Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Absolutely no way it's not intentional, esp with her jokingly(?) calling herself tae's girlfriend

last edited at Sep 15, 2021 4:26PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

A parsimonous rationalisation would be that she picked up the basic mannerisms from popular media and whatnot as how "big girls" are supposed to act at least in some circumstances - she routinely gets confused for one for obvious reasons after all - and because Tae has such entertaining responses to that might well be actively researching more now. (Also evidently a natural heartthrob.)

Because, really, it'd be a rare 10 yo who wouldn't be delighted on being able to troll grownups to that degree and Mai definitely has a mischievous streak a mile wide...

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

In a somewhat generous analysis, it's clear to me that Mai might take advantage of her height by scooping up/hugging on her grade-school friends, considering how physical she is without being lewd. She may come off as a big softie, with (family friendly) skinship and all.

So it may be innocent for her, because it's how she deals with her peers, but of course Tae is seeing an (for lack of a better term) 'adult figured' female being touchy and playful with her, and she's seeing things differently

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

It's nice but very surprising or perplexing that her coworker was like "Oh you're into girls too? alright lesss gooo" just like that, but I guess this manga is not trying to be too serious or more like, it should not be taken seriously.

Tfw you find that your coworker is Minori.

Link%20square
joined Feb 15, 2015

Real talk, yes a person can develop abnormally fast, yes even look like a grown-ass adult at age 10, yes boys and girls.

Also, yes the things happening in this manga would be very bad IRL.

That out of the way I adore this dumb little story and I cannot wait for more.

joined Jul 23, 2014

I do like that they show the actual pedo in bad light, while the MCs are shown in a light-hearted way. On the other hand, since Mai is 10, she's probably just an info sponge and is copying stuff from her surroundings without understanding anything, but since she looks like an adult woman, she comes off as this suave smooth-talker.

joined Jul 26, 2016

It's nice but very surprising or perplexing that her coworker was like "Oh you're into girls too? alright lesss gooo" just like that, but I guess this manga is not trying to be too serious or more like, it should not be taken seriously.

Tfw you find that your coworker is Minori.

my face when
- Tae

mitchellmidnight
joined Jan 29, 2021

This is interesting, two lolicons, one is closeted and the other one is certified.

Tae isnt- or she'd be after the tiny friend like her co-worker is. She fell for a girl who looks 0% like a child- and once she found out has been doing her best to ignore her instinctual hormones triggered by her appearance and adult like flirting.

If she was a lolicon she'd be drooling over the girls who LOOK like they are 10 - and Mai chan wouldnt interest her.

^ @morter - I have to read that series again- theres another fun and innocent manga with lolicons lol.

Whether she looks like it or not mai is 10 so yes tae is a lolicon. If she doesn't admit it she's in the closet so this comment is hella justified js.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Whether she looks like it or not mai is 10 so yes tae is a lolicon. If she doesn't admit it she's in the closet so this comment is hella justified js.

You really don't understand what a "lolicon" is do you.

Hint: it's specifically not someone attracted to what look like adults.

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Hahhh. A 10 years old girl with a body loaded with sex appeal and a 23 years old woman with a loli body in a yuri manga. What a great time to be alive.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

random posted:

It's a waste of time to explain at this point, say she looks like a grandma with white hair and a wheelchair, if she says she's ten, then you're a lolicon for falling for her before knowing that... shame on you.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The extreme difference between Mai's chronological age and her physical appearance seems to have short-circuited more logic circuits than just those of the manga characters.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

random posted:

It's a waste of time to explain at this point, say she looks like a grandma with white hair and a wheelchair, if she says she's ten, then you're a lolicon for falling for her before knowing that... shame on you.

WAT ???

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

random posted:

WAT ???

Yeah, this is conflating "being sexually attracted to a person who, despite massive visual evidence to the contrary, turns out to be underage" with "being sexually attracted to people who are, or who appear to be, very young."

joined May 9, 2021

Legally? Questionable
Morally? Disgusting
Personally? I like it

joined Oct 11, 2018

The only reason why I don’t feel uncomfortable with the story is because Mai looks older. I got kinda creeped out with the co-worker tho.

Brave_nehsafphnw
joined Dec 27, 2013

I'm just gonna go ahead and pretend that Mai is just pulling a whole ass prank here, and when proven otherwise, will proceed to ignore canon for the sake of my moral conscience.

But then again... I do enjoy Taiyaki's works so... I'm not sure I stand by anything here...
...what have i come to...

joined Aug 29, 2019

random posted:

WAT ???

Yeah, this is conflating "being sexually attracted to a person who, despite massive visual evidence to the contrary, turns out to be underage" with "being sexually attracted to people who are, or who appear to be, very young."

Pretty sure Serenata was just taking it to its "logical" conclusion to expose how asinine it is.

But what follows is that everyone who has ever been attracted to any girl/woman they hadn't known for at least 18 years at that point is a lolicon because they certainly didn't truly know their age. The other person might have lied about it! Their IDs could be fake! Always assume that they're a kid! Consequently you shouldn't be attracted to any person you didn't grow up with because you can't know if they're not actually just a kid!
The same is true in reverse for people who have ever been attracted to a boy/man without knowing them for at least 18 years, they're obviously open to being a shotacon!

It all makes (no) sense now!

last edited at Sep 21, 2021 6:47AM

joined May 9, 2021

Seriously people need to keep it down, take it or leave it. I come to discussion board to see discussion about the content of manga, not for some lolicon definition from your perspective or what you believe whether she is grade schooler or not.

And it’s a manga, a fictional story, so no need to reason yourself the logical reason behind her looks or asking question like whether its possible occurrence in real life (outside curiosity i guess, but no need to bait unnecessary debate around the manga itself). Because even it’s a real thing, I doubt author look at that.

If you think it affect your moral or you find it disgusting, just leave otherwise enjoy the show. Simple! no need to be hypocrite either

last edited at Sep 21, 2021 2:41PM

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Alright I finally have time so I've started the editing of chapter 4.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

I can't wait to see where this goes, the forbidden fruit is always the sweetest
Hopefully some meaningful progress happens

joined May 24, 2014

I can't wait to see where this goes, the forbidden fruit is always the sweetest
Hopefully some meaningful progress happens

Them bodyguards will be quite snappy at her if she crosses the line.

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

well, the Japanese meaning of morning glories means it's mutual....

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Will it be another fireworks confession or is too soon for that?

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Will it be another fireworks confession or is too soon for that?

Next chapter does indeed include fireworks but I won’t spoil anything else about it lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.