Forum › Ienai Himitsu No Aishikata discussion

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Now that I think, one thing I don't quite understand is how do anime characters not taste the difference between their smooth tea and bitter, hard taste of alcohol, that shit is NOT subtle even in mixed drinks, especially for people who never drink. Even if you're a lightweight, after the 1st sip you'd be like bruh. Not drink more until you pass out lol

I guess it may depend on the person. I used to have no real problem with the taste of alcohol myself until the one time I truly got drunk, after which it's been exactly as you described, I can feel the bitterness so strongly I hardly ever drink anymore. A lot of people I've talked to can't even understand what I mean by that bitter taste, though, thinking I just exaggerate.

I mean, not just tolerance with alcohol but just the fact that it tastes noticeably distinct from something you're expecting to taste. If you order water and they give you sparkling water, you'd notice immediately because of the carbonation and be like hey, this probably isn't my drink, not just keep drinking, oblivious and being like I guess water always felt this angry in my mouth. There isn't many drinks that can be confused with the distinct taste of alcohol that you unknowingly get drunk, especially not tea.

mitchellmidnight
joined Jan 29, 2021

I can relate to this a bit. I’m a teacher who also loves yuri. Students (girls) tend to be way clingy with me and stalked(not that bad) me a few times. It’s both very flattering, tiring… and did I also mention flattering?

You're amazing I wish you were my teacher :v

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

....I don't like this student very much I don't think.

Real abusive vibes. And yes, she's in an abusive household herself, but I don't think that justifies blackmail.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

Wow, that got gross fast

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Ha! I called it. sensei was drugged. A lame drugging though. Her normal drink was surreptitiously switched with an alcoholic one. How on earth do you not notice your oolong tea suddenly tasting like hard liquor.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Ah, making a sweet teacher cry is a big turn-off for me for a character.
Let's see her build herself back up from that low point.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Now that I think, one thing I don't quite understand is how do anime characters not taste the difference between their smooth tea and bitter, hard taste of alcohol, that shit is NOT subtle even in mixed drinks, especially for people who never drink. Even if you're a lightweight, after the 1st sip you'd be like bruh. Not drink more until you pass out lol

FYI, there are alcohols that are specifically meant to be mixed with things like oolong tea, and some that you wouldn't notice right away (noting that Noa mentioned she gets drunk from the first sip) and the rest is suspension of disbelief.

joined Aug 29, 2019

This is wrong. I like it.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lots of strategically placed objects this time. :D

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Why did this go from 0 to 100 so fast

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

I really love this series so happy to see this again.

joined Aug 15, 2021

ahh, i already read this on another web, n really love it... i immediately bought the book in kindle lol even thought i don't understand japanese a single bit.

i don't think this is a serious romance work, it's more on comedy for me.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

If someone barged into my life, staged photos, that would ruin my career and possibly get me arrested, then blackmailed me into living in my house, the last thing I'd worried about is being rude to them.

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

If someone barged into my life, staged photos, that would ruin my career and possibly get me arrested, then blackmailed me into living in my house, the last thing I'd worried about is being rude to them.

My thoughts exactly! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this. The story is cute and all but this chapter just wasn't "it" for me. And for those exact reasons^

joined May 8, 2018

I couldn't help but laugh at pg82.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

The student is pretty funny when Sensei is nice to her and I am looking forward to funny situations with how Sensei is in the same home as her godly artist. Hopefully over time the two and get a bit closer and friendly and Sensei can help her student.

last edited at Sep 13, 2021 4:48AM

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Just like what Umineko says, abuse trickles down
Real sad shit
Hopefully sensei is able to help her detox and heal from what is obviously a horrendous home environment

joined Aug 13, 2021

"Maybe I was being too insensitive"
says the person who had a kiss forced on them and was subsequently blackmailed for it
???

last edited at Sep 14, 2021 2:11AM

joined Apr 2, 2020

I really dislike where this is going

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

i hate saying this but Nao's got such a dumptruck

joined Sep 28, 2017

Are we sure this is yuri? I'll be disappointed if this ends up being subtext or some bs like that

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Are we sure this is yuri? I'll be disappointed if this ends up being subtext or some bs like that

I mean, they are already confirmed as a successful yuri artist and a huge yuri fan. I don't see why the author would suddenly go for just subtext after making their interest in yuri such a big part of their identities.

Denny%202
joined Aug 21, 2021

It's yuri it's also on chapter 8 right now

joined Nov 15, 2021

Ugghhh i wish there's more

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Regreg posted:

Ugghhh i wish there's more

There is more on Mangadex.

This here is the redo of the scanlator with the tank.

To reply you must either login or sign up.