Forum › Ah... and Mm... Are All She Says discussion

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I'm glad they've kinda made up some, although watching Tanaka literally retch at the plot twice was hard to read

joined Aug 8, 2020

I know the swastika is an ancient religious symbol with positive meanings, and but seeing P卍4 really threw me for a loop at first lmao.

That was almost certainly an accident involving making a variant of the PS4 logo, combined with the lack of focus WW2 gets in Japanese schools. The author clearly just took the S from the PS4 logo and added another one turned sideways to avoid copyright issues.

Doesn't make the implications better but I'm willing to chalk it up to poor foresight.

Very dodgy topic, but I don't think countries where a symbol is religious shouldn't use it because of WW2 events. It's also very clearly just a 卍 and not sideways S combined, that's grasping at straws to try to rationalize something that doesn't need to be. Mangas don't shy away from using it, just look at tokyo revengers.

I'd like to point out that it's also the symbol used for temples in Google Maps. Legit search for Japan and start zooming in, you'll start seeing it wherever there's a shrine. The specifically WW2 version of the symbol is supposed to be when it's at an angle. If you see it properly oriented horizontally and with no other context then it's likely not related to WW2 (especially if it's in media from Japan or other asian places that use the original normally).

quick edit: I did look a little more at the maps and there are two different symbols, one is the swastika and one looks like a torii gate. I have done zero research on what the difference is, but I think it's shrine vs temple where the swastika is for temples and the torii is shrines.

The difference may be between Shinto and Buddhist temples, also. That's just a guess, though as I've seen statues of the Buddha with the horizontal swastika on his chest, forhead or palm.

joined Apr 16, 2017

Artist dude was such an asshole that it traumatized her and those repressed memories caused her to lash out?

X4%20(2)
joined Aug 20, 2016

I can really get Tanaka's reaction. I read some pretty (ok, really) out there stuff just fine, but rarely I'll come across a scene that something about how it's written/portrayed in a way that I just "NOPE!" my way out. Doesn't happen often, but still.

last edited at Sep 23, 2021 8:43PM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Pretty cool to see Toda-san deliberately pushing the artistic envelope to find out her boundaries in drawing manga. When it comes to drawing erotica, there’s quite a bit of room for her to push out from. I find it funny to see editor having a visceral response to the mangaka’s manga, and then getting overruled by chief editor to print it.

Even though it’s not “Yuri”— the story is turning out alright.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Can relate to Tanaka in a way. I read a doujin about 2 weeks ago that wasn't really fucked in that way, but it still fucked with my feelings hard and comes to keep me awake when I try to sleep.

edit: just remembered kageki shoujo ep3 got me very nauseous and might have something come up and it didn't involve sex, so I can definitely see how takana could be made to vomit with it going further.

last edited at Sep 24, 2021 4:25AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

At this point, I am startig to wonder whether Toda has been taken advantage of because of her disability and sexually abused as a child. I am not sure how else an 18-year-old would be able to depict rape so vividly and life-like as to make a person puke.

last edited at Sep 24, 2021 3:43AM

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

I​ like​ how​ everyone​ called​ editor​ and​ Toda's conflict​ as​ lover's​ quarrel.​

joined Mar 5, 2016

At this point, I am startig to wonder whether Toda has been taken advantage of because of her disability and sexually abused as a child. I am not sure how else an 18-year-old would be able to depict rape so vividly and life-like as to make a person puke.

i don't think that's the angle they're going for here, since it's a story about two people having sex for the first time. and consensually! but where the girl finds out that she may not have been as ready as the boy and that frightens her.

it's more about the complexity and pitfalls of relationships and developing sexual experience than it is about surviving rape

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

i don't think that's the angle they're going for here, since it's a story about two people having sex for the first time. and consensually! but where the girl finds out that she may not have been as ready as the boy and that frightens her.

it's more about the complexity and pitfalls of relationships and developing sexual experience than it is about surviving rape

Rereading the chapter I also get a vibe more like this. Discovering your own lust and urges can be a very harsh experience for both oneself and their partner. My first gf and I had a very different time, I went from pissing myself from a kiss to being very, very horny and into it in a matter of hours. She said no when when things were starting to really heat up and that was it, but I think that was quite frightening for both of us. Though at the time I was more concerned about my balls hurting like hell from being hard all day than my sudden awakening to being incredibly horny.

