Forum › The Moon on a Rainy Night discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Get a room, you two! Wait, they already have a room—with a piano . . .

A soundproof room where they can do whatever they want without any fear of someone hearing them.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Credits page is just chef's kiss

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Given 3.5, I feel like there needs to be a discussion about having a wider circle of friends and a support network that consists of more than just one person, regardless of how much you like them. Fortunately, I don't think Saki's going to leave it at that.

Wbb-polar%20(3)
joined Dec 12, 2021

omg kuzushiro again ;-;

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

between that hug, and that declaration, im hoping this is gonna turn into something more than subtext

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

last panel sounded like a confession!
smooth af kanon

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i can't belive this is subtext XD

it's really cute :D

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Get a room, you two! Wait, they already have a room—with a piano . . .

A soundproof room where they can do whatever they want without any fear of someone hearing them.

PERFECT

joined Oct 14, 2020

I might be misinterpreting this but I feel a bit confused about the fact that Kanon is scared of overcentralizing and becoming overly dependent on Saki yet she doesn't want to extend her hand of friendship because she has Saki...who she is scared to push away by demanding too much of her.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I might be misinterpreting this but I feel a bit confused about the fact that Kanon is scared of overcentralizing and becoming overly dependent on Saki yet she doesn't want to extend her hand of friendship because she has Saki...who she is scared to push away by demanding too much of her.

I think the hug at the end of chapter 3.5 represents Kanon accepting Saki taking care of her. So I don't think there is a conflict there. Kanon accepts Saki but still has a wall up against everybody else.

last edited at Dec 16, 2021 3:20AM

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

between that hug, and that declaration, im hoping this is gonna turn into something more than subtext

Don't need Yuri goggles for this one, love it.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Jesus, she the biggest gay.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nooooooooo my joke that this isn't subtext but actually subsigns won't work anymore because it's actually yuri now!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

wow this girl is GAY gay huh, very looking forward to seeing how this will go from here now. Because oh my god how hard can one girl fall for another girl, well this story proposes, very incredibly hard. haha

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016

Subtext: haha i'm in danger

last edited at Jan 16, 2022 10:30AM

joined Jun 21, 2021

So can we officially add the Yuri tag for this series? Seems pretty fitting now lol.

Really interesting chapter though, and kinda re-contextualizes the first chapter for me. She really had the hots for teacher, and sees some sort of resemblance to her in Kanon. Wonder how long we’re gonna let these emotions simmer

Kozakuramin%20copy%20(phone)
joined Jul 6, 2018

Whoa whoa it ain't no subtext anymore

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

And this is the chapter where you can clearly see her heart brakes...

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

When you feel the weight of heteronormativity while your friend/crush teaches you that the japanese sign language symbol for marriage involves a man and woman together, and start second guessing your relationship with said friend/crush because you realize it’ll turn out bad, just like your previous crush on your piano teacher who got married.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Whoa whoa it ain't no subtext anymore

It never was, from the start it was made obvious that Saki had a thing for her former Piano instructor.

joined Aug 9, 2021

Since the first chapters, I have enjoyed the story. I really rely on it and I like the slow burn it's so beautiful and comfortable.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

So can we officially add the Yuri tag for this series? Seems pretty fitting now lol.

Really interesting chapter though, and kinda re-contextualizes the first chapter for me. She really had the hots for teacher, and sees some sort of resemblance to her in Kanon. Wonder how long we’re gonna let these emotions simmer

It had been a long time since I read the first chapter, but going back to it now, Saki was barely concealing her gayness from the start. Wouldn't be surprised if her mom suspected, lol. I'm glad to have a new non-subtext yuri series from Kuzushiro.

joined Sep 7, 2021

Someone explain to me why something with a character who is so obviously gay is called only "subtext." Is it because her attractions are unrequited.. Is it because we don't know if she knows about her attractions? Is it because they don't openly interact with eachother in such a way that suggests attraction.. I have seen this a few times and I am curious as to why. I thought subtext was for things that are ambiguous.. is it because one of the characters are ambiguous..
Admittedly I have only read one chapter so perhaps reading more would help provide context.

Yes_pfp
joined Oct 30, 2021

I hope this gets gayer than it already is. And yeah, if only marriage could be like that, Saki.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

It had been a long time since I read the first chapter, but going back to it now, Saki was barely concealing her gayness from the start. Wouldn't be surprised if her mom suspected, lol. I'm glad to have a new non-subtext yuri series from Kuzushiro.

I thought it seemed pretty obvious that Saki was gay but I haven’t read any of Kukuzhiro’s other works so I didn’t know if this was just gonna end up like tropical fish with endless baiting.

Rereading chapter 1 it seems heavily implied that Saki’s mom knows she’s gay, or at least suspects it with the way she said “but you were never into piano that much were you?”

To reply you must either login or sign up.