Forum › Gunbured x Sisters discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Was that their first kiss? I can’t remember. But lol I saw the moderate amount of sex tag but I thought there’d be just a little bit more build up. The lack of build up and Maria saying she needed the consolation just as much made me think that it was just comfort-sex, but if that was actually to signify that they’re now on equal footing then that’s cool too.

In fairness I think the entire series was the build up to them having sex. Throughout the series they've gotten hot and heavy, fought with each other, fought against powerful enemies together, all numerous times and now after a build up of emotions from a big series of reveals they just let it all out through intense sex. So personally I'm perfectly fine with the explosive sexual encounter in this chapter, and these reasons are also why I think it's way more than just comfort sex.

Pretty much this. They have been lusting after each other almost from the start, but many things (most of them inside their own heads) prevented them from acting on said lust. And now that the barriers have fallen, their pent-up UST has just blown up.

They just started randomly banging in the church okay lol.

TBH, it could've happened anywhere. Dorothy just happened to be at her mom's church when Maria woke up, which isn't too random, either, given how this is probably the closest Dorothy has to a home.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"Would let me try reasoning her one more time ?"
Like hell it work earlier. I don't know what kind of plan she want to try to convince her but it better be solid.

It doesn't really look like she's expecting it to work either, but it is her sister so she'll have to try anyway. She owes her at least that much before it all goes to hell.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Whew, I don't 100% know how to feel about this. I mean, yes, I'm glad they kissed and fucked, and they seem to be getting a lot softer together and closer, and Dorothy is clearly starting to view Maria as a partner, which is good food. And clearly this is the author trying to do right by everyone and finish out the story before being put out of commission by injury, which is really appreciated--it's like the next level beyond the plot summaries that people put out when they can't finish their fics, which as a reader is super appreciated.

On the other hand... after all the, voluptuous decadence of the story, I was hoping that the moment where the sexual and romantic tension between our two leads explodes would be something toothy, urgent, and dark-sweet. I obviously can't blame the mangaka who was in obvious physical discomfort putting this chapter together, but I really, really wanted to see the intense atmosphere this story has show up with this scene, and that didn't really happen. I guess I'm still sad that this story and its writer has been met with misfortune, and that we won't see what we might otherwise have.

On that note--does anyone feel like the pacing is going quick as well? It's not bad, per se, but I do feel like we're skipping a lot and cutting to the quick. Again, understandable, but I wanted to know if that was just me and my worries, or if this is actually something multiple people are seeing.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

On that note--does anyone feel like the pacing is going quick as well? It's not bad, per se, but I do feel like we're skipping a lot and cutting to the quick. Again, understandable, but I wanted to know if that was just me and my worries, or if this is actually something multiple people are seeing.

Oh yeah we're very likely speeding up to the end, so it's not just you. The author I think has been ramping up the speed for some time probably due to increasing difficulties continuing the work with his health.

AWalkingPizza
Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

seggs

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

thicc nun

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

I think the best evidence that this is rushing to a conclusion is that they say in this chapter that both Helen and Miranda were found dead, but even in the flashback panel they only show Helen being killed. We never saw Miranda die. But now they’re saying both their bodies were just… found.

Maybe the original intention was to have Helen be killed and Miranda goes on some kind of revenge quest, but now that Wataru is finishing this up and we already have a bunch of characters to keep up with, Miranda just got nixed offscreen.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

There's probably only 2 or 3 chapters left to this whole thing. It had a fine place till this volume. I think the theory that the author is being forced to finish this quickly is correct.

I hate when this happens, one of my favorite old obscure mangas had this exact same thing happen.

joined Nov 21, 2018

...Holy fuck.

ayy lmao

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

There's probably only 2 or 3 chapters left to this whole thing. It had a fine place till this volume. I think the theory that the author is being forced to finish this quickly is correct.

I hate when this happens, one of my favorite old obscure mangas had this exact same thing happen.

Based on what people said when this went on hiatus we know the author pushed himself too far while working with Carpal Tunnel. It's unfortunate, but as I've said in previous posts it's better for the author to focus on his health. It's why I can't feel any hate here, instead I'm only putting my energy into well wishes towards the author and a full recovery.

last edited at Jun 22, 2021 2:28AM

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Based on what people said when this went on hiatus we know the author pushed himself too far while working with Carpal Tunnel. It's unfortunate, but as I've said in previous posts it's better for the author to focus on his health. It's why I can't feel any hate here, instead I'm only putting my energy into well wishes towards the author and a full recovery.

I may have been speed reading through most of this manga, so it didn't occur to me till just now that that little end volume segment about Carpal Tunnel was more serious than they made it out to be.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

Having some intense sex on a church, need to put that on a list of things to do before i die.

Jakuri%20av
joined Aug 26, 2020

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1409997641635749889

bruh

last edited at Jun 29, 2021 6:14PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Since this series has been licensed by Seven Seas, we will be dropping it like we always do with licensed series.

This is like... the 5th or 6th series we pick up that gets licensed lol.

Support the official release whenever it comes out, and thanks for sticking with us until now.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Since this series has been licensed by Seven Seas, we will be dropping it like we always do with licensed series.

Oh darn. I respect your decision and your work overall, but it's extremely frustrating when publishers decide to pick up series at the exact moment it heads for the finale. :-/

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Sigh.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Any chance /u/ would pick this up like they did with Looking Up to Magical Girls?

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Support the official release whenever it comes out, and thanks for sticking with us until now.

Helvetica has good taste it seems, always being licensed.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Helvetica has good taste it seems, always being licensed.

Quick, give them some not licensied works.

joined Apr 3, 2021

Any chance /u/ would pick this up like they did with Looking Up to Magical Girls?

Same anon that gives us the vampeerz raws also has the gunbured raws, so it's all up to Goggled if they ever want to TL it.

joined Jun 21, 2021

Damn I respect the hell out of your decision as someone who always loves supporting the official releases. But I’ve gotten absolutely spoiled by shonen that update weekely. We aren’t getting volume 1 until March and you guys were deep into volume 4….fucking brutal >_<

To reply you must either login or sign up.