Though Toda's work very clearly had some rape-y vibes during the act if it made tanaka react so strongly. I'm assuming it was consensual at the start but the girl got frightened at some point through but the boy didn't stop and that girls fear was depicted very strongly, enough to shake takana up.

last edited at Sep 24, 2021 2:31PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Wow, what a chapter. We got to see the editor wasted and everyone just thinks that Toda and her going out. Hopefully this does become reality soon. Also, I think it's cool we got to see the editor go "Ah".

F5514d05-de98-4bab-85d5-a731d2488c74
joined Sep 21, 2021

Yknow who else only says “Ah…” and “Mm…”?

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Ooh, F91 Gunpla in Chapter 23. Good taste.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Fairly uneventful chapter after the last one. I'm feeling pretty impatient to see how toda and tanaka working and living arrangement are going to go since there was some tension last time.

last edited at Sep 27, 2021 3:39PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Fairly uneventful chapter after the last one. I'm feeling pretty impatient to see how toda and tanaka working and living arrangement are going to go since there was some tension last time.

They seem to be giving each other space to sort out their thoughts and feeling. But eventually, Toda will have to open up about what's eating at her...

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

They seem to be giving each other space to sort out their thoughts and feeling. But eventually, Toda will have to open up about what's eating at her...

For sure. I'm worried about how it would pan out though, if it's the explosive kind of open up where it bottles up too much I'm not sure if Tanaka would be able to react to it very well, she'd seem more suited to a calm conversation. Seeing how Toda takes time to formulate her thoughts I shouldn't except an explosive reaction to something pushing her over the line, but I can't shake the feeling it won't just be a calm discussion.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Yknow who else only says “Ah…” and “Mm…”?

Hina, of course. But Yuna would never let her draw eromanga.

It's also heartening to see Vegeta's approval of Ishino at the end there

joined Dec 13, 2018

I was never sexually abused and I did the same when I was her age. I think it's more that Tanaka has little stomach for the characters she's very attached to.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Tanaka staring at the breastfeeding feels like queer coding given her behavior in the rest of this manga.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I was never sexually abused and I did the same when I was her age. I think it's more that Tanaka has little stomach for the characters she's very attached to.

That may be it. :-)

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Can relate to Tanaka in a way. I read a doujin about 2 weeks ago that wasn't really fucked in that way, but it still fucked with my feelings hard and comes to keep me awake when I try to sleep.

edit: just remembered kageki shoujo ep3 got me very nauseous and might have something come up and it didn't involve sex, so I can definitely see how takana could be made to vomit with it going further.

Yeah sometimes even if it's not the worst thing you've ever seen it can fuck you up really bad if it Resonates with you. For me that was Kuzushiro's "Your fault". I just happened to read that one right after something similar happened to me and I had to vomit and cry for quite a bit from it.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

It was nice seeing that Tanaka is a really good editor. Even though she had a more hands off approach with her other talents, she still really helped them out to become more successful (even if she wasn't aware).

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ngl the throwing up scenes worry me because I have no clue just what exactly Toda San is depicting in her stories. Like is what she's writing close to charactersnbeing sexually assaulted or am I missing something

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I don't think I could do what Tanaka did there. Jeez I kinda hate it but wow the manga is really doing a good job showing us indirectly what kind of messed up stuff Toda is creating

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Did I read the wrong manga? I found Kageki Shoujo, but there is nothing special in chapter 3. BUT one of the characters has bulimia.

To reply you must either login or sign up.