Forum › Ise-san and Shima-san discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

aaaaaaa i didn't know it was the last chapter but i'm totally fine with the ending

Oh my God they were roommates! :O

But, but . . . they're both girls! How is that even possible?

joined May 23, 2021

How long until they finally just realize they're already dating?

5 more years

joined Jul 26, 2016

aaaaaaa i didn't know it was the last chapter but i'm totally fine with the ending

Oh my God they were roommates! :O

But, but . . . they're both girls! How is that even possible?

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Sad to come to this point, but it was bound to happen anyway, and at least it was on a good note. Weird thing though, a couple of pages in I started listening to a Youtube video (『 U l t i m a t e K a r s 』- "Pillar Man Theme (Awaken)" the 1 hr replay) and the vocals started just when Ise asked Shima to stay the night together and it fit. Perfectly. Every time there was a plot twist or change of story tone, the music fit. Perfectly.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Bah, i feel the author want to go yuri but the editorial don`t allow even with one yuri mc.

joined Aug 17, 2021

While I don't necessarily mind that they didn't put a label on it, ... lack of one is almost what separated them in this chapter :P The label clearly mattered to them enough that Shima was fully ready to accept the separation ("we're not family, we're not dating, I have no right to stop you"), and this was only saved by the benevolent author.

I suppose I didn't say the most important thing - despite all that, I really liked the story, and I wish there was more of it.

Though more accurately it was the lack of communication that nearly separated them not the label. I think calling it something or not I’m glad they can finally be honest that their bliss is each other. And for me, I don’t like traditional romance in my life (tho yuri manga sure is great) and ise and shima gave me the image of what I want to build with people around me.
Imo I don’t care if they fuck in shima’s room (cause apparently they’re in there a lot) or are completely asexual, I think it matters that they aren’t girlfriends, they’re simply “Ise-san and Shima-san” :)

last edited at Sep 1, 2021 12:22PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

What an ending, I mean this was basically a confession without the "I love you" or kiss, which is fine in it's own way, although I feel like they should have said they loved each other at least because Shima seems to want more of a defined relationship. But I do expect them to get the one bedroom apartment in Osaka and maybe just start making out one day like Kasumi and Sakurako definitely do on the side.

Edit:

I can appreciate these relationships without labels but idk it definitely felt a little forced that Shima was literally like "I don't have the right to stop you because we aren't even dating" and would have just let Ise go if it wasn't for them getting transferred together, and somehow that didn't lead to a confession or even an "I love you" to prove that they do have something special.

They don't need to formally confess and ask each other out but there should at least be some vocalization of how they feel about each other to stop situations like that happening in the future.

last edited at Sep 1, 2021 2:37PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Nothing to see here, just two life partners professing their wish to stay together forever while in the same bed. Absolutely definitely not gay at all.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Even if it's not Yuri, this is still as sweet as the kind of yuri I love to read from this site. Even something as simple as them saying stuff that makes the other go "You're gonna make me blush!" is a delicious moment of fluff that you don't get from two established characters. So even if they haven't reached a level of a relationship most would consider a couple, their activities they do as a pair, and the way they play off of each other, is literally just as much if not more, because it's less arbitrary and more grounded than a pair who are just written to be attracted to each other.

So, in short, this will have been one of my favorite Yuri mangas I've read. <3

joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm personally conflicted about this ending.

On the one hand, it makes sense to keep things platonic between Ise and Shima, even if it's a bit strange that they're using their last names after all this time.

On the other hand, it doesn't feel as though much has changed between them. Not every series like this has to be yuri, but (ideally) romance arcs involve a sense of progression, with the characters changing over time and growing closer. It seemed as though the idea of a transfer was abruptly brought up in the last chapter just to provide some semblance of a climax.

