Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If you squint your eyes hard enough, you can imagine the protagonists as the ones from Hana ni Arashi and then this gets extra awkward

joined Feb 27, 2021

I think this is where it will start. The girlfriend will start to cheat if Nanase continues to act like this. There's also a chance that she may fall in love with the girl she's cheating with but that would ruin the fun, right? That would be so predictable.

So I'm guessing that the girlfriend will remain in love with Nanase and keep things cool with her, but she will also continue cheating on her with the long-haired one just so she can cover the emptiness she feels when Nanase is forgetting every little yet important thing abt their relationship.

But I honestly think that no matter what happens, she will always choose Nanase. The long-haired girl agreed to be number two, so I guess she's all good with this. Unless the main protag gets her feelings tangled up and becomes confused. She might even leave Nanase for good because the girl is too busy and our protag is not too patient.

joined Feb 27, 2021

And oh, the way Yuni says that those are not her fault makes me think that she will soon realize that she CHOSE this path and these are indeed her fault cuz of how easy it was for Fuuko to manipulate her. I don't know what would trigger that realization, but I suppose Nanase will catch her and will break up with her. Something's gonna wake her up for good.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I don't think anyone (except maybe Fuuko depending on how master manipulator she's being) has done anything wrong from a moral stand point yet. It's really unfair to say a couple closeted high school girls are all not decent people are abusive or whatever yet based on this.

In my opinion, realizing your current relationship isn't working even if it's because of "cheating" by making out once isn't a bad thing. Especially because Yuni wasn't even tempted to cheat until she realized she how unhappy she is. The bad thing is not acting on that unhappiness by continuing to date the first person while cheating on them. If Yuni uses this as a springboard to communicate with her girlfriend or to break up with her, then all of this is just normal growing pains for teenagers in their first relationship. I doubt the manga will go that way because drama, but everyone is still good in my book as of this chapter.

Nanase is clearly more in love with volleyball than her girlfriend and there's a cultural reason she thinks that's okay because Japan's model of success is the "man" works 24/7 to support the family and the "woman" waits patiently at home cooking and cleaning. If she ultimately can't make time for her girlfriend such that they're both happy, they should break up and that's okay.

Yuni just wants to be with her girlfriend. She wants to feel valued and for her girlfriend to be considerate of her feelings by showing her gestures of love and appreciation. Because they have terrible communication, it's possible Nanase honestly doesn't realize how bad it's gotten in which case Yuni needs to learn to communicate her needs honestly. If she can't do that or if Nanase doesn't compromise after being told, they should break up and that's okay.

Fuuko is definitely the creepy one with her stalker tendencies, but if we give her the benefit of the doubt and all she's doing is following Yuni around because she's a lonely baby gay who finally found another LGBT friend, then she really just needs to learn some boundaries which is not unusual for a teenager. If she's been intentionally putting a wedge in by targeting Yuni when she's desperate and planning to interrupt their anniversary then she's more of a scumbag. And she needs to learn not to mess with people. Possibly with therapy if this is about her family problems and less about Fuuko herself just wanting a girlfriend. Even then, while she needs behavior correction, she's just a kid and can hopefully grow from here.

I'm looking forward to the train wreck after this where all of my careful considered character analysis goes right out the window for the draaaama. :D

I wish everyone was as appreciative when it comes to enjoying a good manga story as you are.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I suppose Nanase will catch her and will break up with her.

All the people involved will probably be happier if this happens.

joined Aug 15, 2021

all day on weekend not just 1 msg or a call to your gf ?? then calling at midnight ?? what is she doing all day till midnight ? even profesional athlete didnt training all day like that well it's nanase fault

imagine your gf/wife going out at weekend with someone then didn't saying a word to you all day till midnight calling you just to say good night like they forgot you even exist, the anxiety will be too much.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

all day on weekend not just 1 msg or a call to your gf ?? then calling at midnight ?? what is she doing all day till midnight ? even profesional athlete didnt training all day like that well it's nanase fault

imagine your gf/wife going out at weekend with someone then didn't saying a word to you all day till midnight calling you just to say good night like they forgot you even exist, the anxiety will be too much.

