Forum › Jyoshikou Dakara Safe discussion

joined May 24, 2014

Momo is too dumb to live, she needs nanase.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Momo might finally do something, go Momo!

joined Sep 11, 2019

The way the author is going about these developments are not great. There could've been a myriad of other ways for Momo to go ham with her feelings and for Nanase to stop being such a dingus. But what do I know?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

It's been drawn out with nonsense for so long, just give us the bloody confession please author.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

This is so wrong in so many ways and I don't like the fact they're siding with Mary like tf- Bish what she did was a whole another level

I'm still reading it though fot the confession lol

last edited at Aug 11, 2021 2:24PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

This is so wrong in so many ways and I don't like the fact they're siding with Mary like tf- Bish what she did was a whole another level

I'm still reading it though fot the confession lol

Every good story needs a villain , i get that as a person Mary is despicable, dumb and short sighted but as a plot device she works wonders for the story she's the hero they needed but not the one they deserve

last edited at Aug 11, 2021 3:19PM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That's a hilarious way to end the chapter.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

A contractually obligated panty shot lol

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

"But...why were you crying?"

I don't know, maybe because she was witnessing her friend be sexually assaulted!? It's not like she just walked in on a mutual kiss and realized she missed her chance with Nanase; she saw something deeply traumatic!

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Mary is fucking disgusting and poorly implemented into the story but at this point fuck Nanase, too. Wtf is this dumb "if she was your gf none of this would've happened" shit, lmao. Mary raped Nanase but Nanase was turned into this "go along with everything and think about it later" lame-ass average shoujo babe.

Look at chapter 16 and how she changed from there. She literally shouted that they are lovers and to leave them alone, now she let's herself get fucked in front of her lover and enjoys it, ight. And only after she thinks "this might've been bad and hurt Momo".

This is the weakest "omg realize your feelings everyone" hurr durr bullshit an author has pulled in a long time. No need to force and change every character on a whim to progress. If you suck ass at writing and don't know how to progess just ask to cancel your own series ffs

Momo should just move on to someone else at this point, Nana is trash now.

I agree that Mary is a piece of trash and should not exist at all but...
Please tell me that the word "blackmail" means something to you..
It's one thing to feel physical stimuli and physically react to it and whether you like the situation you're in or not is another separate matter.

Mary managed to take a video of a risque moment that Momo and Nanase are in and threatened them with said video evidence.
Nanase went along with Mary's demands because she doesn't want the video getting spread out into wherever and thus leading into unsavory rumours from the people around them.

You also have to remember that these two are still in highschool. Let alone highschool kids, not even most adults in the West where people are more open and individualistic about things would automatically think "I'll sue you for blackmail!" when being blackmailed.
Considering how important social reputation is for many Asian cultures, you'd naturally want to keep mum about these things.

[ For context as not to downplay the importance of social reputation in many Asian cultures:
You get stuck with it for the rest of your life or untill everyone around you forgets about it (people don't forget that easily).
If you just so happened to be around people very unaccepting of you being different in some way, you're gonna get hounded out for it for a long while. Peer pressure is not a laughing matter. ]

Now, imagine if Nanase did say no to Mary with the mindset of "she won't do it anyway" and Mary actually does post the video. What then?
Nanase might not care about what happens to herself but Momo definitely will care about what people will end up thinking about them.

And don't forget, many unsavory people who have too much time on their hands are loud and active on the internet. If those people happened to find that video and thought it would be a good idea to try something on both of them... Things would go south. Very badly.

Images%20(3)
joined Aug 6, 2021

@AkinomaHNU Won't quote as it is a quite long message but you make fair points. BUT...

"Nanase went along with Mary's demands because she doesn't want the video getting spread out into wherever and thus leading into unsavory rumours from the people around them." is a weak excuse. You are 100% right about everything regarding the importance of social reputation in many Asian cultures and your information is clearly viable in this case but the manga started off with Nanase aggressively pursuing Momo.

That is why I said "Nanase turned into the average lame-ass shoujo babe that thinks after acting" and "Look at chapter 16 and how she changed from there." Nanase was conveniently changed when Mary got introduced, into said lame-ass shoujo babe. Chapter 16 has her SHOUT at people in the open to leave them alone as she and Momo are lovers- in school. After she got physically assaulted by Mary, about to get kissed (which she clearly was about to let happen) she said "We can stop idc about it anymore"- why? It makes no sense, it is like "damn I got fucked to protect us two and now just release the footage anyways", seems... dumb and not right? As if Nanase wanted her to get done by Mary, even?

Just some thought on why Nanase sucks NOW. She was a good character and I enjoyed her but the recent developments are weak and altered to push for easy development that makes no sense at all. It is a whole different character and I think I am 100% content in saying Mary is huge trash but Nanase sucks, too.

