Forum › If You Could See Love discussion

joined Jun 11, 2020

At first hesitant for the poly ending, but now please do it!

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I know its weird but i want sayo x rina...

Well in a poly ending you would technically get that.

Bb8a9f6b-acc2-4e0f-90f6-d54026cb173e_1_201_a
joined Feb 16, 2021

Man I’m a little disappointed I don’t think we will be going to poly route with this latest chapter I was really excited for that route since we saw the teachers and stylist but with the new chapter I think it will be Mei and Sayo and although I like Sayo I like Rinna more but I also like the possibility of Rinna and Sayo Mei and Rinna is cute I will admit it in fact I like it a bit more than Mei and Sayo but my main pair is Sayo and Rinna but I’ve decided I’m going to stop reading this for a while and come back when there’s more chapter there is only two options either I will get disappointed again with a single duo route or I will be ecstatic with the poly route regardless if I understand these outcomes there’s less of a chance of being consumed by great sadness for not getting the route I like since I’ve already expected the outcome I least enjoy

joined Mar 8, 2019

I don't get it. Why bother making her ability disappear at all? What value does that add to the narrative? Considering it's the only really unique aspect of the story (which is printed in three colours just to support that aspect!), I don't see why the author would make overtures of removing it.

Because she doesn’t really need that kind of power, in the first place the power was used as a catalyst for why she mistrusts love in the first place, her being overtly aware of people’s feeling towards others and especially towards her put her in a bad position since she doesn’t know what do in those situations nor does she actually know if it’s even right at all. And even if she did grow to up to use it properly, no one really needs that kind of power in their life because people shouldn’t need to rely on a crutch like that if they want to function as normal person, lest they become someone who is incapable of making decisions or pursuing relationships with people unless they find that reciprocation of their feelings are guaranteed.

And if speculation is right, and her powers disappear when she genuinely starts to fall in love with someone, it shows she’s grown in the right direction since she doesn’t rely on the arrows to continuing pursuing a relationship with others

It could prolong the love story/stories by providing more conflict. Like when she figures out why her powers disappear, maybe her fear of the unknown will make her turn away from her romantic prospects. She could question what matters more to her, the uncertainty of love or the comfort of her powers?

Plus, the translated title is "If you could see love" so it doesn't necessarily mean it ends when she loses her powers. We can also see how her love life functions without her powers. Will she be constantly questioning her partners feelings now that she can't see them? Especially since she knows how fickle feelings can be at times. Will she still be able to help her friends if she can't see their emotions for each other? Will she try to get her powers back?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Man I’m a little disappointed I don’t think we will be going to poly route with this latest chapter

Still seems as open as ever to me. You did read the last page, right?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

the story so far has hinted at it so fucking much.

Which in itself it's kinda bad writing, if your readers already know how you gonna end it.

Surely it's worse coming out of nowhere like in Luminous Blue.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Which in itself it's kinda bad writing, if your readers already know how you gonna end it.

nods

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Tbf it was axed.

K
joined Feb 27, 2017

Why the hell people like poly so much?

joined Feb 7, 2017

Probably the idea of not wanting to see one of the girls get rejected and have a sad end. With a poly ending everyone is happy. That said I definitely don't want poly. I'm rooting for Sayo and only Sayo.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Because it's different, also allows for multiple "best boy/girl" to win. It solves a lot of the drama that occurs in romcoms. It takes a bit more effort and commitment to make it work, but monogamy is also something you have to make work for a happy relationship.

Then there's how we can see IRL that monogamy for the sake of monogamy can lead to conflict, cheating being the prime (but not sole) example. Not everyone will be open/poly, but forcing people who can and do harbor feelings for multiple people into that mindset because it's "the correct way", via social norms and/or taboos, will cause strife somewhere along the line. It's still considered "odd/weird" by the masses when people encounter open relationships, and not because it's not natural but because we've been conditioned to view them that way.

