Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

joined Mar 8, 2019

Wakana definitely needed closure. As for Sara maybe the confession confirmed her feelings for her boyfriend? Now she knows he isn't a rebound. Sure she has has lingering feelings but she feels stronger for her boyfriend. I hope Wakana learns her lesson though. Don't wait around and just go for it with Yuina!

I wonder what sort of "Training" will our mains be up to...

joined Apr 10, 2019

I thought her saying she has a boyfriend was just an excuse cause she was scared of telling her how she actually feels, guess I was wrong.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

It really do feel like the series about to end anytime soon huh. I hope that won't be the case but what else is there to add? Unless they go futaribeya route and show college and what not.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Well, I think it would've been shitty if she had just given up on her current bf or handwaved it with "oh I never actually loved him anyway." like some stories do. Yeah, she probably has some feelings still, but truth of the matter is that Wakana was just too late--she's already committed now (in an assumedly happy, mutually requited relationship). Girl's just bi yknow?
(And yea, she could've been the one to take initiative back then--but that's not more her fault than it is Wakana.)

Also, I don't remember if there's been signs of her having feelings for Wakana; I might just have to reread it. But I kinda hope that Yuina was just messing around. It just feels kinda... cheap? when the story goes "oh, your best friend was the one destined for you all along!"
'Cause then, as others have mentioned, I don't see the point in this whole extra arc for anything else than some extra drama. Just let the girl find someone else? There's plenty of fish out in the sea.

Hmmm...

Yuina and Wakana, I could CRY! It feels kind of forced and rushed given the current situation but I could see it working in the end.

I don't know. I kinda got the feeling that Yuina was crushing on Wakana for a while now. I even entertained the idea that she was, somehow, the same girl that had taken piano lessons with her because she looked quite similar and because of the way she reacted to the story. Now I'm thinking that she's the cousin who invited Sara to come to their school festival. If that's the case, I'm sure she knew her cousin was dating someone already and probably did it in order to get Wakana to move on from her crush.

That said, volunteering to be Wakana's rebound girl isn't necessarily the smartest decision in the world! But that's not saying that it has no chance of working...

I am curious about what kind of training Sora is planning on putting her girlfriend through to get her over her tendency to collapse under pressure.

last edited at Aug 26, 2021 4:10PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Well, it's sad that Wakana got rejected, but I think this arc was handled well, despite it's somewhat impromptu AND rushed nature

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I had forgotten how the chapter ended and I kept wondering why people talked about training lol

Anyway, this manga definitely has a habit of making a mess of how it handles things, but I'd say this was a pretty solid conclusion to the Sarah issue (even if the arc itself felt a bit rushed). I'm actually kind of relieved that the boyfriend was real and she didn't just dump him to get together with Wakana, it's not often you see people actually moving on in manga... Also, with how abruptly this issue was brought up, I think it would have seemed cheap if she just appeared and they became a couple out of nowhere.

I feel that even if the author has actually thought of all these events beforehand (which seems very likely, since we had Wakana mention regrets way back in chapter... 9, was it?), they have a hard time introducing them properly into the storyline. I got the same feeling with the Mum arc as well: the incompetent parents had been mentioned before, but the timing of her actual appearance was just too plot-convenient to feel natural.

This was far from bad though, and I'm definitely looking forward to the training (now that I remembered about it XD)

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

the wakana rejection is painfully bittersweet but I suppose that was to be expect. In other new

Yuina! you go girl! that's real go getter of you to just jump on that opportunity I hope you get your happiness too.

Yuri Newbie Fan
joined May 16, 2021

Shipping for Wakana and Yuina…Yuina was saying that as a joke but I had a hunch she hid her feelings for Wakana.

Homura
joined Apr 30, 2021

Training!

joined Aug 27, 2021

I got mix feeling about Wakana and Sara relationship right now... They basically would be a canon ship if they were honest with each other but well they just missed the chance.

last edited at Aug 27, 2021 5:23AM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I also have mixed feelings about this arc, but at least we can move forward with the Wakana and Yuina ship. Who knows, Sara might even become a wingwoman. Also, yay! Ayaka and Sora are about to go into the Hyberbolic Time Chamber

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

At this point there's just one thought lingering in my head...if Ayaka and Sora's relationship is supported by Ayaka's family and acknowledged by Sora's mom...what's stopping Ayaka from temporarily moving in with Sora?

joined Aug 30, 2021

Woaaah this one is good hahahahahahaha

joined Aug 30, 2021

Honda and sakurai are so cuteeeee.

joined Aug 30, 2021

Yo chapte6 is so funny when the new student arrived hahahahaha

Img-0803
joined Jun 25, 2021

it hurts, but its what happens when you don't shoot your shot in time ;-;

joined Feb 21, 2019

joining in for the shipping of Wakana and Yuina!

last edited at Aug 30, 2021 9:51PM

joined May 30, 2020

I'm all on board the Wakana x Yuina ship!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Well that's a fun little extra

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

DAYUM. That dress is a certain kill for our little Sora!

joined May 15, 2021

Chinese dress = Horny overload
And thats a fact

Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Ayaka Sakurai is unfortunately the kind of girl who will land you as a girlfriend and then speak crudely of you to others:

Honda-san is so awesome. That is all.

That was a pretty heavy ultimatum, but they should just both go to school in Hokkaido. You don't fuck around with free college

Not to mention with Sapporo licensing gay marriage (and Sapporo is basically Hokkaido) ...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-lgbt-marriage/the-light-of-hope-japanese-same-sex-couple-overjoyed-by-marriage-ruling-idUSKBN2BE0T2

last edited at Sep 25, 2021 5:24PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Sora has overheated and must shut down.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Oh my godddd cuteness overload on chapter 21, god I wish that were me

joined Feb 1, 2021

"...then you can't touch me for a month!"

(entire chapter of nothing but touching each other)

To reply you must either login or sign up.