Forum › My Younger Senpai discussion

joined Apr 6, 2019

If you go for women who look like this, you're a pedo.

Don't you mean don't go for children that look like this?

Exactly! It's plainly evident she hasn't gone through puberty yet.
Someone feed this poor child with a baby bottle!

Eh I dunno, it looks to me like she should be able to make a whole lotta milk all by herself.
(goes hide)

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Ok, this is getting weird. It is one thing to not care a fictional character doing things that would be very creep and wrong if it happened in real life. It is another entirely to argue these things wouldn't be creepy.

To be perfectly clear: it doesn't fucking matter if a teenage girl went through puberty. You shouldn't hit on a 17 years old girl if you are 27 no matter how hot you think she is.

And everyone be sure to keep that in mind next time you go time traveling and meet up with your teenage crush.

I don't think I have to worry about that happening to me. Not masturbating on playground rocking horses, was my New Year's resolution. I thought about swearing off doing it on the slide as well, but I'm not made stone.

last edited at Jul 14, 2021 1:28PM

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

NGL this is a pretty fantastic premise, and the developments have been great too

joined Apr 5, 2015

And everyone be sure to keep that in mind next time you go time traveling and meet up with your teenage crush.

That is not my point at all, I am not condemning the story. I am condemning the creep who upon seeing someone call a woman who is atracted to a teenage girl "a pedo" replied by posting an image of said teenage girl body. As if that was, at all, relevant to the discussion. And then another creep come and talked about puberty, as if, again, that was relevant to whether someone was a pedophile or not.

Again, I am not contemning the story or fictional characters. It is not necessarily bad that a story contain creepy elements, even if said story never treat said elements as creepy. It is also fine if people enjoy the story despite, or because, the creepy elements, it is fiction, it is fine. But if someone simply acknowledged that creepiness and someone else barge in defensively making arguments for why it isn't creepy, then this is just fucking weird.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Some philosophy for you all

last edited at Jul 14, 2021 3:04PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That is not my point at all, I am not condemning the story. I am condemning the creep who upon seeing someone call a woman who is atracted to a teenage girl "a pedo" replied by posting an image of said teenage girl body. As if that was, at all, relevant to the discussion. And then another creep come and talked about puberty, as if, again, that was relevant to whether someone was a pedophile or not.

Again, I am not contemning the story or fictional characters. It is not necessarily bad that a story contain creepy elements, even if said story never treat said elements as creepy. It is also fine if people enjoy the story despite, or because, the creepy elements, it is fiction, it is fine. But if someone simply acknowledged that creepiness and someone else barge in defensively making arguments for why it isn't creepy, then this is just fucking weird.

I understand the point, and I have no brief for the posters you mention. But there’s the further point that (imaginary) time travel completely bollixes the concepts of age and identity upon which the concept of “pedophilia” depends. Clearly this story is playing with those concepts for humorous, but also surprisingly serious (for such an ecchi/NSFW story) effect—Senpai and Nanasawa each both are themselves and others, and simultaneously (if that’s the right word in this context) older and younger than the other. (That’s obviously the whole point of the title.)

The image of young Senpai that was posted makes an interesting contrast with the protagonist’s first memory of her in Chapter 1, where she looks older and more sophisticated (and rather less busty) than in the “real life” of the time-travel past, where she’s depicted as both sexualized and highly vulnerable. Identity is clearly a major theme in the story, which opens with the question “Who is this?”, and when the two first meet up Seto starts in performance mode asking, “Have you forgotten my name?” “Guess who?” is already a repeated motif.

So sure, in real life a 27-year-old hitting on someone ten years younger who they’ve just met is creepy, and bodily development has nothing to do with the ethics of the situation. But the fact that in the story Seto is both older and younger than Nanasawa, and that they’ve just met and are also longtime friends with (apparently) a mutual unspoken crush certainly does.