To conclude, neither poly nor mono are the correct way, they both are natural. But one of them gets passed over in media because of norms which makes those that make it through the cracks celebrated.

joined May 29, 2021

You know what? No, I’m going to throw this right back in your face. Why are there so many whiners complaining about it like it’s a common occurrence or something? I can’t think of any other manga right now that actually has a poly ending. There’s probably one or two but honestly none are coming to mind. Hell even yuri harems that actually have harem ends are exceedingly rare for that matter. Meanwhile there’s hundreds if not thousands of yuri love triangles where one girl wins. Why is it so hard to let the people who want a poly end to have ONE manga?

last edited at Aug 7, 2021 12:54AM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

My god, credits for 9.2 caught me off guard
Godspeed Urbs, may the romance expert guide you as well

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Omigosh, credits for 10.1 are even sweeter

Readers --> Urbs

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Because polyamorous relationships are based, especially queer ones because they offer quite a different and unique expression of love outside of cishet bullshit, none of the weird sexist "i own you now" hangups monogamy can have. more love. To other peoples point, no i don't think it is good representation necessarily when it seeks to "resolve" love triangle bullshit or make every one "win" and I really don't think that's why it's seemingly popular. It's desirable because of its rarity (in rep) and its own merits. More and more people are actually comfortably establishing poly relationships IRL too...

last edited at Aug 7, 2021 4:02AM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

You know what? No, I’m going to throw this right back in your face. Why are there so many whiners complaining about it like it’s a common occurrence or something? I can’t think of any other manga right now that actually has a poly ending. There’s probably one or two but honestly none are coming to mind. Hell even yuri harems that actually have harem ends are exceedingly rare for that matter. Meanwhile there’s hundreds if not thousands of yuri love triangles where one girl wins. Why is it so hard to let the people who want a poly end to have ONE manga?

Yeah. Also some people are poly? And we've just started to see that represented in any capacity in the past year or two. So people are pretty hyped about seeing representation. For a long time it's been something that yuri Wouldn't Do.

I'd actually be very interested in reading that article. Still got it anywhere?

I can't seem to find it--it's quite impossible to search for because I don't remember any identifying qualities in the name besides "childhood friend trope" and as you might imagine, people have been using those words together very often in the years since I read it.

As a consolation prize I can offer some shaky memories of what it discussed. I remember it was like, the idea of going with a new girl that shows up in your life rather than the person everyone expects you will marry when you grow up lets people fantasize about breaking the very rigid life expectations that exist in Japan, and it's an image of an act of independence and freedom in a place where that's not really common to see IRL. Take all this with more than a few grains of salt, this is probably not the most reliable summary. But I hope you're at least a little satisfied.

Linter, I mean there is a predestination feeling of that's just the way it is you don't get the girl with lesbians. Especially if you're a fat one like me. So just because Sayo did it doesn't mean it'll happen for any of us sadly. Which you probably weren't saying that, but I am saying it bitterly. Most lesbians that I meet in real life and up just settling for hetero. I'm mostly just ranting to myself now. Very angst about it these days.

So it's cathartic to see it, but it is conversely painful.

I hadn't really considered this perspective, so thank you for speaking your experience. Where I live there's lots of queer people around, and I think it really is true that for a lot of the lesbians I know, they would be/have been able to find a partner if they could get over their internal hang-ups. And not just cis, white, thin, neurotypical, able-bodied people either. I mean, I never thought I would be able to find anyone interested in me, or that I could get myself to take that step and ask someone I thought was queer, and I got a girl's number the other day!

So, I guess I wasn't thinking of the fact that, for some people and places, it really is not an option, like it's not gonna work like that. I'm sorry things are the way they are for you at this time, and I'm glad if my comment gave you an opportunity to vent your feelings a little bit!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Tbf it was axed.

Fair enough. Still, surely properly growing the relationship is preferable to a surprise ending, poly or not. You can hardly call Bloom Into You bad writing just because we know from the start that the main couple will end up together. It's no different for our three girls here ending together, what matters is how well the journey is depicted.

