Forum › Anemone is in Heat discussion

joined Jun 21, 2021

Down bad for a physical copy, I'd love to own this on my shelf

This is definitely the series I’m currently most hoping to get picked up by an English publisher

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Just gonna go against the grain here and say that:
a) I hate this side "couple" and
b) the nurse saying "hurry up and graduate" made me wanna puke. It's almost no different from when people used to have countdowns for when some famous underage girl was gonna turn 18 in the 90s (eg Emma Watson). Yuck.

Shit like this creeps me out and then the comments calling it 'cute' creep me out even more. Y'all give way too much of a pass to things just cause it's two female characters instead of a grown man and an underage girl (which brings up another problem: fetishization of lesbian relationships, treating them all as inherently 'pure' and so on).

I'm glad this is being kept mostly to extra chapters instead of the main story or I would instantly drop this.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Shit like this creeps me out and then the comments calling it 'cute' creep me out even more. Y'all give way too much of a pass to things just cause it's two female characters instead of a grown man and an underage girl (which brings up another problem: fetishization of lesbian relationships, treating them all as inherently 'pure' and so on).

Not at all, and it would make no difference at least for me if it was a straight couple. What makes this better than not just the creepy fans you mentioned but also most similar age gap pairings is that it's solely the younger one doing the pursuing, and the older one is doing all she can to pretend not to be interested as long as it would bring them legal trouble. It's not even about the younger girl being underage - which I'm not even sure she is at this point - it's her job that's causing more problems here, otherwise there might be nothing actually stopping them in this case.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

b) the nurse saying "hurry up and graduate" made me wanna puke. It's almost no different from when people used to have countdowns for when some famous underage girl was gonna turn 18 in the 90s (eg Emma Watson). Yuck.

I'm glad this is being kept mostly to extra chapters instead of the main story or I would instantly drop this.

This argument assumes that all age-gap romances are inherently bad and exploitative. I've known more than a few such relationships in real life, cutting all different directions--younger man/older woman het, gay male, lesbian, etc., many of which have worked out long term to the satisfaction of both parties (and some that didn't, like other relationships). (Note: I'm not talking about student-teacher relationships below the graduate-school level here.)

And in this particular case, it's not even clear that the nurse is saying, "Hurry up and graduate so we can be together." Granting for the sake of argument that she is attracted to the student, she could mean, "Hurry up and get on with your life away from here so I won't be tempted into something inappropriate." Whatever she feels, she hasn't done anything wrong.

So be creeped out all that your heart desires, but don't assume that you're voicing a universally applicable moral judgement.

joined Jan 14, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch12_5#13

Blush and shoujo flowers. Seems strongly indicative of attraction, unless it's undermined by flower symbolism. Anyone know the flowers on this and the previous page, and what they might 'mean'?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch12_5#13

Blush and shoujo flowers. Seems strongly indicative of attraction, unless it's undermined by flower symbolism. Anyone know the flowers on this and the previous page, and what they might 'mean'?

Meaning aside, considering the earlier conversation about flowers here, they're likely used as signature flowers for these two characters similarly to the ones mentioned earlier for the main couple.

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

awesome, can't wait for the closing chapter

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

I sense a masterpiece

And the artstyle is <3333 top gold

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

One day turnaround on a yuri misunderstanding is fast! Also some pretty cute pouts in this chapter!

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

I know it may sound bad... But why are woman so complicated :v?

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

god these two are so cute even when fighting, also it seems like Nagisa has found herself a goal to study for, not that she needed it before but it's really starting to look like this girl is going to become a doctor solely for the girl she's in love with. Not a bad way to go about it

joined Jun 21, 2021

That cover art is so funny for this chapter lol, everyone’s comedic faces in this series are so funny.

Seeing the medical school book at the end is so huge…like god damn these two need to take a minute to have a real conversation and get everything out there.

Also since the beach trip is coming up I finally have a chance to say something I’ve been thinking about for a long time but…well Nagisa is um, well endowed lol. To the point where I’m surprised nobody has mentioned it in the series yet(I’m mostly surprised Mashiros simp ass hasn’t mentioned it yet especially back at like the sleepover) but if we’re going to the beach this might finally be an appropriate time for Mashiro to comment on it or notice

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Damn she gonna go for a medical school so she can treat her? zamn simp chad

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Damn what a good girlfriend

last edited at Dec 26, 2021 10:18PM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I have no idea why that argument escalated so fast lol. They just were not listening to each other. That's important, kids!!

It de-escalated just as fast tho. Her wanting to go to med school is super sweet, too

last edited at Dec 26, 2021 10:27PM

joined Apr 20, 2021

I have no idea why that argument escalated so fast lol. They just were not listening to each other. That's important, kids!!

It de-escalated just as fast tho. Her wanting to go to med school is super sweet, too

From the start it is said that Mashiro hates the fact that she is ill and that prevents her from having "normal" type of fun. Like PE class etc. She is also shown very happy when she is able to.

So she got angry at Nagisa being over protective on top of feeling as if Nagisa doesn't want to spend time with her. That is how I understood this.

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

This is just so fluffy and good.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Wholesome...

6631e8220bec2737023f64d8a2b36b99
joined Jul 20, 2020

I'm glad they made up. See you all next year; Time to drink up the champagne, sing Auld Lang Syne and re-read this manga!

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

The quick turnaround on the fight is about what I expected, but I'm still waiting on Mashiro to get it through her head that Nagisa's "like" is romantic too, lol. I feel like it's gonna happen during the summer, but until then I'm kinda expecting there to be occasional chapters like this one where there's conflict that resolves quickly, but overall is symptomatic of the communication disconnect.

Regardless of all that, the wait time between chapters is physically painful. I look forward to future updates, but man do I wish new chapters came out more than once a month xD

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 12:20AM

joined Feb 1, 2021

Even their tiffs are wholesome!

Biggest surprise of this chapter was seeing a manga school nurse actually caring what goes on in the nurse's office. That's rare.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Awww that is so sweet. I hope it's nothing serious like in some anime where the girl dies.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Also I gotta say, when Nagisa got really close to Mashiro I absolutely thought she was gonna kiss her (cause she thinks their romantic likes are mutual. I hope.)

I hope that eventually happens =w= and it's just like "wait you didn't think we were going out?"

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This argument assumes that all age-gap romances are inherently bad and exploitative. I've known more than a few such relationships in real life, cutting all different directions--younger man/older woman het, gay male, lesbian, etc., many of which have worked out long term to the satisfaction of both parties (and some that didn't, like other relationships). (Note: I'm not talking about student-teacher relationships below the graduate-school level here.)

And in this particular case, it's not even clear that the nurse is saying, "Hurry up and graduate so we can be together." Granting for the sake of argument that she is attracted to the student, she could mean, "Hurry up and get on with your life away from here so I won't be tempted into something inappropriate." Whatever she feels, she hasn't done anything wrong.

So be creeped out all that your heart desires, but don't assume that you're voicing a universally applicable moral judgement.

Just for the record, I have been for 25 years married to a woman 15 years older than me. Dating her was the best decision I ever made. Before that, for a couple of years I dated a girl 8 years younger than me. I don't keep in contact with her much, but it's very friendly when we do because we had a good time when we were together and frankly I had a very positive impact on her life; we were good friends for years after we split up. For that matter, she had a good impact on my life--helped me loosen up a bit.
Mind you, in neither case was anyone in a position of authority over anyone.

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 3:22AM

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

everytime theres a new chapter for this my day just gets better

To reply you must either login or sign up.