Yes, blackmail is horrible and I wish nobody to experience it but in this here case it was of such a low intensity- and it lost even more of said intensity because they were "exposed" to others before- it felt fake as fuck to say it in a more easy to understand way.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

She shouts they are lovers so the guys would leave Momo alone. See how no one bring it up afterwards ? that mean she wasn't shouting it seriously.

Images%20(3)
joined Aug 6, 2021

She shouts they are lovers so the guys would leave Momo alone. See how no one bring it up afterwards ? that mean she wasn't shouting it seriously.

"wasn't shouting it seriously"
wat? She clearly shouted. She clearly was agitated and had no inhibition declaring it in public, in front of people. Also, leaving out every other arguement/fact won't make what said true, lmao.

She could've reacted to Mary but she was made to not do it by the author to push cheap drama. They were filmed for 5 seconds fondling "innocently" with clothes on. Same arguement then, nobody would bring it up after seeing it, it is 2 female friends innocently fooling around like million other manga show. And if you think like that, ultimately you would come to the conclusion, that Nanase wanted to do it with Mary, since there was no real blackmail. The author just goofed big time.

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 11:59AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

wat? She clearly shouted. She clearly was agitated and had no inhibition declaring it in public, in front of people. Also, leaving out every other arguement/fact won't make what said true, lmao.

So why nobody rebound on that or say anything ? I mean, if she is serious here than why Momo don't seem to care and for that matter the friend too ? Like she is not shouting something light. It doesn't make any sense she is shouting this seriously out of nowhere and everybody act normal afterwards.

They were filmed for 5 seconds fondling "innocently" with clothes on. Same arguement then, nobody would bring it up after seeing it, it is 2 female friends innocently fooling around like million other manga show.

Nanase was in her underwear and i don't think teachers will be very kind to now that 2 students was goofing around in the nurse office with one in her underwear groping the other one.

That's said, it's funny you take the argument for that shouting and apply to toher situtations when i didn't say anything like that. There is a difference between shouting to leave someone alone and groping someone half naked or blackmailing someone.

Images%20(3)
joined Aug 6, 2021

So why nobody rebound on that or say anything ? I mean, if she is serious here than why Momo don't seem to care and for that matter the friend too ? Like she is not shouting something light. It doesn't make any sense she is shouting this seriously out of nowhere and everybody act normal afterwards.

They were filmed for 5 seconds fondling "innocently" with clothes on. Same arguement then, nobody would bring it up after seeing it, it is 2 female friends innocently fooling around like million other manga show.

Nanase was in her underwear and i don't think teachers will be very kind to now that 2 students was goofing around in the nurse office with one in her underwear groping the other one.

That's said, it's funny you take the argument for that shouting and apply to toher situtations when i didn't say anything like that. There is a difference between shouting to leave someone alone and groping someone half naked or blackmailing someone.

Gonna end this here because "this is just a yuri manga" but are you fucking stupid, lmao? She shouted and herself didn't care about her surroundings, that is it. It is clear that she did it to get the guys to leave and Momo knew that, too but SHE STILL DID SHOUT SHE IS LESBIAN. They can goof around in the nurses office without being executed BECAUSE THEY ARE KIDS.

"That's said, it's funny you take the argument for that shouting and apply to toher situtations when i didn't say anything like that. There is a difference between shouting to leave someone alone and groping someone half naked or blackmailing someone."" BECAUSE IT WAS IN RELATION HAHAHA: I said before she shouted and defended her and now she just goes along to fk Mary because the author wants it. If you won't read what people type for you, don't answer at all you ignorant f. You made a fool out of yourself.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

They can goof around in the nurses office without being executed BECAUSE THEY ARE KIDS.

They still can be expelled you know, just because they're teenagers doesn't mean they can do those kinds of things in the nurse office. Even if they were adults, they can't..

SHE STILL DID SHOUT SHE IS LESBIAN

I don't see how it's a big deal and it's clearly outside the original point of "she shouting they're lovers"

and now she just goes along to fk Mary because the author wants it.

"She goes along" yeah as blackmailing someone is getting along with them. I don't begin to see where you see she goes along Mary without being forced too.

If you won't read what people type for you, don't answer at all you ignorant f. You made a fool out of yourself.

You should really try to be calm before posting. Insulting someone never help for argumentation.

Uohh
joined Mar 19, 2014

Guys... you should really avoid taking this manga that seriously.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Gonna end this here because "this is just a yuri manga" but are you fucking stupid, lmao? She shouted and herself didn't care about her surroundings, that is it. It is clear that she did it to get the guys to leave and Momo knew that, too but SHE STILL DID SHOUT SHE IS LESBIAN. They can goof around in the nurses office without being executed BECAUSE THEY ARE KIDS.

