Forum › Yandere Yuri Manga discussion

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

After reading english scans vs chinese scans for years, I think western fans prefer fluff/"not problematic" character stories only. They seem extremely sensitive to anything remotely a little dark or bad, as if these stories are meant to be moral bibles for people to learn relationships from. It's a bit unfortunate since those kind of pure love/fluffy stories are kind of dime a dozen. Even normal drama in more vanilla stories are complained about... If there isn't something messed up about the characters it's just boring to me ^^;;

This is really tame for yandere.

I was also wondering why it seems like only wholesome, no conflict stories (which are "boring, no plot at all stories" to me) are wholeheartedly accepted around here. So is it a Western/Eastern thing?

I'd say it's 100% not an eastern/western thing, only a vocal comments sections thing in east/west.
Those who choose to comment on things seem to generally be very conflict averse. Even very small insignificant conflicts.
Those who are content tend to stay quiet, or they might be loudmouths who like to argue like me ;)

It is a very frustrating phenomenon, where people seem to actively hate anything that has any basis in reality and basically only want strips of pictures of couples happily holding hands and doing SoL things together without any of the reality that comes with SoL.

Comments sections would vary a lot depending on where they come from though. I expect the inability to get a satisfying resolution fast enough because manga chapters on this site are published weekly/monthly/quarterly is a lot of the reason for the hatred of conflict here. If everything is wrapped up within one chapter, people tend not to be so mad.

joined May 16, 2021

If it goes like this wholesome, I hope the author makes more chapters of this title and well, a little aggressiveness will also do. All of her works were too brief in chapters.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I’m not sure what everyone’s complaining about, this is adorable, and the best part is, it’s not a real relationship!

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

THANK YOU, so the blondie actually likes the Yandere gal! I knew it! she kinda liked it all along xD

I still prefer "cool" yandere like Gasai Yuno, Shion and of course Satou from HSL, but it's still all not real so it's ocai!

last edited at Sep 18, 2021 7:48PM

joined Sep 12, 2021

After reading english scans vs chinese scans for years, I think western fans prefer fluff/"not problematic" character stories only. They seem extremely sensitive to anything remotely a little dark or bad, as if these stories are meant to be moral bibles for people to learn relationships from. It's a bit unfortunate since those kind of pure love/fluffy stories are kind of dime a dozen. Even normal drama in more vanilla stories are complained about... If there isn't something messed up about the characters it's just boring to me ^^;;

This is really tame for yandere.

I was also wondering why it seems like only wholesome, no conflict stories (which are "boring, no plot at all stories" to me) are wholeheartedly accepted around here. So is it a Western/Eastern thing?

I'd say it's 100% not an eastern/western thing, only a vocal comments sections thing in east/west.
Those who choose to comment on things seem to generally be very conflict averse. Even very small insignificant conflicts.
Those who are content tend to stay quiet, or they might be loudmouths who like to argue like me ;)

It is a very frustrating phenomenon, where people seem to actively hate anything that has any basis in reality and basically only want strips of pictures of couples happily holding hands and doing SoL things together without any of the reality that comes with SoL.

Comments sections would vary a lot depending on where they come from though. I expect the inability to get a satisfying resolution fast enough because manga chapters on this site are published weekly/monthly/quarterly is a lot of the reason for the hatred of conflict here. If everything is wrapped up within one chapter, people tend not to be so mad.

I agree. The ones who are satisfied don't comment and the ones who aren't flood their negative opinions in the comment section.

joined Nov 9, 2017

very interested and for several reasons so let's get yandere in here-ay woot woot

To reply you must either login or sign up.