Yeah, I did competitive sports in High School and we never practiced all day long. The MOST we would do on a single day during the season was 4 hours because coaches realize you need to rest. I also dated in high school and I’d never just not contact my S.O. throughout the day. Even just a “hey, on break from practice, hope your day is going well” is a nice message to get. Nanase just straight up dropping the ball here.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

MC Dumb dumb you No deserve Gum gum

People who support stalking homwrecker dumb dumb too, at that age you know that this is awfull behaviour, No Gum gum for you

last edited at Oct 23, 2021 4:22AM

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

You just know the author never spent a single day in the gym... Training all day, volleyball at that? Lmao

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Were they really training all day though...? It was made pretty clear that they went out after practice, and this discussion probably took place at around 16:30, so I think it can be inferred that they practiced in the afternoon and then went out in the evening. And honestly, that was the last straw for me, regarding Nanase: not only does she not contact her, but she also says that she has nothing to do and just goes out with her teammates?! Even setting aside the anniversary, can she not go on a date with her girlfriend, when she already spends this much time with her volleyball team?!

Though, what was that about Yumi waiting for a text from Nanase all night, when they've already said goodnight to each other? That was a bit silly.... Or am I not getting something?

last edited at Oct 23, 2021 4:41PM

joined May 16, 2021

Did they segggs?

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

well it was bound to happen

joined Dec 3, 2017

Though, what was that about Yumi waiting for a text from Nanase all night, when they've already said goodnight to each other? That was a bit silly.... Or am I not getting something?

go to sleep early and dont send a message about it until midnight. some ppl dont stay up all the way to the anniversary date at midnight. i used to sleep early and set an alarm to wake up at midnight to send a bday/anniversary message like that too while the others stayed awake all night.

Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

Fuuko is such a fcking chad for being able to emotionally manipulate Yuni. I can't wait for her to add Nanase to her harem as well the same way that other manga ended

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Fuuko just needs to finish high school, and work for a few years being a policewoman, and after that, open up her own PI firm. She will be a very successful PI because her stalking skills are way off the chart. She explains to Yuni about how she managed to take that photo of Yuni and Nanase, as if it is a piece of cake. I am sure she can be filthy rich simply being paid to spy on a cheating spouse, take photos, etc.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Npw, if Fuuko is #2 in the family and #1 is the family dog, then that is a real problem. ...

joined Oct 25, 2021

It's hard getting cheated on. I experienced it but I love reading manga that has cheating on it...

joined Feb 18, 2015

It said in the previous chapter here:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_girlfriends_not_here_today_ch04#8

that every month on their anniversary day, Nanase would send her a message on "Rine" at midnight. That's why she was waiting for a message from her all night.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

It said in the previous chapter here:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_girlfriends_not_here_today_ch04#8

that every month on their anniversary day, Nanase would send her a message on "Rine" at midnight. That's why she was waiting for a message from her all night.

Oh, that's fair then.
I was thinking that Nanase could just message her the next morning, so I was confused about why she had been waiting like that lol
But I guess it makes sense since it was something that they always did, I had forgotten about that.

Uohh
joined Mar 19, 2014

Nanase is kind of an airhead, but doesn't mean any harm. Yuni, on the other hand, is a giant pain in the ass. I'm only rooting for Fuuko out of morbid curiosity over how far she can (or plans to) go.

joined Jan 3, 2020

It's a complicated situation. I think Nanase and Yuni should break up because they want very different things from a relationship right now. Nanase wants a girlfriend who can stay out of her way and is okay with playing second to the many things reality throws at high schoolers. Yuni is after a girlfriend who is her entire world and vice versa.

Fuuko is... something else. Maybe her intervention is actually helpful in the long run because Nanase and Yuni's relationship does seem like it's going to fall apart at some point. I still can't approve of her methods though. Cheating is wrong (unless they're cheating on a guy because my bias for Yuri is strong enough to bend my morality).

joined Apr 8, 2021

Reading this thread, it's gross how many people think cheating is okay if your partner 'deserves' it. Why can't people just break up if a relationship isn't working for them?

slowwovensleeper
Untitled%20(5)
joined Jun 20, 2018

wow i cant believe teenagers are being emotionally stupid with each other

joined Jul 13, 2021

Reading this thread, it's gross how many people think cheating is okay if your partner 'deserves' it. Why can't people just break up if a relationship isn't working for them?

I agree.

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

i like fuuko, i think i have a thing for creepy girls LOL

Creepy girls ftw, Fuuko is amazing, can't wait for new chapter.

Also that guy with the cap in chapter 4 looks so much like jim81jim/metokur, probably how he seduced Jade hahahaha

To reply you must either login or sign up.