Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I'm mostly here for the Hibiki x Midori. Searching for same, I couldn't help but notice that little Midori is rather big in one area. Hopefully, she can leverage them to pry Hibiki away from Kaoru some day.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hopefully, she can leverage them to pry Hibiki away from Kaoru some day.

...those two stopped being an item several IRL years and I-don't-care-to-count chapters ago tho. (The last chapter they appeared in together, IIRC, just had Kaoru watch from a distance Hibiki engaging in a raucous watergun fight with Midori and the rest of the Manga Club and walk away with an air of satisfication at job well done.) Midori's present-day competition would be the string of no-good boyfriends Hibiki still habitually finds somewhere and shortly breaks up with.

joined Jul 23, 2014

Glasses Yuu

Man, this isn't fair, I lost it with that color panel

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Hopefully, she can leverage them to pry Hibiki away from Kaoru some day.

...those two stopped being an item several IRL years and I-don't-care-to-count chapters ago tho. (The last chapter they appeared in together, IIRC, just had Kaoru watch from a distance Hibiki engaging in a raucous watergun fight with Midori and the rest of the Manga Club and walk away with an air of satisfication at job well done.)

Ah, I remember that. I missed Kaoru's reaction, I guess. Come to think of it, that's probably Midori at her hottest, on balance.

Midori's present-day competition would be the string of no-good boyfriends Hibiki still habitually finds somewhere and shortly breaks up with.

I choose to believe they're there then just to give Midori a feeling of acomplishment. Her wisdom on criticism is on my bulletin board. with a chest as big as her heart and able to sleep in a shoebox, midori will surely learn to draw quite easily, once she gets serious.

last edited at Nov 10, 2021 3:23PM

joined Oct 12, 2021

I have the almost the exact same pair of glasses. Mine just don't have those beady things on the bridge.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

I still have PTSD from Shizuka chapters. I can usually handle cheating stuff but Mio was a mess after that even after they made up. Too much realism.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

saltyslug5561 posted:

I still have PTSD from Shizuka chapters. I can usually handle cheating stuff but Mio was a mess after that even after they made up. Too much realism.

We have another mini to release and then 30 pages of Mio and Shizuka. Get ready.

joined Oct 2, 2021

saltyslug5561 posted:

We have another mini to release and then 30 pages of Mio and Shizuka. Get ready.

AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

With great yaoi power comes great responsibility

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

RIP Shohei, you'll be forgotten

I don't know if to be happy or sad about that

joined Jun 3, 2014

Shohei is lost in Akito's hole

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

YEASSSSSSSS MORE MIO AND SHIZUKA CHAPTERSSSS WOOOOo

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Be afraid, be very afraid.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I had forgotten Midoriri isn't the only one who comes up with crazy mangas

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

I've always wondered looking at the cover, who the hell are these characters supposed to be? I can imagine blonde girl is maybe Chie, but I have no clue on the other two

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 10:03AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Definitely Ai and Chie on the sides. Middle must be Mahi Mahi? Doesn't show up in the first four chapters or so, whoever they are.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I think they're Airi and Michiru before Kishi realized that this wasn't going to end any time soon and the art style improvement.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Lol, that credits page. They do be bringing the angst.

joined Dec 7, 2017

Late, but I agree. Having been in a complicated bad relationship before that still affects me nearly a decade on, it's extremely hard for me to read those two. They used to be my absolute favorite but Shizuka's handling of the situation seriously bugs me, as well as Kaoru's apparent lack of remorse for how she treated Shizuka (everyone seems to forget that Kaoru was the one who started the mess in the first place, and Kaoru was also the one who provoked and tempted Shizuka before she met Mask). Kaoru's situational amnesia/hypocrisy also really bothers me. A lot of people seem to have totally forgiven/forgotten, so I was like...am I just being irrational? But looking back, Kaoru provokes/tempts Shizuka up until until moment she falls for Mask, and then does this ridiculous 180 and starts acting like a Saint telling Shizuka to move on and focus on Mio despite her (Kaoru) being the one who deliberately messed things up between them to begin with.

