Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

That line about countless stars and being number two is so smooth wtf

You just know she practiced it dozens of times like she practiced the line "it is my first time". Girl knows her hussle, lets be real.

I have a few questions though. What I want to know is WTF is a sixth month anniversary? Is Yuni just subconsciously sabotaging their own relationship with ridiculous expectations? Why is Nanase such a tool?

Also why am I siding with the black-mailing manic pixie dream girl who want to be the side piece.

a 6 month anniversary is a milestone for many people, it surely is for me, but me, I'd ask ,like "yo, 6 months, what we gonna do babe?" or something xD less smooth ofc

joined Sep 11, 2019

This reminds me of the NTR stories where one person has communication issues with their significant other (or prospective partner, if they're not an item) and the other person ends up getting with someone else instead.

I guess this is a positive of reading/watching so much NTR even though it's hated, to know the (sometimes exaggerated) consequences of not communicating with your partner(-to-be if not hooked)

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Oh my god, I love this.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Yuni is a real piece of work, claiming she's not to blame for any of this. Wouldn't it be a beautiful irony if both Nanase and Fuuko ended up getting together and booting Yuni? It's not gonna happen, of course, but it would be so cool if it did.

Somehow, the only one I feel any sympathy for is Fuuko. Don't get me wrong, she's as messed up as Yuni, but it looks like she's desperate for love because she's neglected by her family. If nothing else, there's a deeper reasoning behind her actions, while Yuni's a jerk just because....

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 9:42PM

joined Apr 27, 2014

Yuni is a real piece of work, claiming she's not to blame for any of this. Wouldn't it be a beautiful irony if both Nanase and Fuuko ended up getting together and booting Yuni? It's not gonna happen, of course, but it would be so cool if it did.

Somehow, the only one I feel any sympathy for is Fuuko. Don't get me wrong, she's as messed up as Yuni, but it looks like she's desperate for love because she's neglected by her family. If nothing else, there's a deeper reasoning behind her actions, while Yuni's a jerk just because....

But can we say the way Nanase treats her is alright? Of course, she could break up, but Nanase senpai isn't really doing her part, from where I stand.

Out of them all, I like Fuuko best tho.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

But can we say the way Nanase treats her is alright?

The three of them are to blame to some extent, of course. The problem is Yuni's not admitting her part in all this. She says "it's all Nanasa and Fuuko's fault, not mine." And that's bullshit.

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 9:57PM

joined Jan 11, 2018

This is certainly more well written than that clusterfuck that is Liberty.

joined May 29, 2021

and finally... the cheating tag has came.

Good phrasing.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, yes, but . . . that statement has a ways to go to count as “praise.”

(I think this is . . .not half-bad. Liberty could be four times better than it is now, and still fail to reach “not half-bad.”)

joined Jan 11, 2014

I love the way the story has gone so far. What an exciting turning point! I got so hyped when I saw the cheating tag finally being used.

I like that the main character CHOSE to cheat and she’s immediately punished for that by missing the phone call from her girlfriend, which is also one of the first instances the girlfriend proactively initiated a conversation that could have solved the main character’s worries. It gives you the sense that the two might have worked out had the main character not chosen to cheat, and tried to communicate better.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

It gives you the sense that the two might have worked out had the main character not chosen to cheat, and tried to communicate better.

I'm skeptical they could. They seem to have different and conflicting expectations from a relationship at this point.

joined Apr 27, 2014

But can we say the way Nanase treats her is alright?

The three of them are to blame to some extent, of course. The problem is Yuni's not admitting her part in all this. She says "it's all Nanasa and Fuuko's fault, not mine." And that's bullshit.

On that, we agree "none of this is my fault", smh. I wonder how will this madness will end...I bet on Fuuko either being real nice, stalker besides, or being a total psycho propelling some obscure revelation parade.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Spicy

joined Jun 30, 2017

I have a few questions though. What I want to know is WTF is a sixth month anniversary? Is Yuni just subconsciously sabotaging their own relationship with ridiculous expectations? Why is Nanase such a tool?

Even if a six-month anniversary were a weird thing to celebrate (which judging by other comments and my own experiences doesn't seem to be the case, at least not for teenage couples), it still wouldn't be a ridiculous expectation. One of the very, very few things Yuni has been clear about from the very start is that she expects Nanase to remember their anniversaries and do something special for them. Nanase knows this. She is already by default an extremely uninvolved partner in the relationship and makes no effort whatsoever to make it work, so it's hardly ridiculous to expect her to set one day a month aside, especially when all Yuni apparently wants from her is a phone call.

Like, of course cheating is wrong in and of itself, but it's actually hard for me to feel bad for Nanase at this point. She's not a bad person, but she is objectively a bad partner who gives off the impression of just not caring about Yuni very much.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Yeees!

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Me at Nanase:
"WE WERE ROOTING FOR YOU, WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!- HOW DARE YOU-"

But yeah, it's super hard to feel bad for Nanase at all at this point. :/ But I know for a FACT the author is trying to make me feel bad for supporting them now because of the last statement: "I'm doing nothing wrong" I know what you're doing and ion like it >:( /j

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

i am feeling so many emotions right now...

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Nanase is pretty unfair imo. she should not have started a relationship she knew she wouldn't have much time for, especially if she knew she wanted to keep it secret, making it even harder to spend time together as a couple. and it's not even just her level of business, but how INVOLVED she is in her sport, where she thinks of very little else, including her gf apparently. i feel very little sympathy for her. maybe we'd be more on her side if we saw them leading up to going out and what brought them together.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

0:52 is too late. I cannot even consider it as an NTR because Nanase routinely NOT think about Yuni, or put Yuni as an after thought. It is almost as if she was experimenting (bi-curious, gay-curious....whatever) and use Yuni as the guinea pig.
We begin to also see where Fuukos background is. She never asks for more, probably because she was treated poorly in her home.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

It is interesting because Liberty is my second favorite and Mhy Girlfriend is my third. You cannot really compare both of them simply because Yurihime and Galette by nature is different. Yurihime published once a month. Galett is technically a doujin anthology that runs 3 times a year. Also he subject is different, the triangle is totally unbalanced. Here, it is centered on Yuni.

joined Apr 28, 2019

She should dump her fr

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

oooooooooooooh we are getting spicy now!!!

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Or she get the two or nothing

joined Apr 27, 2014

0:52 is too late. I cannot even consider it as an NTR because Nanase routinely NOT think about Yuni, or put Yuni as an after thought. It is almost as if she was experimenting (bi-curious, gay-curious....whatever) and use Yuni as the guinea pig.
We begin to also see where Fuukos background is. She never asks for more, probably because she was treated poorly in her home.

I am more curious about Fuuko than the other two at the moment...bullied? overshadowed by siblings? What is it!? I like her the best for now.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

I love the way the story has gone so far. What an exciting turning point! I got so hyped when I saw the cheating tag finally being used.

I like that the main character CHOSE to cheat and she’s immediately punished for that by missing the phone call from her girlfriend, which is also one of the first instances the girlfriend proactively initiated a conversation that could have solved the main character’s worries. It gives you the sense that the two might have worked out had the main character not chosen to cheat, and tried to communicate better.

But at the same time it's Nanase'd fault for waiting do long to call. Honestly they should just break up. The other girl is way better for her anyway.

To reply you must either login or sign up.