Forum › Citrus + discussion

Yoruichi-cat-form
joined Mar 21, 2021

Occam’s Razor
Take it as you wish yet logic or simplest explanation are not really terms which can be applied to Citrus. I have never heard of 2 people who love each other to be able to sleep in the same bed for 1-2 years without some physicality happening.

In fact in ch 4-13 while going to bed Yuzu was saying “be quiet my heart Mei will hear” “I want to touch her hair her skin even with just my fingertips” and on slide 14-15 she was literally on top of Mei grinning. Fast forward to today and Sabu is trying to rationalize romance (which is a fallacy because there either is or isnt) by saying “before marriage there is dating and we’ve only just started" "I should properly go through the steps from the beginning" whereas a much more down to earth Matsuri responds "but she's already proposed to you , so why now..." Go ahead and find Occam's Razor in that. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_june_2nd#17

last edited at Oct 30, 2021 3:13PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Occam’s Razor
Take it as you wish yet logic or simplest explanation are not really terms which can be applied to Citrus. I have never heard of 2 people who love each other to be able to sleep in the same bed for 1-2 years without some physicality happening.

In fact in ch 4-13 Yuzu while going to bed was saying “be quiet my heart Mei will hear” “I want to touch her hair her skin even with just my fingertips” and on slide 14-15 she was literally on top of Mei grinning. Fast forward to today and Sabu is trying to rationalize romance (which is a fallacy because there either is or isnt) by saying “before marriage there is dating and we’ve only just started" "I should properly go through the steps from the beginning" whereas a much more down to earth Matsuri responds "but she's already proposed to you , so why now..." Go ahead and find Occam's Razor in that.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_june_2nd#17

You’ve done a good job of pointing out Saburouta’s deficiencies as a long-term serial storyteller. From my point of view, she’s basically rebooted Mei’s character several different times, and while I can speculate about her reasons for doing so, it would only be speculation without any real evidence.

The fact that she’s had characters (mostly Matsuri, but also others) point out the counter-intuitive developments shows that the author is aware of them, but I suspect she believes that Hanging a Lampshade on such problems makes them simply go away.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LampshadeHanging

As with some other series with intriguing premises but muddled writing and plotting, readers have made a cottage industry of patching the logical and narrative gaps in the story and characterizations with complex theories and headcanon.

It’s even possible that Citrus might have been a more interesting series, and one with more consistent characterizations, if Mei had been conceived of as victim of sexual abuse from the beginning and that idea developed throughout, or if Mei had actually been engaging in sexual liaisons behind Yuzu’s back. There’s simply no convincing evidence in the text itself that either of those things is the case.

Yoruichi-cat-form
joined Mar 21, 2021

rebooted Mei’s character, healing of a broken character

I am wondering if you even comprehend the value of your suggestion and how an utterly outstanding script your idea of healing a broken Mei truly is/would have been for citrus. In fact that's what Citrus truly is suppose to be. Its about love and redemption, a story of discovery where Mei represents the broken individual, full of insecurities, depression, emotional pain who has been betrayed and abused and discarded by the grandfather and her parents and Yuzu is her angel and the only one capable of healing her. However, the story needs to be consistent, the characters need to develop and express their feelings and verbalize their problems to each other so they know and we know (that they know)
what the problems are and end up healing each other through love and passion/compassion. I cant imagine Yuri without passion by-the-way. Certain things need to be said. We need more than just romance which sadly even that is lacking at the moment. Perhaps I can introduce a story from a very special writer The Broken - ENTER, THE HEALER https://archiveofourown.org/works/27238189
And by the way the last episode Citrus +: August 14th it was nerve wracking and cringe no not frustrating but pure madness. Now Mei locks herself in the room and stares at the wall? Saburouta please let Mei go to a mental hospital, and let Yuzu be with anyone else. Anyone else on the face of the planet would be better than Mei. Let her go, pls. Enough with this madness!

last edited at Nov 1, 2021 6:54PM

joined Oct 10, 2021

When will this have another episode? Guys I wanna share something with ya'll. I found a writer from Webnovel App. She kind of write her own continuation of citrus. All the scenes we all wait for is there.. They were college students and living together already. Thought you guys wanna check it out. Its worth the read. The writer is good. Same title. Citrus. Download the app from apps store. Webnovel. Youll find it there. Free.

Well I have some good news there will be a new chapter this month.

joined Sep 17, 2021

I'm waitinggggggg. I'm miss them so much :((

+Chapter 23 is out in English.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Now that a lot of people already read it, I'll just comment on two things that are "spoiler" but really nothing much to spoil

I hate to say this, but Chapter 23 (August 21.1) is the most annoying and the worst chapter I have ever read. 80% of the chapter was Matsuri, Nene, and the manager driving around aimlessly. The worst part is Nene's rambling while in the car again.
I knew it all along what Yuzu wants to do. Once that board meeting was finished, I pretty much gather there are only 2 directions that she will take.
1. Teacher Possibly taking over when Mineko retires. She is one of two teachers attends the wedding. 2. School nurse.
Frankly I cannot imagine she works for any place else other than her Alma Mater.

Also frankly the entire chapter may as well shorten to 1 page or less, since the only important material was conveyed for what Yuzu declaring her career choice.

