Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

joined Mar 26, 2021

Well, im kind of glad that they broke up, I won't be saying whos fault it was. I think they from tge begining didn't fit each other

Now Miwa can focus on her old crush. I hope in new volume there will be something about this.

last edited at Oct 20, 2021 2:18AM

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Maybe it's cause I don't remember exactly what's going on but I feel like the story isn't really going anywhere in terms of direction. Seems like their relationship is gonna crash down but then what

joined Dec 30, 2018

Ye they really will go oneshot direction

I feel so naive for thinking they weren't all these years

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Ye they really will go oneshot direction

I feel so naive for thinking they weren't all these years

IKR? I'm so disappointed. I wished so hard for them to stay together...

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Volume 4 (up to Chapter 36) came out in English on the 12th. Here are some spoilers if anyone feels impatient waiting for new chapters. I'm curious about the thoughts of other people who have read the volume as well.

You could say that this volume has a lot of mood whiplash, though you could also argue that it's a smart way of showing how the characters are constantly torn between wanting to smooth things over and needing to be honest with each other, as you can see in this last chapter.

Saeko tries to keep herself busy as a way to put off spending time with Miwa. When she's finally unable to avoid her, Miwa tries to get her to talk about what's wrong, leading Saeko to angrily point out that Miwa is also trying to hide her emotions and still has feelings for her old crush. The two of them finally talk to each other honestly (kind of?), with Miwa admitting that her feelings for Shiho might have come back when she saw her again, though she didn't act on them. Saeko says that she's not angry and they won't break up, since Miwa chose her over Shiho. They start having sex again, but Saeko can tell that Miwa is forcing herself to say "I love you" and clearly still has feelings for Shiho. While they're in bed, Saeko suddenly says that they should break up.

After work, Saeko basically spills her guts to Yuria (female coworker), saying that she didn't feel loved by her partner. Later, Saeko and Miwa meet up to formalize their breakup and go back to being ordinary friends. Miwa still feels guilty and depressed, but starts to acknowledge that she didn't feel a deep, romantic love for Saeko. To their friends' confusion, they return to being friends pretty easily, at least on the surface. Rika easily convinces Miwa to message Shiho. Yuria mentions to a coworker that she has a girlfriend now.

There was also a very brief flashforward which I thought was unnecessary and slightly detracted from the mood, though I already knew what would happen since I've been keeping up with the raws (which have reached 70 chapters by now, so there's plenty more drama to look forward to).

Shinta
joined Feb 25, 2014

Just.....let it end already...I'm burnout seeing these two getting uneasy with each other, I keep telling myself just stop, but ends up keep waiting for the new chapter thus hurting myself for reading the story, I don't hate it no, it's just the more the chapters continue the more I feel empty inside....I also don't want any of them to cheat like in the oneshot...it left a bad taste in my mouth, what am I, a masochist!?

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

if there's lots of chapters ahead still, maybe their break up will only be temporary. like the author trying to lul us with see i knew its! would honestly make them getting back together feel special.

Img-0803
joined Jun 25, 2021

if there's lots of chapters ahead still, maybe their break up will only be temporary. like the author trying to lul us with see i knew its! would honestly make them getting back together feel special.

nup, defs going the oneshot route as far as general story is concerned.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Wow, the masters of not talking things out when they really should almost got to talk things out...
I O U is not a good basis for a relationship.

Honestly, seeing as the official English release is now ahead I wouldn't even fault SAD for dropping it, as much as I like their translations.

joined Sep 11, 2019

I stopped reading this at some point but came back to this chapter to see how it's going.
And I see no difference, plus there's up to 70 and there's still shit in the air.
I know humans are iffy but it is what it is. Probably pop by the discussion to see spoilers and shit lol.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Why do I do this to myself I wonder? It is like watching a sloooooowly sinking ship with passengers still in denial. Drama is not forced or anything either. It is just too much.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

Miwa, honey, sweetie pie, relationships aren't supposed to be transactional like that......

