Forum › Green Plum Blossom Tea discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Okay this is really heckin cute

(And props to putting the resize advice at the start of the work!)

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

This is very pretty and these girls are very nice.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

This is an INSTANT favourite for me!!!!!!!!!

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This is a real dope start
The journals bleeding into each other was pretty great

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

That was adorable, and the art style was very easy on the eyes. Love the choice of the author to go for those split panels. Single scanlator putting in the work.

Pat%20the%20sara
joined Apr 29, 2019

Really liked the art style, will definitely be keeping up with this one.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

You know it's gonna be good when there's princess carrying 30 seconds in.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

great use of panelling at the end there

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

great use of panelling at the end there

Yeah that was fun.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Okay why is it so adorable

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

GUGU..?>??. why would she say that thats so adorable im so broken inside

MeiLangSakalam
271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

tang ina lets do this

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This was a really sweet start- and I LOVE the art :)

I think its a bit of a mistake to have both main characters with such similar hair styles and colours but that aside I really wanna read more of this :)

@ozzy Since her name is Gu yushi Im guessing gugu is her nickname for her? Or perhaps her nickname in class.

Even tho its the first time they talked we see at the end they are both interested in each other so she has probably been refering to her by that nickname in her head or heard classmates say it and it just slipped out.

last edited at Oct 8, 2021 8:47AM

joined May 25, 2020

ty for the tip on the first page. i always skipped the long strip chapters because of how small they were

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Wait, wait . . . they ALREADY KNOW they're into each other? What bizarre heresy against standard yuri is this?

We're not going to have a bunch of chapters each where they're wondering what these odd feelings that they're feeling around each other could POSSIBLY be, and then a bunch where they're thinking, no, it couldn't POSSIBLY be that because they've never felt this way before and anyway they're BOTH GIRLS? I'm shocked.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yeah but they dont know that the other girl is also into them- it might drag out them both being into each other and somehow not realising its mutual for 20+ chapters lol- in place of the usual not knowing their own feelings cliche.

I hope not though. It would be nice to see one of these stories quickly move onto the flirting and datiing stages.

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Does anyone have the problem where they get to the last page of chapter one and they click next but it goes to chapter three?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

kingtiger posted:

Does anyone have the problem where they get to the last page of chapter one and they click next but it goes to chapter three?

So sorry for that. Should be good now, thank you.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I love the art in this, the lighting effects and scene setting are all beautiful

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Cornonthekopp posted:

I love the art in this, the lighting effects and scene setting are all beautiful

Oh actually yes, not only is there princess carrying (and hand touching) like right away, but the lighting is really consistently lovely! This artist must have been studying a lot, it's great.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Anyone notice in the middle of page 4 ch2, Gu switches chairs for 1 small panel then pops back- im assuming thats a consistancy mistake not that they swapped chairs then back for no decernable reason?

Also in the last panel of p5 of chapter 2 Gu has no legs lol. So while I love the art, the artist could do with paying a bit more attention to stuff like that.

p.s Also in chapter 1 p4, the first pannels - the overlapping hospital scenes- both are strangely cropped like they were cut and pasted wrong- that might be deliberate but if it was i'd expect black lines between them like the example at the end of the chapter. Or is this maybe something to do with how its been stiched together?

last edited at Oct 8, 2021 4:34PM

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

p.s Also in chapter 1 p4, the first pannels - the overlapping hospital scenes- both are strangely cropped like they were cut and pasted wrong- that might be deliberate but if it was i'd expect black lines between them like the example at the end of the chapter. Or is this maybe something to do with how its been stiched together?

Yeah sorry that's on me. I'll upload a fixed version for that strip when I upload the newer chapters. The other inconsistencies are in the original.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Thanks for taking the trouble

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

The art is a bit stiff. While I feel like they've done a good job with the lighting and backgrounds, their facial expressions are a bit flat.

The script could also use a bit more refining. While I'm all for quick progress that doesn't drag out for a hundred chapters, things were going maybe a bit too quickly? I feel like I had a hard time following the timeline of events. Also, I couldn't help but laugh at grandma's completely incidental and not at all weird description of the protagonist's circumstances lol

"You enrolled in No. 4 middle school just to be with me due to my declining health. Because of that, you've not made many friends in the last few years. But now you're older and you should have your own life. Go make friends and have fun."
"Thanks, grandma, I had completely forgotten that I didn't have friends and that you were sick! Can I count on you to remind me of anything else I might have forgotten about my life? Hihihi~"

I mean, you don't have characters say things just so that the readers can understand the setting. It'd be a lot better if the grandma just said something like,
"Now that you're in your new school, you should try to make some friends, without worrying about me".
You'd still be able to tell that she didn't have any friends and that her grandma probably has some health issues, but at least it wouldn't be this awkward lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.