Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I’m really enjoying the pacing. It’s not ‘one-shot’ levels of falling-in-love but also not so slowburn that you start to get bored.

I'm also enjoying the pacing in all honesty. The story so far feels very relaxed, and we're getting build up with the characters and their relationship bit by bit.

I feel like this sort of relaxed pacing is very much an Usio Shio thing, she really has a knack for creating these kind of stories that just flow in a slow but very natural and mature way. It's part of what makes them unique to me as well, there's no shortage of bubbly and energetic manga (which are cool too), but her stories are just a bit different, making them feel more life-like

joined May 13, 2021

What is with these delicate, slow burn stories? Where is the passion? Women kiss, women FUCK. This pure love innocence uwu stuff in yuri manga is so cringe and so unrealistic. I mean goddamn they are married and sleeping in separate rooms, kurumi is always leaving ruriko alone, like how is she okay with that?? Zero intimacy, zero acting like a couple at all. I just feel like love between women is so misrepresented in manga sometimes, as if it’s somehow less than. Anyways, apologies, end of rant

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016

"...she's my precious family"
Really reminds me of Kanata's sudden breakdown when reading her farewell letter to Coco. They even have kinda similar situation with characters of this manga minus the legally married part: best friends, housemates, even pair rings.
May their relationships continue to prosper forever.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

What is with these delicate, slow burn stories? Where is the passion? Women kiss, women FUCK. This pure love innocence uwu stuff in yuri manga is so cringe and so unrealistic. I mean goddamn they are married and sleeping in separate rooms, kurumi is always leaving ruriko alone, like how is she okay with that?? Zero intimacy, zero acting like a couple at all. I just feel like love between women is so misrepresented in manga sometimes, as if it’s somehow less than. Anyways, apologies, end of rant

Did you read the story? They literally got married as friends. Ruriko obviously has had some one sided feelings for a long time, and Kurumi is slowly getting feelings but they are not formally a romantic couple. If you want steamy gay sex there are plenty of series out there for you to read, and tags you can explore. Don’t come into a slow burn and get angry about it being slow burn, that’s literally the point. Go read some Asumi-chan and calm down okay?

Cornonthekopp
joined Jul 6, 2020

It’s so nice to see Ruriko slowly becoming more comfortable asserting herself in the relationship. I definitely understand her insecurity, with the whole “if I push too hard she’ll just leave” mentality but now Kurumi has proven she’s in it for real, and I hope that soon Ruriko can be honest and say “I’m in love with you, please let me pursue you” or something along those lines.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

In this case, it's because they're both painfully aware that they went into this as friends, not lovers, even though at least on one side the feelings were always there. We can quite well see that by now there's clear mutual love in this marriage, but it's harder to notice the slight changes when you're in it, especially when you keep focusing on not making things too awkward because you're, again, "just friends", even if it would actually not be a problem anymore.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I may not comment here often if at all, but yeah, this is one of my favourite ongoing yuri manga.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

She may not want to let her partner knows, but I think this is just "drama". When was the last time you or someone you know would give NO information about the Emergency contact information during the hospital admittance? The only time I did that was I collapsed and passed out during registration, and my best friend who drove me filled it out. I could have or should have put down the information of my sisters if I were semi-awake, or give my friend my sisters' information.
Ruriko did not pass out....so her perception of boundaries is all screwed up/ It should always be your partner (in this case spouse) who receive the first call, or ASAP. Think about it. what if the situation is worse, and they decide to do an emergency surgery? You definitely need to get consent from the next close of kin, which is,. in this case, the wife.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I can't agree more!!!!!!! That is why I have a hard time finding a REALISTIC Yuri manga. Not a single friend of mine act that way. OK, maybe in my circle people either do "don't ask don't tell", or they do come out, the thing thing they never do is to deny being gay IF they are truly gay (or bisexual, or demi, or trans, etc). Off those who do "don't ask don't tell", it is not because they fear the consequence of coming out. but rather haver the attitude of "it is not a big deal, if you ask, I'll answer" or "ask me if you are interested in dating me". I am some what of the don't ask don't tell type. It reduces "drama".

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 6:45PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

What is Hamburg Steak and why are manga characters obsessed with it?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

It's basically hamburgers.

Cornonthekopp
joined Jul 6, 2020

Hamburg steaks are basically the japanese equivalent to a salisbury steak. Basically a hamburger patty served in a gravy sauce with some veggies and/or some rice.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

This chapter was very wholesome.

joined Jun 19, 2021

I enjoy delicate, slow burn stories. Most of my relationships have been like that, so it's strange for me to see it be called "unrealistic". Passion looks different for different people, after all. Obviously the premise of this story is a little unusual, but the feeling of it, and of friendships which slowly become something more, is very familiar to me, and I think this author captures it quite lovingly.

Also, really appreciate these scanlators and their attention to detail.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I enjoy delicate, slow burn stories. Most of my relationships have been like that, so it's strange for me to see it be called "unrealistic". Passion looks different for different people, after all. Obviously the premise of this story is a little unusual, but the feeling of it, and of friendships which slowly become something more, is very familiar to me, and I think this author captures it quite lovingly.

Also, really appreciate these scanlators and their attention to detail.

I think there's always going to be someone that calls a relationship unrealistic. As you said passion looks different depending on the person, and I think lot of the "realistic/unrealistic" aspects in stories are ultimately subjective funnily enough. Especially with romance and relationships in general.

I also say this as someone who agrees with you and enjoys the slow burn of this series.

I feel like this sort of relaxed pacing is very much an Usio Shio thing, she really has a knack for creating these kind of stories that just flow in a slow but very natural and mature way. It's part of what makes them unique to me as well, there's no shortage of bubbly and energetic manga (which are cool too), but her stories are just a bit different, making them feel more life-like

Yeah I also think the slow flow of it feels natural. Of course fast relationships can also work, but for these two this pace feels good to me. Just depends on the couple and the author I think, and I enjoy all different kinds Yuri so I'm glad that there's a mix of slow and fast paced series out there.

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 9:13PM

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

what a bunch of cute ass dorks, u love each other so very clearly hah

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

There is no way this is unironic lol

joined May 24, 2015

Huh. Just a sec, I have something for people upset it's a slow burn series when they clicked on the slow burn series:
shows the door
I understand that you may not like this type of story, believe me people DO have opinions, but please leave if all you're going to do is complain 8 chapters in of a very cemented storyline (aka friends>marriage>lovers)

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

How dare stories have a build up instead of throwing everything they have to offer on the first chapters.

last edited at Jul 4, 2021 12:03AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Huh. Just a sec, I have something for people upset it's a slow burn series when they clicked on the slow burn series:
shows the door

Ehhqrbrxcaa8wsy
joined Aug 24, 2020

I forgot to follow the last 5 ch and just caught up, what a great manga. Love the pace and characters c: !

LionTrainer1
50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

This is so cute! Looking forward to when they realize they gay af for each other!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

You think this is slow burn!? Talk to me after you read 35 chapters of a series and they are still using lines like "But we're both girls" or asking things like "Is there someone you like".

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You think this is slow burn!? Talk to me after you read 35 chapters of a series and they are still using lines like "But we're both girls" or asking things like "Is there someone you like".

Read Lily from YY or Oujo-sama Nante Irenai before talking about slow burn for 10/15 chapters.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

oh man they're the best friends ever

To reply you must either login or sign up.