Forum › Takane no Hana wa Usotsuki desu discussion

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Was this on here before? I know I've read this before, just not sure where...

joined Aug 26, 2013

I've read this on mangadex before.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

W-was that it? That kinda sucked? I love age gap but this made it kinda weird. High schooler was just being toyed with until office lady decided that she wanted something more and then that was it huh. An unfortunate waste of time.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I don't know if you read Spanish -- but this manga has been in the TuManga online reader for years.

Anyway, good for all those who only understand English: they finally can enjoy this sweet and adorable yuri love story!

And those who have a gripe with the Office lady + School girl + Age gap + Romance tag combo will most certainly be happy that they have one new thing to bitterly complain about.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

It was probably Mangadex tbh, back before The End Times.

I remember not caring for this very much. The toying with the high schooler just isn't my thing I don't think, seemed a little mean spirited. I know lots of people will enjoy it though =w=

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

This one is pretty sweet. But then I am into age gap whether it is OL x OL or OL x University or OL x School girl.
Is this one published in YHC, or the author has published something in YHC? This is because the author submit a short Yuzu x Mei story in the Citrus Anthology.

joined Aug 15, 2021

it's a bit weird... how do u realize you love someone after seeing that someone coming out from love hotel with another man/woman and that someone tell you just having fun in love hotel with stranger ?? it's too weird n too forced.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

this should have a GYARU tag!

it says gyaru in the description!

last edited at Oct 9, 2021 9:45PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I didn't like this. The shift in character at the end is too sudden and makes no sense. We have very little idea of what drives Yukiho, so it looks like she just randomly becomes a different person on a whim. I guess we're supposed to think she just got sick of casual hook-ups, but we don't get any clue as to why she's been doing that in the first place, so her sudden transformation just comes across as unbelievable. It's also unclear why she starts hanging out with Meguru. She says it's "for fun", but all the stuff they do and talk about looks like it'd be incredibly boring for a grown adult to sit through. Maybe she's just lonely? If that's the case, then it should've been developed better. Anyways, there's no real sense of attraction between them until suddenly they confess their love to eachother. Perhaps this was originally going to be longer, and there'd be more time for the ending to come together.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I feel like this was building up to be something longer than it ended up being

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I think I get it. Yukiho and Meguru were a lot alike. They both sought out relationships that were going nowhere. Yukiho would date guys that she knew weren't going to stick around, or were otherwise off limits. (married men, f@ckboys, etc.) Meguru was headed down the same path, with her dating boys who only wanted to get some. (when she wasn't ready for that, they moved on)

They managed to find each other. The second Yukiho saw that Meguru had feelings for her, she defended herself. She couldn't fathom someone loving something like her. She thought Meguru only liked the fake, ideal woman she pretended to be.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Well thanks for uploading it even though you didn't like it that much. I really enjoyed it, especially because I am someone that a lot of people have a hard time liking.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

I thought it was plenty cute.

It doesn't exist in the real world, obviously. It takes place in the RomCom universe, which superficially resembles the real world to a large degree but isn't the real world because people in the RomCom universe don't behave like actual humans.

But with that caveat in mind, it was sweet and funny and romantic.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I thought it was plenty cute.

It doesn't exist in the real world, obviously. It takes place in the RomCom universe, which superficially resembles the real world to a large degree but isn't the real world because people in the RomCom universe don't behave like actual humans.

Yeah, sometimes authors are creating stories about how humans do, could, or should behave in the real world, and sometimes they're playing variations on a traditional melody called "Romance Genre."

But with that caveat in mind, it was sweet and funny and romantic.

And in the last chapter, sexy.

joined May 20, 2013

And those who have a gripe with the Office lady + School girl + Age gap + Romance tag combo will most certainly be happy that they have one new thing to bitterly complain about.

Not sure in what way you meant that, but I certainly wish there were more tags.

After recently rereading Itoshi Koishi, when I saw this among the recent chapters, I thought it may be a similarly nice read. Well, quite the opposite. The art and scanlation are great; I just wish there were a way to know more about what to expect from the story.

Not to mention it's completed, so there's no chance to find anything redeeming about Yukiho or whether/why the ending would be good despite everything.

last edited at Oct 10, 2021 2:48PM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Yukiho looks a lot like Sei from WariKan.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

We know that Yukiho has redeeming qualities and we know that the story has a happy ending (in at least the immediate future) because the structure of the story is a light-hearted RomCom, not an angsty drama. The mangaka didn't telegraph that love confession in front of the fountain for nothing.

Aside from which, the omake makes it even more clear. They've been dating for a month (wouldn't happen if Yukiho didn't have redeeming qualities) AND Yukiho confesses love to someone for the first time. She's a good egg even if we don't see it on the page.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

That was pretty sweet

joined Dec 13, 2018

That was dumb but cute

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

We know that Yukiho has redeeming qualities and we know that the story has a happy ending (in at least the immediate future) because the structure of the story is a light-hearted RomCom, not an angsty drama. The mangaka didn't telegraph that love confession in front of the fountain for nothing.

Aside from which, the omake makes it even more clear. They've been dating for a month (wouldn't happen if Yukiho didn't have redeeming qualities) AND Yukiho confesses love to someone for the first time. She's a good egg even if we don't see it on the page.

I'd even argue that in certain sense we do see it on the page. In their daily interactions Yukiho is, in fact, very nice to Meguru, and they do have fun together.

What makes her seem so awful is that she gets the narrative treatment that manga two-faced villains always get--they come off as super-nice in person, but then later when they're in private the reader learns that they have some ulterior motive for manipulating the innocent victim. But the worst thing Yukiho actually does to Meguru is think to herself how immature the younger girl is while being nice to her on the surface.

So Yukiho seems to have that hidden contempt for Meguru that the manga villains do, but she's really just enacting that facade of niceness that she's learned as a life-coping strategy. She doesn't try to humiliate Meguru or steer her wrong, and after she pushes Meguru away she realizes that, although she initially just wanted to use Meguru "to fill in her free time," she later really wanted Meguru to get close to her.

Yukiho is basically a bit of twist on the trope of the two-faced villain who is nice to the protagonist in public but silently sneers at them in private--but in this case it's due to her own low self-esteem and poor self-image rather than because of any ulterior motive or bad intent.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And then Meguru was devoured. Figuratively.

joined Dec 11, 2021

The only things I didnt like are the sudden change in Yuhiko from using Meguru just to kill some time to feeling lonely without her. And second, the fact that Yuhiko told her that she fcked with that guy at the hotel

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

After reading this for the second time..
The story is fine the way it is, but I really wish the story would continue. I want to see how this age gap couple does, such
as how the friends of Meguru react, or in fact, if Meguru would keep her relationship secret. From self-proclaiming one new boy friend a week type, to a stable long term lesbian relationship. Same thing I want to see how Yuhiko life has changed, especially in the work place. Strangely, I think if the co-workers found out that Yuhiko is in a lesbian relationship (with a cute girl), I think all those jealousy issue and office politics about her will be all gone. You cannot get jealous a female co-worker climbing the corporate ladder by sleeping with her own girlfriend.

It is still one of the sweetest mangas I have read.
And yes, depends on how you see it, Yuhiko may be a Sei prototype.

last edited at May 3, 2022 11:03PM

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

I personally liked it the first time I read it on mangadex like 4 months ago. Though like a lot of yuri manga theres not a lot of chapters which kinda makes the story a bit worse then it could have.

To reply you must either login or sign up.