Forum › OTP order is a touchy subject! discussion

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

Tbh the yaoi fandom is mostly just a bunch of het women so that's where the problem is. They put this sort of expectation on gay men when it's absolutely not like that in reality. I find that the best BL works are those made by queer people who actually understand how queer relationships work. Het women usually try to use top and bottom as some sort of twisted gender role cause they don't understand how queer relationships work

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i don't really care about top and bottom tbh

i just let my imagination run wild XD

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

look at these idiots, i love them hahahah

joined Jul 21, 2020

Tbh the yaoi fandom is mostly just a bunch of het women so that's where the problem is.

Gross generalization, absolutely not true.

Shrimpin
joined Sep 12, 2021

Anyways, why hasn't the yuri fandom have any special name? It still blows my mind. Or am I out of the loop?

I've seen the term Himejoshi/Himedanshi (姫女子/姫男子) being used to refer to fans of yuri/GL, though I haven't seen many use it to refer to themselves much? I like both yuri and yaoi so I guess I'd be more like a rotten princess or something.

Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

Ack, this idiot couple is cute.

I usually avoid anthology stuff because too short, but I'd really like to read a proper length series with this dynamic.

EDIT:

Just checked, the author is also writing that running series with all the death flags. What a stark contrast in tone

last edited at Sep 15, 2021 1:15AM

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Ah yes.. the Fujoshi shipping wars, definitely something they do and not something I do with Yuru Yuri, I'm not enraged when someone "mis-ships" my ships, nope NOT AL ALL! lmao.

Yui x Kyouko otp, right? Ayano can go kiss a duck!

And Sakurako better fall off a cliff, so Himawari can find someone better!

These are fightin' words.

joined Nov 27, 2017

The credits page made Natsume dead to me for all eternity.

Ain't her fault that she's right.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Anyways, why hasn't the yuri fandom have any special name? It still blows my mind. Or am I out of the loop?

I've seen the term Himejoshi/Himedanshi (姫女子/姫男子) being used to refer to fans of yuri/GL, though I haven't seen many use it to refer to themselves much? I like both yuri and yaoi so I guess I'd be more like a rotten princess or something.

There's also this:

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Really putting the "idiot" in "idiot couple".

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

I don't understand fighting over ships tbh but each to their own. As unhealthy as it is, I do find it cute that this couple will fight over literally everything. XD

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

zokoi posted:

However, I just noticed that BL fangirls fight about this much more than GL and het.

Have you never seen people having shipping wars over series like Love Live or Madoka? Believe me, Gl shippers can be just as vicious. It's true that at least yuri fans care less about who is top and bottom (and I personally think it doesn't matter), but more who is with who.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Het women who like yaoi or fantasized gay men, are usually called "fag hag".

joined Apr 28, 2021

Not a fan at all of yaoi or the fetish people that come along with it. I do like gay romances though. I think if this was about a yuri otp pairing, would have enjoy this more. I see the yaoi otp stuff as very fetish-y and unlikeable.

To reply you must either login or sign up.