Forum › Universe's Most Jealous Goddess discussion

Afterschooljpgg
joined Jan 9, 2021

Is it just me, or is this a little hard to follow?

i feel the same

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I like that the one gal plainly stated her hunting plans right in front of her prey.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Busted at the end there haha

Is it just me, or is this a little hard to follow?

i feel the same

Agreed

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I like that the one gal plainly stated her hunting plans right in front of her prey.

Clear and upfront communication is the foundation of every good relationship... which is why the two of them will never get together, since it wouldn't make for an emotionally charged story. :-)

last edited at Jun 3, 2021 11:09AM

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

I'm wondering... was that a gay bar in the beginning? And when they say "our circle" do they mean the lesbian community?
(Or were they talking about work and I got it all wrong?)

The circle is the "entertainment circle" that you'll see a lot in CN novels and manhua. It's a genre all on its own based on the actor/idol/etc circle like how we have Hollywood.

Also it's cool to see this on here even though I've been putting off reading the original novel this is based on for the longest time LOL

last edited at Jun 3, 2021 11:31AM

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Looks like every girl so far is gay af. Love it.

Also, I'm confused on why white haired girl seems upset when Fengyu mentions preferring older people even though Fengyu mentions multiple times that she's her upperclassman?

last edited at Jun 3, 2021 11:40AM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Oof, what an awkward sitatuion. He should really stop drinking if she is going to keep falling a sleep this easy. I also just love how the friend just saw Hongxi and just openly and loudly declared her intentions.

last edited at Jun 3, 2021 1:35PM

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

This author introduced the white haired girl as a potential love rival and then immediately said “psych, actually side couple”

joined Jul 21, 2020

I'm wondering... was that a gay bar in the beginning? And when they say "our circle" do they mean the lesbian community?

The circle is the "entertainment circle" that you'll see a lot in CN novels and manhua. It's a genre all on its own based on the actor/idol/etc circle like how we have Hollywood.

Also it's cool to see this on here even though I've been putting off reading the original novel this is based on for the longest time LOL

Thanks to everyone who answered.
I guess I got the wrong idea, then. That kinda gives me a bittersweet feeling... as I was kind of excited thinking this could be a Chinese manhua where from the very start the main ladies were up-front, out-and-out lesbians who visited gay bars and talked about their community problems...
In Japanese and Korean yuri this sort of setting is not frequent but not uncommon either... but I've never before read a Chinese manhua with such a premise underlying the plot.

last edited at Jun 3, 2021 11:32PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Thanks to everyone who answered.
I guess I got the wrong idea, then. That kinda gives me a bittersweet feeling... as I was kind of excited thinking this could be a Chinese manhua where from the very start the main ladies were up-front, out-and-out lesbians who visited gay bars and talked about their community problems...
In Japanese and Korean yuri this sort of setting is not frequent but not uncommon either... but I've never before read a Chinese manhua with such a premise underlying the plot.

It's not exactly that, but... try this one:

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/beloved_l

There's a lot of characters who are out lesbians and it does show a bit of the inner side of the Chinese lesbian community.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Thanks to everyone who answered. I guess I got the wrong idea, then.

Maybe that bar wasn't a lesbian bar, but every woman in this manhua is a lesbian. ^.^v

Quote of the chapter:
"Her perfume makes my mind go crazy" ‹snortle› That's called 'pheromones' my dear girl.

StarRingChild
joined Jan 23, 2017

He and white haired girl would look so good aesthetically. But we know He and pink hair are getting together so I'm glad they already set up blonde and white hair. The art is beautiful and I'm really into the story already.

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

It can get confusing to read if you dont understand the Chinese cultures and some of the usual term. This story is a famous novel in jjwxc, one of the biggest novel site in China. It won a big award on there as well. This is usually rare for novel and it's extremely rare for a yuri novel to win as well.
The manhua is kinda underwhelming vs the novel, but the story is very solid. If they stay true to the novel, then you'll love the relationship between the two main characters.
The amount of tears and laughs I had for this novel is quite a lot. The one thing I was really disappointed by is Feng Yu character portrait. I expected her to be less childish looking, more like a sporty sunny side-up egg.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

God He Yun Han is stubborn and just can't take help. Good thing Xiao Feng Yu is just ignoring her and trying to help her.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

What a tsundere. Just let your future GF help you

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

It can get confusing to read if you dont understand the Chinese cultures and some of the usual term. This story is a famous novel in jjwxc, one of the biggest novel site in China. It won a big award on there as well. This is usually rare for novel and it's extremely rare for a yuri novel to win as well.
The manhua is kinda underwhelming vs the novel, but the story is very solid. If they stay true to the novel, then you'll love the relationship between the two main characters.
The amount of tears and laughs I had for this novel is quite a lot. The one thing I was really disappointed by is Feng Yu character portrait. I expected her to be less childish looking, more like a sporty sunny side-up egg.

Ooh is the novel translated? I’d love to read it, chinese GL novels are my addiction right now, there’s so much good stuff.

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Uhhhh, latest chapter, page 3. Does she...not have underwear on???

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

God He Yun Han is stubborn and just can't take help. Good thing Xiao Feng Yu is just ignoring her and trying to help her.