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

can't wait for them to kiss, all three of them together rina was sayo's first kiss anyway also based mei i l fckin love you

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

Tbf it was axed.

Fair enough. Still, surely properly growing the relationship is preferable to a surprise ending, poly or not. You can hardly call Bloom Into You bad writing just because we know from the start that the main couple will end up together. It's no different for our three girls here ending together, what matters is how well the journey is depicted.

also out of things this author made i love this one the most because this is prob the most sweetest and cutest yuri manga I've read and I rarely enjoy a good normal romance manga which is why I tend to like story which is out of place but exist somewhere and I find it cute lmao, also that kiss was well deserve you can't talk me out of it.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I don't get it. Why bother making her ability disappear at all? What value does that add to the narrative? Considering it's the only really unique aspect of the story (which is printed in three colours just to support that aspect!), I don't see why the author would make overtures of removing it.

Because she doesn’t really need that kind of power,

Part of me is thinking "so what?" because characters have things they don't "need" all the time! But really...

in the first place the power was used as a catalyst for why she mistrusts love in the first place,

... she never needed it to begin with, because...

her being overtly aware of people’s feeling towards others and especially towards her put her in a bad position since she doesn’t know what do in those situations nor does she actually know if it’s even right at all.

...I really don't feel the arrows changed or enabled that any more than just being observant and talking to people like a normal human would have. Nearly this exact same story could have (and almost certainly has in the past) been written without the supernatural element. If we're being really, brutally honest with ourselves, arguably the most unique effect the arrows have had was allowing her to notice concealed shady idol stalkers...

And even if she did grow to up to use it properly, no one really needs that kind of power in their life because people shouldn’t need to rely on a crutch like that if they want to function as normal person, lest they become someone who is incapable of making decisions or pursuing relationships with people unless they find that reciprocation of their feelings are guaranteed.

The conflict you outline here sounds much interesting than dismantling the core conceit of the entire story up to this point to turn it back into an ordinary schoolgirl love triangle indistinguishable from the rest. That's the entire issue. That's why I don't understand what this change adds to the narrative.

From my perspective this is a significant downgrade in story potential.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Uh it's pretty easy for me. The more girl-girl parings I get to see the better. Poly is just another way to do that. It also can create interesting multi-level character dynamics if it's well written.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Also I'm just going to say it drives me absolutely nuts that the translators are splitting each chapter into so many pieces. It's bad enough having single chapters to read and forgetting what's going on, but having a single chapter flow broken up into now 3 different parts is ridiculous. A skilled translator can translate an entire chapter of manga in an hour or two, maybe even less if it's a light dialogue manga like this one. There's no reason for them to do this.

last edited at Aug 9, 2021 12:08PM

joined Apr 3, 2021

Also I'm just going to say it drives me absolutely nuts that the translators are splitting each chapter into so many pieces. It's bad enough having single chapters to read and forgetting what's going on, but having a single chapter flow broken up into now 3 different parts is ridiculous. A skilled translator can translate an entire chapter of manga in an hour or two, maybe even less if it's a light dialogue manga like this one. There's no reason for them to do this.

its not on the translators its just how the raws are released on comic walker

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Is "that's how it's literally released in Japanese" a valid enough reason?

joined Mar 8, 2020

lol, back in mangadex, i used to see alot of comments like this for different series, making the groups at fault for splitting chapters or calling them stuff, but never bothering looking for sources and check if the chapters were splits too, but thats how they were being released, specially if they come from official manga apps, comic-walker or nicovideo and some others that tend to split chapters (not all of them in comic-walker or nico, but alot of them do), if you ever see any other serie like this with split chapters, is not on the group, thats how is being officially released, (i seen chapters being split up to 8 parts in マンガUP! app, so 3 is like the normal lol)

last edited at Aug 9, 2021 11:11PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.