Speaking of the transfer, it might have been interesting to see Ise and Shima have to go their separate ways, with Shima supporting Ise's decision to leave for the sake of her career rather than insist that she stays, which would result in a more bittersweet ending. The boss suddenly announcing that Shima's going with Ise feels like a copout.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

This page brought back in an immediate and visceral way what my last breakup was like. I don't know if anybody who hasn't been through it can understand how absolutely devastating and wasted the morning after that particular kind of sleepless night can feel. A lot happened in this chapter, and I really like the way in which it played out was used to show how the relationship between Ise and Shima works. It's clear that neither of them think they're in a romantic relationship with each other, but it's equally clear that they're not just friends (even close friends) or roommates. I really want this series to come back someday just to see where the two of them end up. This is one of my favorite stories on this site.

last edited at Sep 1, 2021 3:55PM

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Also what is up with Ise's tights in that last chapter? They're not stirrup tights, but they don't have socks, or maybe the front half of the feet are white…? I find them confusing and disturbing.

last edited at Sep 1, 2021 4:03PM

joined May 29, 2021

On the one hand, it makes sense to keep things platonic

If you think this is platonic I think you might need to take a closer look at your relationships. This is definitely a step beyond platonic.

joined Mar 15, 2015

On the one hand, it makes sense to keep things platonic

If you think this is platonic I think you might need to take a closer look at your relationships. This is definitely a step beyond platonic.

Perhaps I should rephrase that to say "not explicitly romantic" (i.e. one of the two telling the other that she loves her, having their feelings reciprocated and officially calling themselves a couple).

Wallpaper_2~2
joined Jul 4, 2021

So this the end .

The author made a short masterpiece with this work, starting from the catching art and character design to the behaviour and the characterization of these girls.

The characters felt "real" and believable in their actions and reactions , their daily life , their different tastes, morning routines and preferences they were unique.

In my opinion the ending was fair , coherent with the direction the relationship between them until that moment, sure something have bloom in last pages yet it is up now to us to imagine it.

A little touch of detail, the same words Ise told Shina at the park in the flash back are used by Shima in the panel during the "confession" part.

I hope this gets licensed in English digital version , I'll gladly support this author for the wholesome moments I had reading this work

last edited at Sep 1, 2021 9:09PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

I enjoyed this.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh my god they're roommates

Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

not dating? lmao I want more

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

reread this masterpiece and i'd like to point something out :,)
https://imgur.com/k7nfUY2
i've no clue how to add an image to this forum ... apologies !!

joined Aug 17, 2021

image of challenge list with “have sex” written on it
Shima: ise-chin did you secretly get a boyfriend!
Ise: deadpan no we spend all our time together you know
Shima: ah. Then why’s this on the list?
Ise: well since neither of us ever have when we find someone to fall in love with we will suck at it
Shima: Speak for yourself!
Ise:*sparkly awe-filled eyes* you have?!
Shima: yea… totally that one time… I think… well what even counts as…
both depressed

Hijinks ensue

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Impossible! Perhaps the archives are imcomplete...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

not dating? lmao I want more

Another entry in the booming Married But Not Dating genre.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

reread this masterpiece and i'd like to point something out :,)
https://imgur.com/k7nfUY2
i've no clue how to add an image to this forum ... apologies !!

By typing " ", without the quotes, and putting in the image address where IMAGEURL is (which could be https://i.imgur.com/k7nfUY2.png in this case)

but that's amazing

20220617_152146
joined Apr 2, 2020

It's real sad this manga finally came to an end... loved it anyways!

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

I thought I would be okay with this type of ending, but it turns out I'm not. Here is my summary of the never to be released volume three that was leaked to me and no one else:

Ise and Shima decide that because rent is so expensive in Osaka they will be fine sharing a bedroom to save money. They have lots of adorable mini-adventures exploring Osaka together, but the biggest adventure of them all is the one in the bedroom.

Each night they go a little farther. Holding hands, getting really close, playing with each other's hair, spooning, playing footsie, hands explore each other's hips and legs as they spoon, nuzzling their heads into the back of one another's necks. There's lots of doki-doki as we get glimpses of what they are thinking.

Eventually Shima is tired of waiting for Ise to make a move, and when they are spooning she starts kissing her neck. She hugs her tightly and kisses her ear and Ise lets out a little moan.

Ise turns around, "You know if you do that, you're gonna give me the wrong idea."

Shima with a pouty mouth, "Well I wish you would get the idea, already." She puts her arms around Ise's neck and gives her a big kiss on the lips. Ise's face goes bright red, and Shima takes the opportunity to move on top of her. The scene fades out as they start making out. (Turns out Shima is the top.)

Two years later, they are being promoted and transferred again. This time they are excited. As they discuss the transfer with their boss they are holding hands under the table and both have rings on.

The End.

last edited at Sep 2, 2021 3:00PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.