If it's spoiler than tag it as much. My god, just because you think it's not really much to spoil than it's not spoiling

Now that a lot of people already read it, I'll just comment on two things that are "spoiler" but really nothing much to spoil

I hate to say this, but Chapter 23 (August 21.1) is the most annoying and the worst chapter I have ever read. 80% of the chapter was Matsuri, Nene, and the manager driving around aimlessly. The worst part is Nene's rambling while in the car again.
I knew it all along what Yuzu wants to do. Once that board meeting was finished, I pretty much gather there are only 2 directions that she will take.
1. Teacher Possibly taking over when Mineko retires. She is one of two teachers attends the wedding. 2. School nurse.
Frankly I cannot imagine she works for any place else other than her Alma Mater.

Also frankly the entire chapter may as well shorten to 1 page or less, since the only important material was conveyed for what Yuzu declaring her career choice.

Maybe I shouldn't shared the link if someone is just going to spoiler the hole thing.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ It's not your fault Shawn, it's entirely on thomasina.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^
Yeah, I screwed up. I still do not know how to blacken the text, so thank you folks. I guess assuming everyone has already read it from chaosteam, does not mean there are no more reader still has yet to read it.
I did try to make more of a comment than a spoiler, or how I feel.

Spoiler bars are made by putting two equals signs before and two after the spoiler material.

spoiler sentence

If you hit “quote” for this post (or any post with spoilers) you’ll see how the marks work.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^
Yeah, I screwed up. I still do not know how to blacken the text, so thank you folks. I guess assuming everyone has already read it from chaosteam, does not mean there are no more reader still has yet to read it.
I did try to make more of a comment than a spoiler, or how I feel.

Spoiler bars are made by putting two equals signs before and two after the spoiler material.

spoiler sentence

If you hit “quote” for this post (or any post with spoilers) you’ll see how the marks work.

Thanks you save my day

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

"Well I am your older sister! Plus I'm your girlfriend, and right now, your newlywed bride!"

...r/brandnewsentence

Don't forget the "Bath, Dinner, and a-ta-shi." and Mei still does not get it.

last edited at Nov 21, 2021 8:05AM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

As usual, Harumin in casual clothes is an absolute dish :0

last edited at Nov 21, 2021 3:16PM

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

This was nice. A little short and not much happened, but we tend to get these “in-between” chapters once and awhile. Plus, it is basically what C+ was originally marketed as: slice-of-life focusing on other characters.

Harumin’s looking like a whole snack as always, the Matsuri & Nene interactions were amusing as ever, and it was nice to see Yuzu finally state definitively what she wants to do for a career. I always assumed she’d go into fashion design or something along those lines, but I guess that would’ve been too obvious.

Looks like next time we’ll get a new Harumin arc. Or maybe she’s just gonna walk in on Mitsuko and Maruta doing the do xD

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nene confirmed to be completely insane... :D

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I liked this chapter.
I've been wanting to see more of the other characters (yes, even Nene's idiotic rambling lol). Hopefully this means we'll get a Harumin chapter next, cause Harumin is the best <3
(I wonder if adding a heart is too much....)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nene confirmed to be completely insane... :D

Nene is by far the most one-note character in this series, but I believe her real thematic purpose goes much deeper and is much more important than it might first appear--Nene is a stand-in, an allegorical figure as it were, for the Citrus audience as whole.

To feature Nene's delusional delirium in a chapter that, for example, could have included an actual scene of what purports to be the main protagonist making a crucial life decision is the author's way of demonstrating that fundamentally we're all just like Nene, because:

Saburouta is never, ever going to give her or us what we want.

We can wish for it, we can hope for it--we can even write fanfiction about it, just like Nene's Haruyuzu Observation File.

But we're never getting it.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I cant help but agree with @Thomasina
This chapter was cute and all, but sometimes I forget how slow paced Citrus really is.

Hope we can atleast see Harumin’s nee-chan next month.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Oh I’m sure we will. Saburouta’s just going to wait until she’s on her death bed to finally give it to us.

It’ll be the equivalent of “The Castle of aaauuuggghh…” from Monty Python and the Holy Grail xD

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh I’m sure we will. Saburouta’s just going to wait until she’s on her death bed to finally give it to us.

It’ll be the equivalent of “The Castle of aaauuuggghh…” from Monty Python and the Holy Grail xD

Let us then continue to hope . . .

joined Jan 14, 2020

I assume Nene's there to make fun of HaruYuzu shippers in the audience.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I assume Nene's there to make fun of HaruYuzu shippers in the audience.

Ya think? Just because she’s an idiot who has done nothing but ship Harumin and Yuzu for dozens and dozens of chapters?

last edited at Nov 21, 2021 5:52PM

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

I’ve come too far in this series to lose hope now. Maybe, like all the best things in life, it’ll happen when we least expect it.

(All jokes aside, I may be a diehard advocate for this series and its many divisive plot points, but even I’m starting to feel enough waiting is enough. Especially after how the last arc ended)

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I’ve come too far in this series to lose hope now. Maybe, like all the best things in life, it’ll happen when we least expect it.

(All jokes aside, I may be a diehard advocate for this series and its many divisive plot points, but even I’m starting to feel enough waiting is enough. Especially after how the last arc ended)

Yuzu and Mei getting to a point where they act like a normal, functioning couple would be enough for me TBH. A few chapters of them being happy and in love is all I really ask for. Show me they can actually enjoy each other's company and I'll be a very happy girl.

last edited at Nov 21, 2021 6:33PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.