Mio deserves better. I get the author wants to add drama but at some point even in fiction enough is enough. I don't believe for an instant Shizuka is actually over Kaoru, and, while this almost NEVER happens to me, I will actually be MAD if she hurts Mio AGAIN after everything because of it. I'm not the type to get mad at fictional characters, mind- usually I'm the one rolling my eyes at people who do. After all, a fictional character only does what the author intends and therefore, all their actions can be considered within the realm of their character. But this thing just hits so close to home, and Shizuka and Kaoru are both toxic in their own ways, and Mio just doesn't deserve to be caught in the middle of it. Even with my toxic experience, I wasn't totally innocent eventually. In reality, a person gets bitter and snaps back. But Mio is just too sweet and forgiving for this (even including the alleged kidnapping). At some point, there's a boundary that shouldn't be crossed even for fictional characters.

I'm always so excited when this manga updates, but yeah. I'm not looking forward to this next chapter. Though I am admittedly curious as to what Mio meant by 'kidnapping' Shizuka (or whatever word she used, I forget).

last edited at Nov 25, 2021 1:14AM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

No wonder Mask prayed for her talent to wither away. She has to deal with this crap on a regular basis.

joined Jul 26, 2016

What HAIRESY is this

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

themajoritylied posted:

Late, but I agree. Having been in a complicated bad relationship before that still affects me nearly a decade on, it's extremely hard for me to read those two. They used to be my absolute favorite but Shizuka's handling of the situation seriously bugs me, as well as Kaoru's apparent lack of remorse for how she treated Shizuka (everyone seems to forget that Kaoru was the one who started the mess in the first place, and Kaoru was also the one who provoked and tempted Shizuka before she met Mask). Kaoru's situational amnesia/hypocrisy also really bothers me. A lot of people seem to have totally forgiven/forgotten, so I was like...am I just being irrational? But looking back, Kaoru provokes/tempts Shizuka up until until moment she falls for Mask, and then does this ridiculous 180 and starts acting like a Saint telling Shizuka to move on and focus on Mio despite her (Kaoru) being the one who deliberately messed things up between them to begin with.

Mio deserves better. I get the author wants to add drama but at some point even in fiction enough is enough. I don't believe for an instant Shizuka is actually over Kaoru, and, while this almost NEVER happens to me, I will actually be MAD if she hurts Mio AGAIN after everything because of it. I'm not the type to get mad at fictional characters, mind- usually I'm the one rolling my eyes at people who do. After all, a fictional character only does what the author intends and therefore, all their actions can be considered within the realm of their character. But this thing just hits so close to home, and Shizuka and Kaoru are both toxic in their own ways, and Mio just doesn't deserve to be caught in the middle of it. Even with my toxic experience, I wasn't totally innocent eventually. In reality, a person gets bitter and snaps back. But Mio is just too sweet and forgiving for this (even including the alleged kidnapping). At some point, there's a boundary that shouldn't be crossed even for fictional characters.

I'm always so excited when this manga updates, but yeah. I'm not looking forward to this next chapter. Though I am admittedly curious as to what Mio meant by 'kidnapping' Shizuka (or whatever word she used, I forget).

I agree with a lot of stuff you say (apart from the fact that I love their chapters), but at the same in most situations you don't really need to move on from your previous toxic relationship. Working so hard to "get over it" is actually the best way to stay engaged with it. Strong feelings don't die easily and it doesn't mean that you can't love and respect someone else. Sure, it would be great if Shizuka were able to understand this before hurting Mio. But this is what actually happens in reality with young maidens in love.
And this is absolutely what I love about this pair. Is so damn realistic.
I know what's happening in the next chapter but I already can't wait for more.

Blue_izumi_hair_glasses
joined Aug 1, 2020

I know what's happening in the next chapter but I already can't wait for more.

This feels like a very ominous statement...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Onibi's evolution is amazing, from the nerd otaku stereotype to a genius passionate artist who is secretly really handsome!

joined Jun 3, 2014

I love Onibi's hair, omg

To reply you must either login or sign up.