What a tsundere. Just let your future GF help you

I thought the exact same thing.
"No I don't want help." And she lets Feng Yu help her.
"No I don't want to drink." And she drinks Feng Yu's milk.
"No I don't want to eat." And she eats Feng Yu's congee.
And she keeps telling Feng Yu to go home cuz she's okay, I lost count of how many times, when it's infuriatingly obvious she's not okay at all!

There's tsundere, and then there's this sort of childishness. I can't believe a grown-up would behave like that, like a little kid who when offered a bonbon yells "I don't wanna!" and at the same time grabs the bonbon and wolfes it down.

But I guess it's a little cute. ♡

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I thought the exact same thing.
"No I don't want help." And she lets Feng Yu help her.
"No I don't want to drink." And she drinks Feng Yu's milk.
"No I don't want to eat." And she eats Feng Yu's congee.
And she keeps telling Feng Yu to go home cuz she's okay, I lost count of how many times, when it's infuriatingly obvious she's not okay at all!

There's tsundere, and then there's this sort of childishness. I can't believe a grown-up would behave like that, like a little kid who when offered a bonbon yells "I don't wanna!" and at the same time grabs the bonbon and wolfes it down.

But I guess it's a little cute. ♡

That's actually a sign of past trauma, most commonly of being neglected by primary caretakers. A common result is a dissociation of words and actions, since the former are controlled by the prefrontal cortex, which attempts to maintain an image of strength and self-sufficiency, while the latter are controlled by the deeper limbic brain, which earns to be cared for. As a result, the experiential and the verbal parts of the brain run on two different tracks, one screaming for help and the other rejecting it, without the person consciously noticing the dissociation. Because the limbic brain is ultimately the main driving force, the conscious one usually either refuses to process its actions ("No, I did not drink that milk, what are you talking about?") or retroactively justifies them ("Yeah, I drank it, because you left me no choice."). All-in-all, "Teacher He" is consistently written as a deeply traumatized individual.

last edited at Jun 11, 2021 3:00AM

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Ooh is the novel translated? I’d love to read it, chinese GL novels are my addiction right now, there’s so much good stuff.

Seconded, if there’s a decent TL I would love to know.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

That's actually a sign of past trauma, most commonly of being neglected by primary caretakers. A common result is a dissociation of words and actions, since the former are controlled by the prefrontal cortex, which attempts to maintain an image of strength and self-sufficiency, while the latter are controlled by the deeper limbic brain, which earns to be cared for. As a result, the experiential and the verbal parts of the brain run on two different tracks, one screaming for help and the other rejecting it, without the person consciously noticing the dissociation. Because the limbic brain is ultimately the main driving force, the conscious one usually either refuses to process its actions ("No, I did not drink that milk, what are you talking about?") or retroactively justifies them ("Yeah, I drank it, because you left me no choice."). All-in-all, "Teacher He" is consistently written as a deeply traumatized individual.

Oh... em... gee!! This is so awful!
I will never be able to look at tsunderes the same way...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Oh... em... gee!! This is so awful!
I will never be able to look at tsunderes the same way...

To clarify, my argument here is that He is not a tsundere, but rather suffers from dissociation due to past trauma. A tsundere in a classical sense is a young character displaying emotional immaturity due to not having learned to regulate their relationships and emotional distance yet. That is why most tsunderes "grow out" of their running-hot-and-cold as they gain relationship experience and mature. By contrast, traumatized individuals are not guaranteed such a high rate of recovery, and often require years of therapy to heal -- though, of course, fiction (and romance fiction in particular) often presents this healing process as unrealistically straightforward and quick, often reducing it to meeting your destined soulmate and starting a relationship with them.

In other words, by all means, continue to enjoy tsundere antics with the rest of us. Just don't confuse emotional immaturity due to youth and inexperience with stunted emotional and relational development due to traumatic experiences. :-)

last edited at Jun 11, 2021 4:42PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Their dynamic is so cute. The art is gorgeous

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

That's actually a sign of past trauma, most commonly of being neglected by primary caretakers. A common result is a dissociation of words and actions, since the former are controlled by the prefrontal cortex, which attempts to maintain an image of strength and self-sufficiency, while the latter are controlled by the deeper limbic brain, which earns to be cared for.

Ah fuck. That explains a lot. Oof ouch owie, my absolute trauma.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That's actually a sign of past trauma, most commonly of being neglected by primary caretakers. A common result is a dissociation of words and actions, since the former are controlled by the prefrontal cortex, which attempts to maintain an image of strength and self-sufficiency, while the latter are controlled by the deeper limbic brain, which earns to be cared for.

Ah fuck. That explains a lot. Oof ouch owie, my absolute trauma.

I am sorry if I brought up unwanted memories, but yes, unfortunately, neglect by primary caretakers (often non-malicious -- simply because the parents have to spend so much time working, none is left for the child) is endemic to the modern world. I am not sure how this comic will handle this topic yet -- all signs so far point towards it being treated seriously, but I haven't read the original novel. For instance, He's chronic abdominal pains may also be a symptom of elevated levels of stress hormones (another common symptom of trauma); her empty fridge may indicate a basic inability to recognize her body's needs and, hence, a lack of self-care; finally, heavy drinking has a huge co-morbidity rate with major depression.

If you want a highly realistic (and depressing) exploration of neglect trauma, I also highly recommend The Private Report... by Nagata Kabi.

last edited at Jun 13, 2021 3:20AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.