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ ^ ^ Exactly!

Although, I suppose there's a fine line between wanting to make someone happy and wanting to repay them for making you happy. But her comment about no one else wanting to date someone like her shows that she still has a long way to go in accepting herself. In ways, this series is kind of painfully realistic. Error 404: Escapism not found(?)

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014

Does anyone know where I can read the raws?

joined May 15, 2021

Miwa, honey, sweetie pie, relationships aren't supposed to be transactional like that......

Technically speaking they are transactional, no matter what ppls says everyone deep inside wants their feelings to be sort of "payed" by the other part and for a relationship to succeed each part must return others feelings, but you cant force them to do such thing, they have to do it on their own sooooo yeah its complicated XD

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Technically speaking they are transactional, no matter what ppls says everyone deep inside wants their feelings to be sort of "payed" by the other part and for a relationship to succeed each part must return others feelings, but you cant force them to do such thing, they have to do it on their own sooooo yeah its complicated XD

That isn't what they mean by transactional. Relationships aren't about paying someone back for liking you. If you're with someone because you feel like you owe them something for being nice to you, that isn't healthy. You should be in a relationship because you enjoy being in the relationship.

Sure, a relationship has to be -balanced-, but that's not the same thing as transactional. It's fine to want and expect both people in a relationship to share feelings toward one another, it's not good if one person feels like they're morally obligated to love the other person.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I just read the oneshot...it is like a condensed version of this. I like it tho, they didn't try too much,well 5 months, that's subjectively long.
But, good lesson, do not date someone just because it's convenient and it's the only other "dateable" person you know. :v

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I don't get wtf is the point of hiding the fact she was invited to a hotel and refused. Like. what? I really don't understand what she's so ashamed of here. She did good, said no to the girl and was faithful to her gf. I genuinely don't get what's going through her mind right now. Best guess she's feeling guilty about still having a thing for her highschool crush or something?

And my god the communication issues in general I swear to god. If it was just about the middle school and highschool thing sure fine, I get it, but they don't communicate on literally anything.

I think the reason is that Miwa is not over her high school crush, and that she’s falling out of love with Saeko, but she doesn’t wanna admit that to herself, let alone to Saeko.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Can anyone link me to where I can buy the raws?

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I just read the oneshot...it is like a condensed version of this. I like it tho, they didn't try too much,well 5 months, that's subjectively long.
But, good lesson, do not date someone just because it's convenient and it's the only other "dateable" person you know. :v

I think giving it a shot ain't that bad, having it be slowly sinking for months and not breaking it off is

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

Is it ok to post links of the raws here?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I think giving it a shot ain't that bad, having it be slowly sinking for months and not breaking it off is

Yeah, I mean, there's nothing wrong with "I enjoy being around this person, let's see how we do romantically."

And at the time, Miwa honestly thought she'd never see Shiho again, so it's not unreasonable for her to assume she'll get over that and move on with Saeko. But it isn't going to work as long as Miwa is carrying a torch. Saeko clearly wants to be special to somebody, and right now Miwa's treating her like a consolation prize.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I stopped reading this at some point but came back to this chapter to see how it's going.
And I see no difference, plus there's up to 70 and there's still shit in the air.
I know humans are iffy but it is what it is. Probably pop by the discussion to see spoilers and shit lol.

If this is about what I said, I didn't mean to make it sound like the series is a never-ending shitstorm. The series shifts into a generally more 'wholesome' vibe around Chapter 50, from what I can tell.

joined Mar 27, 2017

Amazon

Bookwalker - volumes, chapters

Official Site

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Just.....let it end already...I'm burnout seeing these two getting uneasy with each other, I keep telling myself just stop, but ends up keep waiting for the new chapter thus hurting myself for reading the story, I don't hate it no, it's just the more the chapters continue the more I feel empty inside....I also don't want any of them to cheat like in the oneshot...it left a bad taste in my mouth, what am I, a masochist!?

All your message fits my thoughts... It's just a pain

To reply you must either login or sign up.