligated to like Mei.

But I would bold ‘ really ’ in my version because Yuzu uses the word ‘meccha’ in this dialogue, which means ‘very’, or ‘extremely’.

Thanks for the translation.

I checked, and it seems they put words in bold because that's what the listener focuses on, or to make the core of the message visible at first glance. Considering Mei's reaction I think it makes sense, even if I don't agree with pointing it out. Also, they use italics to codify the emphasis in the intonation of the speaker, and in this case it's on 'family'. I tried to read it, and it make sense as it's a clarification between a suspension and a full stop. Not sure it was needed, or where it comes from.

As per the source of 'job', it's probably because at the start Yuzu tried hard to behave like a big sister, and tried to take care of Mei. That's probably what they meant with 'I feel like it's my job to look after you'. Also, both 'sister' and 'family' come from vol 2 (in particular ch 6-7) as Yuzu never changed her mind since then. It was the arc of Mei's father, and Yuzu thought that what Mei needed is a sister and a family. My guess is that they wanted to make sure the reason for Mei's reaction was obvious, so they added a random thing from back then, even if it was already clear from the first half of the phrase.

I would have preferred if they didn't make things up, tho, as it makes Yuzu look worse, and it changes the way she thinks about Mei. At least it's not as bad as the scan, where Mei turns her down at random.

Rinas
Citrus + discussion 23 Oct 12:05
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

"Uhh...The wrong sibling...?" Is actually
"Eh... SHE SHRUNK!?"

Hahaha, sadly it doesn't surprise me that they wrote something that it has nothing to do with the original.

The last part is not so much as a "let's... talk in my room" as it is a "senpai... can we talk in my room?" Because Matsuri is being extremely formal, even more than usual. Which is a nuance that is very hard to replicate in english cuz by being overly formal in Japanese is a way to express anger, sarcasm, indifference, sadness etc...

Well, in English you can be rather formal, it depends on how much indirect you are. I'm not a native speaker, but from what I know "Senpai. I wonder if it would be fine if we talked in my room." is a rather formal/polite way of saying that phrase. You can be shorter/less formal, but it's possible in English too. Otherwise, you can use the usual 'old' English to seem formal without lengthening the text. As per the effect of being formal, that happens pretty much anywhere, even if it's not used as much as in Japanese.

Also, this is actually VERY VERY MUCH lost in translation.

Yeah, but there is way and way to translate. Citrus, ch 14, official (bold in the original):

I... / really like you... Mei. / As sisters... / as family. / I feel like it's my job to look after you...

Current translation on dynasty (from Yuri Project):

I... I... / I do love you... Mei. / Disregarding we are sisters, / disregarding we are family... / I cherish you, personally, an incredible amount!

I've no idea what is the original, but one of the two is clearly wrong, and the other fits more with the overall images and events.

But Matsuri speaks to Harumin ONLY in keigo (Japanese polite speech). True that [...]

Oh, I didn't know she spoke in formal speech. How interesting. I never actually noticed that she has always called Harumin formally, probably because I didn't expect it from her. I mean, there is a "Hey, you there with the boobs." In the official translation of ch 31. Don't know how it is in the original.

[...] Cuz so much stuff is just lost in translation and it's just really sad that the translators are unable to replicate the nuances or at least something close to the original Japanese raws.

You could get close if they put translation notices to explain everything, like they do for the bible and other ancient texts. Or at least the first time someone appears to describe how they talk. No one thinks the reader cares, so they won't do it. Still, no hope in getting the nuances if they get whole phrases wrong.

[imgs]

Woah, I've no idea what's written, but it's exactly the same characters. 'How fascinating.'

last edited at Oct 23, 2020 12:53PM

Rinas
Citrus + discussion 23 Oct 04:59
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

I don't usually read scans, I'm just here to compare the translation with the original. It's... translated fairly differently... some contexts were cut out to fit the conversation into the speech bubbles and others were lost in translation. And I think that might be why some readers seem to think there's no chemistry between them. There's alot of reading between the lines in Japanese even because when it comes to Matsuri and Harumin they are implied to have A LOT of interaction 'away from camera', like hanging out together (alone) and texting each other regularly. But in English with the context removed or translated wrongly, I see why most people say they have no chemistry.

I surely didn't get that. Thanks for posting. Now it makes more sense.

In 30th June the last few panels where Harumin remembers Matsuri saying "all prez does is magically solve things from afar..." is actually a mistranslation. This scene is Harumin remembering Matsuri's words in that scene from June 21st "People who've only used magic to heal from a distance..." and is actually a jab at Harumin, and while it's not the whole reason, it ends up being one of the reasons it propelled her to be the one to visit Matsuri instead of leaving it to Yuzu and sitting on the sidelines as usual.

In other words, the first time Harumin has decided of her own will to get involved in something 'troublesome and Matsuri related'.

It reminds me of vol 4 of Citrus, where the most important dialogue of the volume was inverted. And not just a bubble with a different nuance, the entire thing is the opposite of the official translation, making Mei seem to act at random. I'm still not sure about buying Citrus+, and this horrible translation surely doesn't help. I wonder how many other things they got wrong.

Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

I think the person who suggested that this is the author rushing through the plot points they had planned is spot on. I think they had this beautiful mental image of a slow burn arc where Uta goes to college and has somebody crush on her while Kaoru sorts her life out while taking strength from Uta's love, and they were told to just finish it because readers are losing interest and this is the author just going "oh goddammit fuck fuck fine here's what it was going to be whatevs i'm done"

Nah, if you get axed 30 chapters in, they give you a couple of chapters to wrap the story up. Let's say she got two, ch36 and ch37, for a total of 59 pages. She just wrote ch35, where Kaoru talks with Risako, learns the truth about her husband and ends up in tears.

So, how she starts her remaining two chapters? 13 pages to get from point A to point B, with 22% of the remaining pages wasted instead of being used more meaningfully. No way. If she just wanted Kaoru talk with Uta she could have continued from ch35 and made Kaoru go to Uta in tears, saying that she had nowhere else to go. Two panels instead of 13 pages, with the rest for more important stuff. Not the best, but better than this.

If she put those 13 pages it's because they are more important than the content of this chapter. Why? Simple, reread the last chapter and you'll see that that is the ending. The story of Uta's unrequited love ended last chapter with Uta saying that she'll keep her unrequited love, and it's now up to Kaoru. This chapter is just the aftermath.

Rinas
Yuru Oyako discussion 20 Oct 14:56
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

I hope there is a Sugar Momma 4. Every chapter that skirt is a bit more open second page is really wholesome.

Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

I see, the title is 'My Unrequited Love', so it ended when it stopped being unrequited. It's not about them getting together, or how they passed from unrequited love to having a relationship. It's like a slice of life that instead of being wholesome it has drama. Reading unrequited love is probably the payoff in and of itself. Probably only for tMnR.

Rinas
Citrus + discussion 20 Oct 13:49
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

Honestly Harumi had more chemistry with Himeko than Matzuri. If only Hime didn't fade away...

And I say this even if I'd ship Harumi with the sister. I mean, they'd even have the grandma that helps them avoid drama. What do you want more?

Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

Too bad. I'd have loved to see them bonding instead of ending the manga at the start of their relationship.

Rinas
Yuru Oyako discussion 01 Oct 14:32
Bubbles
joined Oct 1, 2020

It wouldn't be so cute without the tsundere mum, tho.