Forum › Posts by mistlarva

mistlarva
joined Aug 9, 2019

Each chapter feels like a hit to the gut and it's so beautifully composed.

I think the new character introduced this chapter will be somewhat of a normalizing influence—perhaps leading into commentary or nudging on Aya's relationship being toxic and grooming in a way? I dont think that she'll open up about that or anything, but I think showing more "normal" people will have interesting effects on Aya's perception of her current situation.

mistlarva
joined Aug 9, 2019

Yeah the dudes being nice here is definitely great! I want more stories/oneshots where the guys are just supportive as hell like this.

It's certainly nice. Guys in Yuri typically either don't exist or exist only as a drama device. Bloom Into You and Tamen De Gushi are about the only things I can think of off the top of my head where male characters are actual characters rather than just a plot device.

Jun in My Half of You is a fine character as well, honestly.

mistlarva
joined Aug 9, 2019

Seeing the story progressing so far , I don't think it'll go the romance route , subtext at best.

So im just going to my corner and punching air real quick

i think you'll be in for a pleasant surprise.

mistlarva
joined Aug 9, 2019

I'm really happy this story was uploaded here, as i wouldn't have found it otherwise. more manga is always a good thing

mistlarva
joined Aug 9, 2019

Genuinely perturbed at the idea that yanderes are meant to be "likeable," but I guess I'm learning new things everyday!

Well, yes. They're supposed to be wolves in sheep's clothing, aren't they? As well as having that unhinged charm to them. This character doesn't have that, she just comes across like a frat boy who doesn't know what No means.

mistlarva
joined Aug 9, 2019

the character in this isn't engaging at all, and there's immediately no interest shown from the LI. Usually the LI and yandere get involved platonically before the yandere's true colours are revealed, to add a level of disconnect and mixed feelings. this person is simply detestable from the getgo, and is basically just a sexual harasser.