Forum › Posts by qilin

qilin
Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

yeeesh, that grim reaper really creeps me out whenever it decides to show up

it's been foreshadowed but seeing it actually happen is just devastating. hoping he hasn't croaked just yet

Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

Ack, this is so good, in spite of my persistent bias against Chinese web novels.

The plot setup actually reads more like stuff I'd see more in a Korean web novel actually. But the main relationship is quite appealing in that the two leads mesh together in a balanced way.

Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

Y'know, these past few chapters have been a breath of fresh air after all the stagnation we've had for a while.

For the longest time, Shino and Nozomi's relationship was at a standstill, with each of them tiptoeing around each other to avoid any sort of confrontation. Now it feels like their relationship is finally moving forward somehow. Not sure if it'll develop into a romantic sort of bond like everyone is hoping, but I'm just happy they're honestly communicating with each other now.

qilin
Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

I vaguely suspect that Ran might like Ami here.

Dunno why people are allergic to love triangles. They can be done surprisingly well at points

last edited at Nov 24, 2021 5:22AM

Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

Such a cute chapter. They really love each other a lot

If this ends up as nothing more than just the two of them having comfy meals together for the rest of the manga, I'd be satisfied.They have a mutual trusting relationship that can't be replaced by anyone else and that is what matters to me.

Also, page 78: Sachi sure is short. I never really noticed it

last edited at Oct 17, 2021 2:37AM

qilin
Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

The third offical english volume has that extra, buy it if you want to support the author, otherwise you can get it on nyaa.

Sadly, I only have a proper copy of the 1st volume. I'd buy it if I didn't have to jump through so many hoops just to acquire a copy locally. But good to know it's available somewhere at least

qilin
Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

As I said, the tank has a chapter called "The Difference Between Them" (i.e., the difference between Nana + Minori versus Fuyu + Haru) making everything as openly gay as gay can be.

Would be nice if that little piece gets translated (or I could read it myself if I had access to the raws), but I'm not getting my hopes up for now. But it's good to know that exists.

last edited at Oct 3, 2021 11:01AM

qilin
Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

I thought I'd gotten over this series years ago.... but then the author out of nowhere decides to release this bombshell as an extra. Man, I do get this is fanservice and all, but I can't help but want more after this cute update on Haru and Mafuyu's relationship.

last edited at Oct 3, 2021 8:36AM

Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

However it ends, I'll be satisfied with it.

There were still a few points that could have been better: The office setting felt underutilized, too much emphasis on the love triangle, and barebones supporting cast. But overall, the core relationships are solid and I truly want them to find happiness.

Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

On one hand, it's trash. On the other hand, it's my kind of trash.

Teacher best girl~

Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

Ack, this idiot couple is cute.

I usually avoid anthology stuff because too short, but I'd really like to read a proper length series with this dynamic.

EDIT:

Just checked, the author is also writing that running series with all the death flags. What a stark contrast in tone

last edited at Sep 15, 2021 1:15AM

Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

This chapter is another winner. I'm a true sucker for stories that sell their relationships based on a solid and mutual emotional connection between the main leads. Much more immersive that way. Tho I still cannot shake away the feeling that something is going to rip them apart very soon......

I wonder if this author has any other works that evoke similar feelings. Will have to see

Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

I only just discovered this. And it's so good!

The title gives me a slight inkling of something pulling them apart in the future, but hopefully that's just my pessimistic imagination at work.

Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

yep, that "mega-kimochi" from out of nowhere triggered me alright.

In other news, watching them all geek-out over their favorite anime was a heartwarming bit. Always a great feeling to have people to share the things you love with... I guess I'm kinda warming up to the inherent awkwardness of their relationship, as well as Ai's propensity for word vomit