Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

modern food is messing with our kids' body, they have puberty too early these days

...and IT'S TURNING THE FROGS GAY

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

modern food is messing with our kids' body, they have puberty too early these days

No, no, no, that's the CIA. This sounds like the work of Lyndon B. Johnson. And Fidel Castro. And the Freemasons.

joined Nov 21, 2018

Supposedly it's the work of additives in fast food, at least in the US.

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Just wanna pop in and say I have MahoAko/Vampeerz/Tadokoro (probably) chapters to do before I can get started on chapter 2 of this series, so it may be another couple weeks before I can get it done. Sorry!

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Just wanna pop in and say I have MahoAko/Vampeerz/Tadokoro (probably) chapters to do before I can get started on chapter 2 of this series, so it may be another couple weeks before I can get it done. Sorry!

Nice work!

And this series still confuses me.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

That ain't a fucking grade schooler there's no way

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

backstory hype

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

So good.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Okay, look.

Yeah, the comic is implausible. Absurd, even. People aren't wrong for pointing this out, and if it takes you out of the story, that's a legitimate POV.

It's also true that it's just a comedic manga, and it's okay to not take it too seriously. Both of these things are valid perspectives based on personal preference and opinion about what kind of stories you like to read. It's okay to want stories to have some grounding in reality, it's also okay to like stories that are batshit insane.

The thing I can't countenance are the people in this topic who are like "Oh, no, this is plausible, you guys, some girls just hit puberty a little early!"

Citation needed, motherf---ers. ;p Yeah, some girls hit puberty early. They might be a little taller than average. And have a relatively buxom figure. They might even plausibly pass for a short teenager.

They're still children. They're not 170 freaking cm tall with tits bigger than their head. This premise has no grounding in reality. It's okay if you like that, but don't get so defensive about it that you ignore reality. This girl is like 20cm above the top of the range of what is considered normal for her age. That's not an early bloomer, that's gigantism.

last edited at Sep 8, 2021 8:08PM

joined Aug 1, 2019

No, no, no, that's the CIA. This sounds like the work of Lyndon B. Johnson. And Fidel Castro. And the Freemasons.

I get that this is a joke but for anyone confused the myth started since some species of frog are sequential hermaphrodites. This means as they lose fertility in their older ages they switch their sexual organs to still participate in reproduction. The frogs aren't going "gay" persay their just shifting along their natural life cycle.

The issue is that some pollutants, such as Atrazine Herbicide, could potentially trigger the sequential hermaphrodism earlier than expected which might have long running sustainability issues for these species.

https://www.pnas.org/content/99/8/5476

I do want to make it clear to not attach human concepts of reproduction or sexuality to these species as their reproductive process is extremely far from how humans or other related mammalian species operate.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Okay, look.

Yeah, the comic is implausible. Absurd, even. People aren't wrong for pointing this out, and if it takes you out of the story, that's a legitimate POV.

It's also true that it's just a comedic manga, and it's okay to not take it too seriously. Both of these things are valid perspectives based on personal preference and opinion about what kind of stories you like to read. It's okay to want stories to have some grounding in reality, it's also okay to like stories that are batshit insane.

The thing I can't countenance are the people in this topic who are like "Oh, no, this is plausible, you guys, some girls just hit puberty a little early!"

Citation needed, motherf---ers. ;p Yeah, some girls hit puberty early. They might be a little taller than average. And have a relatively buxom figure. They might even plausibly pass for a short teenager.

They're still children. They're not 170 freaking cm tall with tits bigger than their head. This premise has no grounding in reality. It's okay if you like that, but don't get so defensive about it that you ignore reality. This girl is like 20cm above the top of the range of what is considered normal for her age. That's not an early bloomer, that's gigantism.

Yeah, "This is actually a realistic representation of any 10 year old who has ever existed" is not the stance to take as to why this character is okay. This character is okay because how absurd their existence is is the primary joke of the series. I really doubt the author is expecting me to find this person who entirely looks like a grown ass woman being actually 10 years old believable.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

...This girl is like 20cm above the top of the range of what is considered normal for her age. That's not an early bloomer, that's gigantism.

Which folks gotta remember is the center, the hook of the entire series. The whole thing is aware of and messes with the ridiculousness of its content - the main character has her fated encounter with a silky-smooth temptress and, for lack of a better word, the rather "mundane" romance shenanigans that ensue juxtaposed with the fact that said temptress is a literal ten or eleven-year-old. The whole thing within itself gets a kick out of the "I'm going to jail!" jokes and the imminent punchline is constantly looming over the horizon - "ah yes, a fifth-grader, obviously."

There isn't much of a reason to put, really, any weight into what's shown, no reason to try and connect it to reality; it's just an exaggerated story for laughs. This one is definitely more of a hit or miss than most, and in my opinion, it's okay if it's one and it's okay if it's the other.

last edited at Sep 8, 2021 9:01PM

joined May 24, 2014

Yes, goal!

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

What a fucking lady killer jesus
I also love the gap moe between her looking and acting like an adult at times but then acting like a kid at other times
Reminds me of Hotaru

joined Jul 26, 2016

Mai's ridiculously suave ladykiller moves are never not going to be funny

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-ydiwshq0rx
joined Jan 5, 2021

:D

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This title is so much better! I can somehow hear the younger one saying "Kyotskenayoooo oneesaaaaan!"

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

this girl is a natural lady killer

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I like how she's literally sweating.

Girl, me too.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

The best thing I've got from this manga is this new word "schlafzimmerblick". From the comments section.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Okay, look.

She wasn't quite that tall (closer to 160cm) but I had a student once that yeah, looked old enough to be a college student with a, very - very well developed body, let's say. She was in fact 12 years old at the time. To be honest, I don't think the physical qualities are stretching imagination that far, what's more implausible is her suave ladykiller personality. That, is something I've never seen before in real life from even an adult, much less an elementary schooler.

joined Jul 20, 2016

Fucking finally it got serialized it was about time

joined Oct 12, 2017

A-and then, 10 years later, a certain young woman went out to find the nice lady she kept teasing the shit out of when she was a kid......??????
I'm dying over here, please send help. Still gonna read it, but fffsssss.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

and i don't really care about the age gap anymore,i mean,it's just a manga

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

something doesnt feel right,, but I,, still like it

To reply you must either login or sign up.