Forum › Yandere Yuri Manga discussion

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

I would've slapped the shit out of her if she bit my ear

joined Feb 1, 2021

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

joined May 16, 2021

Oh no, princess daphie don’t stop. : (
Please continue to translate all the works of Shiomi Naru.

joined Jun 8, 2020

"yandere yuri manga"

how did you know i am a simple person

joined Sep 1, 2021

Yeah this is one of those "This is a more realistic interpretation of a yandere" which is... so much less fun than a zany cartoon yandere

Yeah, the closer a character's behaviour is to like mundane real world behaviour the more likely I am to feel the same way about them as I would a real person which in this case means I feel repulsed and like I don't want to read about this character anymore. Terrible people need to be terrible in an outlandish fashion for me to suspend my disbelief enough to like them.

They need to be outlandish, or they need to have earnt some empathy, y'know? Like, they're a horrible person, but I understand why they are that way, or why they're doing something horrible. They need to be outlandish, or relatable.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

my favorite bit about this was the despair in the translator's voice

You figured me out, hahaha!

As for all the thank you's and support comments, I appreciate it all, thank you back! I will consider doing more, a bit more seriously since even this title is appreciated! I sure hope they make something more akin to their first series though, I preferred it, haha!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Where is truck-kun when we need him

Oh, great, just fob her off on the next isekai that comes through the pipe!

I Was a Yandere, But Now I'm in an Isekai of an Otome Game

Kuchinashi-chan: Oh, that's a nice boat !

last edited at Sep 5, 2021 12:53AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ah...the type of yandere that isn't fun to read about lol

joined Aug 29, 2019

Ah...the type of yandere that isn't fun to read about lol

Not really dere, right? Reminded me of To meet you again, which isn't tagged Yandere because she's simply a creepy, possessive stalker.

last edited at Sep 5, 2021 7:26AM

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

i personally enjoy this artist’s work, like i can separate fiction and reality and still enjoy the creepiness of their work that doesnt feel realistic at all

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

that’s a rather boring “yandere.” Just some creepy piece of shit who doesn’t know when to fuck off

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

As for all the thank you's and support comments, I appreciate it all, thank you back! I will consider doing more, a bit more seriously since even this title is appreciated! I sure hope they make something more akin to their first series though, I preferred it, haha!

This particular story seems a good one to critique.
Not exactly hate-reading, but a thoughtful "hmm, why does this get to me".

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Genuinely perturbed at the idea that yanderes are meant to be "likeable," but I guess I'm learning new things everyday!

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

I usually like yanderes but this b##ch is kind of an asshole.

joined Aug 9, 2019

the character in this isn't engaging at all, and there's immediately no interest shown from the LI. Usually the LI and yandere get involved platonically before the yandere's true colours are revealed, to add a level of disconnect and mixed feelings. this person is simply detestable from the getgo, and is basically just a sexual harasser.

joined Aug 9, 2019

Genuinely perturbed at the idea that yanderes are meant to be "likeable," but I guess I'm learning new things everyday!

Well, yes. They're supposed to be wolves in sheep's clothing, aren't they? As well as having that unhinged charm to them. This character doesn't have that, she just comes across like a frat boy who doesn't know what No means.

joined Apr 4, 2017

yuri yandere? finally some good fucking food.

boob posted:
yuri yandere? finally some good fucking food.

do u mean manga? lenny face

last edited at Sep 9, 2021 1:28AM by

joined May 30, 2021

After reading english scans vs chinese scans for years, I think western fans prefer fluff/"not problematic" character stories only. They seem extremely sensitive to anything remotely a little dark or bad, as if these stories are meant to be moral bibles for people to learn relationships from. It's a bit unfortunate since those kind of pure love/fluffy stories are kind of dime a dozen. Even normal drama in more vanilla stories are complained about... If there isn't something messed up about the characters it's just boring to me ^^;;

This is really tame for yandere.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

After reading english scans vs chinese scans for years, I think western fans prefer fluff/"not problematic" character stories only. They seem extremely sensitive to anything remotely a little dark or bad, as if these stories are meant to be moral bibles for people to learn relationships from. It's a bit unfortunate since those kind of pure love/fluffy stories are kind of dime a dozen. Even normal drama in more vanilla stories are complained about... If there isn't something messed up about the characters it's just boring to me ^^;;

I'd say if it's like, REALLY fucked up it's easier to uphold the suspension of belief and kindof, distance yourself from it. Also depends on how it's portrayed. But when it's simple but still kinda yikes and protrayed as cute the gap is kinda hard to digest sometimes.

joined Jun 8, 2020

marvelous

joined Mar 15, 2021

Fumi, leave her! Quick! You might be in danger if you don’t.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I guess as long as they're happy?

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

I guess as long as they're happy?

Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii in a nutshell.

joined May 28, 2018

I was also wondering why it seems like only wholesome, no conflict stories (which are "boring, no plot at all stories" to me) are wholeheartedly accepted around here. So is it a Western/Eastern thing?

To reply you must either login or sign up.