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014

Chill guys, its a time-travel fantasy. Who didn't think about going back in time and trying again for love? There is nothing creepy here, just pure love. And if you call others pedo/creeps, don't be surprised by some backlash. Cheers!

joined Dec 28, 2016

Just help your younger self get the girl instead of being a pedo

Can we stop misusing the word pedo? Pedo is about being attracted to completely pre-pubescent children. Seto is very much NOT that.

last edited at Jul 14, 2021 8:43PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

Adult Nanasawa scares me a lot. There is no justification for her actions lol

I mean to be fair, she asked for permission this time (she even double checked). She's getting better. She just kind of defied Seto's expectations.

last edited at Jul 14, 2021 8:43PM

joined Apr 5, 2015

Chill guys, its a time-travel fantasy. Who didn't think about going back in time and trying again for love? There is nothing creepy here, just pure love. And if you call others pedo/creeps, don't be surprised by some backlash. Cheers!

Calling a character in a story a pedo is not an attack on anyone, so feeling defensive and backlashing against that makes me thing you identify with said character or said character's action which, sorry, is creepy. Yeah, it is a story, it is fine, I don't think no body here was making any moralizing about the contents of the story. All it happen was someone called a fictional character a pedo which, I need to stress, is a normal reading of the events of the story. There are in story attenuating factors, of course, but the character is still an adult woman creeping on a teenage girl. You shouldn't feel defensive if someone points this very obvious fact.

And, I need to stress, the actual defense is, in itself really fucking creepy. Like, "actual excuse pedophiles make" levels of creepy. If someone calls one character a pedo for being interested in a teenage the defense "but she is hot though" is a very creepy defense. I sorry for repeating myself, but I think this is the key element that is being ignored: the backlash for someone calling Nanasawa a pedo wasn't "oh, but it is an unrealistic situation, she is technically younger and still have the memories for that", it was "being attracted to a woman who looks like this is not pedo" and when it is pointed out that the character in question is a "girl", not a "woman", the response is "she went through puberty already". This is literal pedophilia apologia. Don't defend that.

Can we stop misusing the word pedo? Pedo is about being attracted to completely pre-pubescent children. Seto is very much NOT that.

No it isn't. That is one narrow and valid definition of the word, but it is not exclusive nor is the most popular. You can complain people use imprecise terms a lot with muddle discussion, but that is a semantic definition, it is not how most people use these terms. At any rate, being a predator isn't morally particularly better so it just feels like deflection to focus on said narrow definition instead of actually engaging with the argument.

A more precise use of the word is that Nanasawa is an ebophile and a predator, which is very creepy but easily to ignore in such a fantastic story. But, again, pointing out the target of her affection is post pubescent is not actually a strong defensive, it just reflects poorly on you and what you think it is acceptable.

last edited at Jul 14, 2021 9:40PM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

i'm suffering while reading this because it's so wrong oh my god i feel so uncomfortable

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Why not just team up with your younger self though? Try to get senpai to ask her out, instead of competing against each other, maybe she'll be able to pull a tokyo revengers and create a whole new timeline where her and senpai are together, I seriously doubt she'll stay in the past forever, she'll have to go back eventually.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

A more precise use of the word is that Nanasawa is an ebophile and a predator,

No, she’s not. She would be, if this were a situation in real life and time travel were not involved, but at that point you’ve stopped discussing the story (and hence are technically off-topic for this forum).

As I said before, Nanasawa is both older and younger than Seto, and has just met her and has known her for many years. She’s not attracted to Seto just because she’s young; she’s attracted to her because she’s Seto, who she’s been in love with for over a decade.

The only way to make the terms you’re tossing around applicable is to ignore the basic premises of the story.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

No, she’s not. She would be, if this were a situation in real life and time travel were not involved, but at that point you’ve stopped discussing the story (and hence are technically off-topic for this forum).

