Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

A lot of things that Sara said gave me the feeling that she actually liked Wakana.

• like the way she called Wakana a dummy when Wakana mistook Sara for hating her
  • when she said that this meeting is almost like fate
  • that odd pause between the two of them which gave Wakana a chance to confess but Sara interrupted her by blurting out that she has a boyfriend
  • then being sad after that
  • specifically calling Wakana her "good friend"

Most likely, she just wanted to give up on her love because they are separated or something.

This. I hope, that everything you've pointed out is true.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Sara does seem like she reciprocates Wakana’s feelings. Makes me think this ‘unrequited’ arc might set up that whole “society won’t accept lesbians” bit. But I don’t know how dramatic this manga will get… then again Sora was slapped by her mom so there is a possibility this will get heavy with angst.

While I want Waka to be happy, the truth is sometimes you don’t get together with your first love. But that doesn’t mean you can’t love again…. Maybe she just needs to look around and see she has the perfect accomplice/partner in Yuina already!

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

that's a lie or truth?

idk why but i feel like Sara likes Wakana but she lied because of some reason,or she know that Wakana likes her

well anyway,i want my girl Wakana to be happy

sometimes first love doesn't go well but ganbare Wakana!

last edited at Jul 27, 2021 12:32PM

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Of course Sara likes/used to like Wakana, that was pretty obvious even in ch18's flashback. I think the gang will help her realize that it's better to confess anyway so she won't have any regrets and all that jazz, you know, the usual trope often found in romance manga.
Personally I hope the author makes Wakana x Yuina a reality because they compliment each other nicely in my humble opinion.

last edited at Jul 27, 2021 12:30PM

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i personally ship Wakana x Yuina but,as long as Waka happy,i don't mind if they destroy my ship

joined May 30, 2020

HUZZAH! Sara has a bf, Wakana x Yuina it is!

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Wow, in case is true, i hope if end very fast, like now

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Sara said the most unconvincing "Thank you", something is up...

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

gotta admit that's a weird way to announce you got a boyfriend

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Heavier unrequited stuff aside, I kinda hate riddles like the one we just saw. They basically just boil down to "guess which way the creator wants you to interpret the riddle" instead of having an actually intuitive answer.

I love how you just skipped all talk about the heavier unrequited stuff to comment this and yes, somebody had to say that!

At first I thought the point was to confuse you into thinking that the elephants were also going to the river. Then I realised that the catch was actually "all elephants saw the same two monkeys", but. Where is that specified in the narration? From what I read it could just as well have been that each elephant was moving separately and came across a different pair of monkeys, or even that some of the elephants saw the same monkeys and others saw different. There is nothing in this riddle that would make either answer more correct. In fact, perhaps the only "correct" answer would be to point out the incompleteness of the riddle itself.

joined Apr 20, 2021

gotta admit that's a weird way to announce you got a boyfriend

I think that is cause it is a lie. Wakana starting saying that she loves her, and if Sara for whatever reason didn't want to hear it at that moment, she made it up. Which is why it sounds so out of place.

joined Jul 27, 2021

Bruh

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

how not to handle a relationship 101

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

It hurts...

A833b0da-ef0f-4898-8593-d053f3beae0c
joined Feb 25, 2017

I absolutely refuse to believe she has a bf

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I absolutely refuse to believe she has a bf

I mean, she could have. After all, she didn't expect to meet Wakana again.

Uohh
joined Mar 19, 2014

[X]

joined Jul 8, 2020

This might become the WakanaxYuina arc.. Maybe.. My ship hopefully will sail

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

(if, for some reason, you consider that merely rating a chapter is a spoiler, don't read this comment)

Y'all, I won't spoil anything, but I just wanna say... Next chapter is really good. I actually created an account just to share my excitement after reading the raws and to probably post a comment in all caps once it gets translated for everybody else to read. Kashikaze-sensei is the best.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I'm actually pretty invested in Wakana's love life now lol

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

I really hope we get a good resolution. I wonder what's Yuina up to... she either lied about not having a boyfriend or has one because she thinks she should stop being a lesbian; from her expression, it didn't seem at all convincing. I wonder what's up. Hopefully this won't drag on and Ayaka will be a big help to Wakana in tackling this!

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Ooof man. You can’t tell us she did love her like that! And have it still be a rejection! That hurts more! What the heck. I do ship morinaga with the friend tho so it’s not all bad. But goddamn

joined Apr 2, 2021

Yuina wasting no time making a move, holy shit

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Man shit. I really hoped the boyfriend story was bs. The "I loved you" storylines in romance always make me feel so down.

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 9:32PM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Training.

To reply you must either login or sign up.