Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

Tumblr_f6d05058b480ae6dc93b7be97267484b_75e8b751_1280
joined May 31, 2020

Damn, Yuina is shooting her shot. We love that. We appreciate that. Go Yuina, make Wakana happy! I support both of your love lives.

The friend is cool but I like Wakana with Yuina better.

Buffyismyhero32
Shizuru%20and%20natsuki
joined Jun 18, 2020

I've actually been anticipating the whole Wakana/Yuina pairing for some time now. Basically ever since they joined forces to push Ayaka and Sora together. I agree that they are a complimentary match, and I feel like that was intended by the mangaka as well. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but like Sora and Ayaka, Yuina and Wakana are opposite signs. Wakana is a Sagittarius (my sign as well, and she totally is), and Yuina is a Gemini; those two signs are known as opposite signs of the Zodiac. In other words, they tend to have certain qualities that the other lacks. Furthermore, I feel like Yuina supports Wakana's confession not only because she wants what is best for her friend, but also because she knows that Waka needs closure before she can move on to someone else cough Yuina cough. Given how bad Wakana is at reading signals, though, and how much of a tease Yuina is, it may be a while before we see these two genuinely get together.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I know the whole "confessing your love after the chance has passed and they're already dating someone else" trope is popular and makes for some heartwarming moments in fiction and all that, but I don't get it.
Like, try doing that to someone in real life and chances are pretty high they'll either recoil or the situation will just immediately turn awkward as heck. I told my best friend (at the time) that I used to have a crush on her when we first met, and her reaction was like, "oh god, yikes, thank goodness you stopped feeling that way," and then it set in motion the end of our friendship a couple months later.

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 10:06PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I'm honestly completely fine with this outcome. They both got their feelings out in the open, which was the most important part i think bc both of them had already moved on from their feelings in one way or another. It was just the regret of never getting to tell the other person that held them back. Now they can look forward to the future together as good friends, Yuina is getting her shot at scoring Wakana and we get some nice bisexual rep with Sara.

All's well that ends well imho.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I know the whole "confessing your love after the chance has passed and they're already dating someone else" trope is popular and makes for some heartwarming moments in fiction and all that, but I don't get it.
Like, try doing that to someone in real life and chances are pretty high they'll either recoil or the situation will just immediately turn awkward as heck. I told my best friend (at the time) that I used to have a crush on her when we first met, and her reaction was like, "oh god, yikes, thank goodness you stopped feeling that way," and then it set in motion the end of our friendship a couple months later.

Telling someone you used to like them out of the blue is kinda akward yeah. But if you still like them it's better to get it off you chest even if there's absolutely no chance just to help move on. The used to is so fucking weird though, like, why say it?

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 10:26PM

joined Apr 6, 2021

Ahhhhh my heart! That confession was too painfully bittersweet for me. Thank god yuina is there to pick up the pieces!

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 10:33PM

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

This felt like it's been going on for long time... Then you realise, IT'S ONLY ON CHAPTER TWENTY! This is actually a pretty short series but because of chapter release rate, it feels triple the length. Probably ending soon but it has been good.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Right? I was like wtf am I reading. Would people normally react this way? Sometimes it's better to keep things to oneself rather than let it out in the hopes that they feel better lol. "I used to have a crush on you...I used to get off from imagining you and me together...but let's still remain the best of friends ok? Ehe ehe." It's just inappropriate at that point.

joined Apr 6, 2021

This felt like it's been going on for long time... Then you realise, IT'S ONLY ON CHAPTER TWENTY! This is actually a pretty short series but because of chapter release rate, it feels triple the length. Probably ending soon but it has been good.

Ahhhh no don’t jinx it! I want this one to make it to at least 40 chapters!

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

I knew it! Now they better get married!

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cant_defy_the_lonely_girl_ch20#17

And I'm not gonna break up with him...

HOLY MOLY I STARTED DYING OF LAUGHTER WHEN SHE SAID THAT LMAO

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

When she said 'I loved you too...! of course I also love the guy I'm dating now too. And I'm not going to break up with him... But... If you're OK with that', I thought she'd say 'You don't mind beein' my side piece right?'. I know that's out of character but I completely forgot what was happening and it gave me that vibe.
Waka and Yuina, totes adorbs.

Bbg
joined Dec 19, 2014

When she said 'I loved you too...! of course I also love the guy I'm dating now too. And I'm not going to break up with him... But... If you're OK with that', I thought she'd say 'You don't mind beein' my side piece right?'.

Lmao, that was what I was thinking.

joined May 15, 2021

Right? I was like wtf am I reading. Would people normally react this way? Sometimes it's better to keep things to oneself rather than let it out in the hopes that they feel better lol. "I used to have a crush on you...I used to get off from imagining you and me together...but let's still remain the best of friends ok? Ehe ehe." It's just inappropriate at that point.

Uuuuh depends on what you consider a "normal" reaction, i once got to see such scene btw my best bud and one of his friends (a girl) i was peeking, im not proud of it but meh and it was very pacific, the next day both of them were talking like always, guess it depends on the person, if i were to recieve such confession i would be surprised sure but reaching to the point of saying "yikes" i must say that girl was not a good friend

joined Jan 14, 2020

I've had "I know you're dating but I have to confess" work out for me, in the sense of getting a clear rejection that helped me move on. Since I was a guy in a largely male school, it often seemed to strengthen my friendships, when the friend got to observe that I wasn't going to disappear on her after losing a chance of romance.

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Everyone is focused on the confession (which I thought was pretty well handled, in the sense that a) it ended how I hoped it would and b) it didn't leave any deep hurt feelings), instead of the REAL important thing in this chapter:

YUINA X WAKANA IS FINALLY ABOUT TO SAIL!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSS, I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE CHAPTER 10!

(also, Wakana's little sister's friendship with Ayaka is too adorable)

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 11:44PM

joined May 31, 2019

somewhere a faceless boyfriend sighs in relief....

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Ahhhh no don’t jinx it! I want this one to make it to at least 40 chapters!

That's what it feels like! Every time we're on a happy ending, something else pops up. I'm excited to see what else these two plan on doing!

joined Jun 11, 2016

Uuuuh depends on what you consider a "normal" reaction, i once got to see such scene btw my best bud and one of his friends (a girl) i was peeking, im not proud of it but meh and it was very pacific, the next day both of them were talking like always, guess it depends on the person, if i were to recieve such confession i would be surprised sure but reaching to the point of saying "yikes" i must say that girl was not a good friend

Hear hear. I agree that there's no standard "normal" reaction for this situation. Hear Sara was obvious a bit in love with Wakana, so even though it has passed, she still adore Wakana, though just as a friend now. Honestly I find the confession pretty well-handled.

Truthfully, I also confessed to my best friend about how I used to like her when we first befriended, and she was also dating a boy at that time (yes, I'm a walking cliché). My bff just like "oh what did you like about me?" and then I proceed to roast her, as a good friend should. We're still best friend 'till now, and nothing awkward happened because of that.

last edited at Aug 26, 2021 12:16AM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Betting on Yuina and Wakana ending up together.

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Fuck, that was a pretty s(b)ad development. Wakana x Yuina still needs to become reality though.

joined Jan 30, 2021

LAME! They never actually got wakana to hook up with anybody she's just another lose end that'll never be tied up

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Okay Yuina what a suave confession

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

T R A I N I N G T I M E

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

"Shall I be the one to make you happy? Aha ha, just kidding... Unless?"

To reply you must either login or sign up.