As I said before, Nanasawa is both older and younger than Seto, and has just met her and has known her for many years. She’s not attracted to Seto just because she’s young; she’s attracted to her because she’s Seto, who she’s been in love with for over a decade.

The only way to make the terms you’re tossing around applicable is to ignore the basic premises of the story.

That's true but she is still being kind of a creep, touching a high school girl, even if she has been in love with her for years. Like, if she was still in present day, she would definitely not do that to the present Seto (because of her lack of confidence). It's even weirder if you think about how the past Seto knows nothing about older Nanasawa, who is touching and kissing her out of no where. She clearly takes advantage of the age gap and "onee-san" lead as she calls it. Maybe not pedo, but she is definitely predatory, that's for sure. I don't hate the story for this, it's just fiction, but I will admit it does urk me a bit. I suppose this story is just plot with a side of ecchi.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

I swear to Godoka there needs to be like some sort of insta-ban hammer button every time the P-word is mentioned. If not that at least some sort of automated infraction system.

last edited at Jul 15, 2021 4:39AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That's true but she is still being kind of a creep, touching a high school girl, even if she has been in love with her for years. Like, if she was still in present day, she would definitely not do that to the present Seto (because of her lack of confidence).

“If the story were different, it would be different.” This is true—very, very true. If the situation were different, it would indeed be different.

Very different.

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

Huh(?)-orny bull humping time masheen ta' foozy bomp her centpie from da' paste!? NOICEE

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

I swear to Godoka there needs to be like some sort of insta-ban hammer button every time the P-word is mentioned. If not that at least some sort of automated infraction system.

Glad to see someone referring to the goddess Godoka.

Agree with the word ban, at least people ought to censor it and other similar angsty words. There are far more terrible works instead of taking issue with science fiction.

joined Dec 28, 2016

No it isn't. That is one narrow and valid definition of the word, but it is not exclusive nor is the most popular. You can complain people use imprecise terms a lot with muddle discussion, but that is a semantic definition, it is not how most people use these terms. At any rate, being a predator isn't morally particularly better so it just feels like deflection to focus on said narrow definition instead of actually engaging with the argument.

Umm yes it is. There is only a single definition of the word. Calling someone a "pedo" for being interested in a high schooler is COMPLETELY WRONG. Just because people heavily misuse a word from a lack of understanding doesn't change the meaning of it. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pedophilia

Whether she is or isn't a predator is unrelated to this conversation.

A more precise use of the word is that Nanasawa is an ebophile and a predator, which is very creepy but easily to ignore in such a fantastic story. But, again, pointing out the target of her affection is post pubescent is not actually a strong defensive, it just reflects poorly on you and what you think it is acceptable.]

I'm not going to go there with that word. It's got a much more squishy definition and isn't relevant really in this case anyway.

last edited at Jul 15, 2021 10:19AM

joined Dec 28, 2016

Agreed, that would be nice.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

We're moving on from the pedo discussion, as it has very little to do with this story. Further discussion on this topic will be removed. Also, let's cut down on the massive image posts (and re-posts). Rarely necessary. Thanks.

last edited at Jul 15, 2021 12:53PM

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

Nanasawa is such a fcking chad.

ignore your past self and rape your senpai already

17862791_1495602197151021_8222829330647011179_n[1]
joined Jun 22, 2013

Nanasawa is such a fcking chad.

ignore your past self and rape your senpai already

you sure are fixated on rape huh

joined May 15, 2021

Time travel again messing my ability to make synapsis

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

She has it baaaaad. Holy shit. And, our MC (younger version) has a really particular energy, she's got that drifty/horny thing going on that kind of reminds me of Ayame 14, but, like, much subbier.

There's something really appealing about her getting super lost in a fantasy like that, right? Or is it just me IDK, I just think her cuddling up to her crush and staring off into the distance while daydreaming about Senpai topping her is strangely cute. It makes it really hard to decide who I'm rooting for.

To reply you must either login or sign up.