"That's said, it's funny you take the argument for that shouting and apply to toher situtations when i didn't say anything like that. There is a difference between shouting to leave someone alone and groping someone half naked or blackmailing someone."" BECAUSE IT WAS IN RELATION HAHAHA: I said before she shouted and defended her and now she just goes along to fk Mary because the author wants it. If you won't read what people type for you, don't answer at all you ignorant f. You made a fool out of yourself.

The fact that they're kids also means they aren't capable of rationally evaluating the consequences of their actions. Nanase doesn't know what will happen if it is exposed that she and Momo were doing naughty stuff in the Nurse's office. She just knows it's bad, and they're being threatened with it, and that Momo would get in trouble because of her. Maybe she thinks they'll get grounded, or expelled. Maybe she's afraid their parents would pull them apart. Maybe she thinks they'll get charged with a sex crime. Maybe she doesn't think it'd be that big a deal, but she assumed Mary wouldn't take things as far as she did. It isn't actually important, because no matter what, she is clearly being coerced, which makes her a literal rape victim.

It doesn't matter if she's out as a lesbian or not. It doesn't matter if she responded physically to her rape. (Oh, and you better believe I'm coming back to THAT.) What matters is that she didn't want to do it, and she was coerced into doing it against her will.

In any event, what you are doing is actual victim blaming, and you should be ashamed. Even if this is a stupid ecchi comedy, the fact that you looked at this situation and your brain went to criticize the victim is very bad. "She was feeling it" is the kind of argument rapists use to justify themselves. It's a physiological response. The victim literally CAN'T HELP IT, so you DON'T SHAME THEM OVER IT.

There are legitimate complaints about Nanase's conduct in this series. She doesn't respect boundaries herself, and her own behavior borders often on sexual assault, and is mostly only forgivable because she's a child and doesn't know what she's doing. You could complain about the fact that she even got them into the situation by groping Momo without permission in the first place.But complaining about the blackmail scene? No, that is well outside her realm of responsibility.

I want to make something clear, I have sanitised this post in the hopes you might actually read it and absorb something from it, but if you were in front of me, absent the filter that comes from typing up and thinking about a post? You would've gotten a string of very loud profanity spat directly in your face over this, because this shit is not okay. You're allowed to dislike any character for any reason you want, but when you start echoing rape apologists, expect the flamethrowers to come out.

2cf46f4b-7fe0-40b6-8205-d03934ba2a1f
joined Sep 21, 2020

Crazy how you guys get so heated over this manga, you’d think this was a typical political debate on Twitter with the way you guys are acting.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Raykokko posted:

Gonna end this here because "this is just a yuri manga" but are you fucking stupid, lmao?

If you won't read what people type for you, don't answer at all you ignorant f. You made a fool out of yourself.

If you can't engage in the future without doing this, then don't engage at all. This is a silly Ecchi manga, it's not remotely worth attacking other people over. Thanks, take care.

Lastpersimmondrops
Chi3c
joined Apr 22, 2020

Chapter 32 Momo cutness factor on hyperdrive

joined Jul 23, 2021

For me I see no point in defending for Nanase and Mary in their act the moment she decided to befriend with a creep who masturbated to her shirt in school, and also seeing how Mary act so obsessed towards her still decided to befriend with her.

And also about the blackmail part, she seriously doesn't have any argument to let her not to be called as dumb as she was the one who allowed Mary to become close with her until this incident happened. Nanase likes Momo and yet she let other people that has crush on you to become close with you, so what this mean? In case she didn't go well with Momo she can still has Mary as the spare tyre? The blackmail scene is too weak and doesn't portrait enough to show that it's a big deal for them, the excuses for Nanase "yeah I should let her play with my body in case she spread the video" is too lame compare how she acted in all the previous chapter, while she can act aggresively or just give a hard reject in the first place, then none of this would happen and the blackmail wouldn't be use as a lame excuse to cuck, NTR Momo in front of her

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Very mixed feelings about this chapter. I don't really want to feel bad for Mary or Nanase after the previous events. I also don't really like how this chapter panned out, I don't mind too much them being friend but the way it happened kindof bothers me. Dunno.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Mary's speech about her feelings would have had much greater impact on me if she wasn't introduced for such a short period of time. Like she barely knew Nanase for like less than a day.

I am hoping that's it for Mary and she will just be in the background now so we can wrap the stuff going on between Nanase and Momo. Momo's cold attitude is very interesting and I think it would be interesting to see Momo be more assertive and stronger with what she wants to do. I don't think this going to happen though and I think she's just going to be called out for being a wuss by her other friends and then is going to confess and nothing will have changed. At least we will probably get an ending then.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Yeah these events with Mary feel awkwardly handled and I just simply don't like Mary. What even is the purpose of her character now?

last edited at Sep 9, 2021 6:27PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.