Forum › Who Decided That Blues Had To Be Cool!? discussion

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.....
why a subtext ending!!! Dx

I personally found it pretty blatant?

well...Ruby only hinted it! (but its obvious ofc she loves Azurite)
we never get a blatant confession!!! I wanted her to at least confess!!!

last edited at Jun 2, 2021 1:32AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Friends!?
FRIENDS!?!
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!
I WANT YURI LOVE'IN DAMNIT!!!
If I wanted an ambiguously close female friendship, with yuri undertones I could have stuck with mainstream mangal
But, it was cute. I'm not mad I followed it.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Ehhh?? Why end it like that??? I’m all in with no draggin’ a yuri series for too long, but if you are gonna end it at least give me a kiss, or a god damn confession…

This feels really empty to be honest, almost as if it had been axed…

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Like any good series that isn't the Yuri Story A, unfortunately. :-(

But I agree with everyone, this was a surprising treat, especially considering it's only been around since November...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Oh well.

... how are so many writers bad at endings? Is it really that difficult? Must be.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

whaa i only found out it was the last chapter reading comments is how much of a non-ending this is. Honestly underwhelmed that it ended only two chapter after their secret identities being fully out, there was so much potential.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

I'm sure Author was already busy with something else.
It was unfortunate sadly.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

... how are so many writers bad at endings? Is it really that difficult? