Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

Kazami%20yuuka3
joined Aug 6, 2017

Miko continues the curse of the childhood friend never winning.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

ah cute caring friends with one sided feelings are the best... I wish thier feelings were reciprocated though <3

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Ah how sweet, they're total buddies now (:

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ah how sweet, they're total buddies now (:

new ship confirmed
waiting for the fanarts

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Maybe they can find a cure to change back Hinako’s blood? Not that she wants that of course

joined Dec 17, 2021

I'm not sure if this means Hinako is enjoying being alive more now that Miko will have someone to be with after she's dead, or it means she has more reason to be ok with dying since she doesn't have to worry about Miko being alone.

joined May 29, 2021

Miko continues the curse of the childhood friend never winning.

well to be fair
you cant win a race you were never in
well no you totally can but that's not the point
Mikos more concerned about "protecting" rather than "I like her romantically" I feel
but then again
opinions are opinions, and they could very well be wrong
I shall await the ever approaching moment I'm proved wrong and miko confesses but is turned down in favor of ms. sashimi(I cannot remember her name right now)

joined Jul 8, 2019

I see two says this series can end. One involves things that are forbidden in Japan. That worries me.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

So Hinako is shipping the monsters like Kobayashi ships Tohru and Elma.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Love it, just can't get enough of these three. Both monsters claim they have the upper hand and seem convinced they can dispatch the other once the time comes. They're very open about exploiting each other for their own ends.
Miko isn't presented as being in a winning position, so I wonder what we'll end up with. Will Shiori eat Hinako when Miko's not there, only to be then killed by Miko in turn (and either killing her in the process, Miko dying of grief/suicide after or getting depressed)? Will there appear some yet unavailable resolution (e.g. Shiori realizing the error of her ways, as unlikely as that seems right now) where everyone gets to live happily ever after? I could honestly see it going both ways and I'd also enjoy either route, if executed as well as the story so far.

I wonder about this slightly ambiguous phrasing here. Is it about there being "lots of other people who love her besides Hinako", or is it "*unlike* Hinako, she has lots of other people who love her"? Is it both? Does the JP version also have that delicious ambiguity?

I'm curious to see what we'll eventually end up with.

I see two says this series can end. One involves things that are forbidden in Japan. That worries me.

??

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 9:40PM

joined May 1, 2015

Cracked ending, Fox and Fish girl eat the human and then yuri ensues. The end.
Honestly that would be pretty f ed up.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Cracked ending, Fox and Fish girl eat the human and then yuri ensues. The end.
Honestly that would be pretty f ed up.

Why wait with the Yuri until after eating the human? They could also make eating the human into a yuri + guro experience, while we're already on fucked up endings :D

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

BRROOO!!! I just want to know her agenda!

joined Jul 26, 2016

BRROOO!!! I just want to know her agenda!

...whose? Because so far all three main characters have been pretty unequivocal regarding what they're about...

Eulamber%20croppedd
joined Oct 2, 2017

Knowing Hinako and Miko won’t get together in the end breaks my gay little heart.

oof same

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I've got a crazy theory. The real Hinako was actually possessed by a monster in the accident. The monster needs to eat other monsters, so it makes her blood irresistible to them, to lure them in Maybe when she is attacked it triggers the monster to come out and turn the predator into the prey. And when that happens Hinako will totally disappear leaving only the monster.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I've got a crazy theory. The real Hinako was actually possessed by a monster in the accident. The monster needs to eat other monsters, so it makes her blood irresistible to them, to lure them in

Well it's been fasting pretty religiously for like a decade, then.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I've got a crazy theory. The real Hinako was actually possessed by a monster in the accident. The monster needs to eat other monsters, so it makes her blood irresistible to them, to lure them in

That's why Hinako's blood is getting more and more enticing. The monster inside her is getting more and more desperate . In protecting Hinako, fox girl is starving the monster inside her.

joined Jan 14, 2020

That's why Hinako's blood is getting more and more enticing. The monster inside her is getting more and more desperate . In protecting Hinako, fox girl is starving the monster inside her.

Lol! Definitely an amusing theory.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Is it explained somewhere why Shiori wants Hinako to specifically be happy? Not just alive, but also happy?

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Is it explained somewhere why Shiori wants Hinako to specifically be happy? Not just alive, but also happy?

Because apparently she would be more delicious to eat. Kind like the term a "happy pig/chicken is a delicious rib/chicken nugget" or something like that.
She's is kinda implied in the second chapter as why.

last edited at Jan 11, 2022 5:31AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm not sure if this means Hinako is enjoying being alive more now that Miko will have someone to be with after she's dead, or it means she has more reason to be ok with dying since she doesn't have to worry about Miko being alone.

Pretty sure it's the latter, and this only makes Shiori's job of making her enjoy her life harder.

It's interesting, though, that her smell has been increasing even as her death wish has been making it worse. Are these two sides entirely unrelated, or would it disappear if she ever truly feels like living again, thereby also removing the reason Shiori wants to eat her?

Because apparently she would be more delicious to eat. Kind like the term a "happy pig/chicken is a delicious rib/chicken nugget" or something like that.
She's is kinda implied in the second chapter as why.

She explains it even more in chapter 5.

last edited at Jan 11, 2022 6:37AM

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

idk about them being friend after Shiori eat you,Hinako

i'm curious about Shiori more now,idk why

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

What forbidden thing?

joined Sep 1, 2017

It's interesting, though, that her smell has been increasing even as her death wish has been making it worse. Are these two sides entirely unrelated, or would it disappear if she ever truly feels like living again, thereby also removing the reason Shiori wants to eat her?

If Hinako's enticing blood was just the result of suicidal depression, I would think a monster would recognize that, and realize giving Hinako a reaason to live, would spoil the meal. Unless you're suggesting, Shiori's ultimate motive is actually something other than eating Hinako.

To reply you must either login or sign up.