Forum › I am not a Succubus! discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The ability to accidentally make every species orgasm is... Gift or curse? I just wonder why nobody asked where Sakura's horns are. Even the actual succubus nurse does have them.

I loved the lamia chapter, and it's true that basically every mythology around the world have a snake monster representation (the fight of a God representing the storms x the snake monster is basically present in every mythology)

Danger noodles exist almost everywhere and are always terrifying and dangerous to humans. Even cats have natural instincts to fear anything that is snake shaped. No wonder it's a common thing to associate malice with them.

But to be fair, there are also some differeng myths. Like a lot of Greek mythology. Nymphs were sometimes depicted with snake bodies and a lot of Poseidon's daughters were lamias too (although the actual Lamia from which the name originated was a woman cursed by Hera and stole and ate children, so that brings it back to evil).

Either way Lamias are pretty popular these days, so things are looking up for Nina.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

@GeneralJ
Don't get so nervous, that comment is barely medium size for this site.
I get your point though. I think it's more of a coincidence that they are weather gods though. Weather gods are typically the strongest/highest ranking in polytheism. So it just makes sense that they beat the biggest baddest snake monsters.

last edited at Dec 3, 2019 7:43AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

A spider student, eh? Would be interesting to see them come into the story later on

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_am_not_a_succubus_ch04#26
"Desu wa!"
giggles

last edited at Dec 3, 2019 9:19AM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

It doesn't make any sense to have a human torso sticking out of an oversized snake tail either.

Just as it doesn't make sense for a duck bill, a beaver tail and otter feet to be sticking out of a mole-like body, right?

joined Jan 6, 2017

It doesn't make any sense to have a human torso sticking out of an oversized snake tail either.

Just as it doesn't make sense for a duck bill, a beaver tail and otter feet to be sticking out of a mole-like body, right?

At least all of those are mammalian traits (the Platypus mouth looks like a beak, but it doesn't work like one). Having a species that's half reptile and half mammal doesn't make any sense.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Since when anatomy of monsters made any sense?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Since when anatomy of monsters made any sense?

Especially when it's what a Lamia is suposs to look like. I mean look at that painting

joined Jul 2, 2017

GAH! Chapter 3 should have definitively proven she's not actually a succubus, so why do things keep happening that make more sense if she is? (Grandma's comment on there being lots of Ajin is particularly... an odd one in context unless there's something we're missing)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Hearto

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

At least all of those are mammalian traits (the Platypus mouth looks like a beak, but it doesn't work like one). Having a species that's half reptile and half mammal doesn't make any sense.

.... A mamal that lays eggs makes no sense either...... but platypus

joined Jan 6, 2017

.... A mamal that lays eggs makes no sense either...... but platypus

And echidna. And some others that have gone extinct.

last edited at Dec 9, 2019 7:11AM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I honestly can't imagine she's not some kind of Ajin. If nothing else, those breasts are clearly monstrous and possibly demonic.

joined Oct 10, 2016

With every chapter I have a feeling she has some teeny-tiny amount of succubus blood. Like, her great-... Ancestor in like, 15th century was a succubus and it was like, a random encounter and shit, or abduction, and she just lives with, idk, 1% and this random 1% shows off.

But that's just my theory.

So does anyone know when the next chapter is going to be translated? Or does anyone have a link to the raws?

joined Jul 6, 2016

When is the next chapter?!

joined Jul 15, 2020

As this been dropped or is there any chance of the rest being translated?
(PS : did anyone get a look at the VOL 3? Are things getting even more intense?)

74451150_178836556498417_3966336103820034048_n
joined Sep 16, 2018

so is this really dropped? i even tried to buy it but couldn't find it anywhere. Is there no english translation to this yet? this is too good i need to know what happens!!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

so is this really dropped? i even tried to buy it but couldn't find it anywhere. Is there no english translation to this yet? this is too good i need to know what happens!!

I remember recently seeing a thread here with the scanlators looking for help with this, so I wouldn't say dropped, but certainly in need of additional help to get more of it released.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I remember recently seeing a thread here with the scanlators looking for help with this, so I wouldn't say dropped, but certainly in need of additional help to get more of it released.

We've got RAWs and TLs up to chapter 8 (I don't actually know if any more exist), but yeh we might need another typesetter, assuming the previous one's gone AWOL.

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Oh some good news for 2021, chapter five and six have been translated.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I wish someone would continue/pick this up, it's just the right mix of cute and lewd

Screen%20shot%202021-06-15%20at%209.27.34%20pm
joined Jun 28, 2021

plant girl best girl

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Volume 2 and 3 have been uploaded to mangadex, any chance of them being uploaded here anytime soon?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Volume 2 and 3 have been uploaded to mangadex, any chance of them being uploaded here anytime soon?

And could anyone notify Imanity that ch8 (a particularly noice chapter, I should mention) is missing? (Which, judging by the time frame, I would assume could be attributed to Mangadex's new upload system being wonky at the start.)

joined Jan 6, 2017

Really would like to see the rest uploaded here too. Mangadex's new UI is so infuriating to use

To reply you must either login or sign up.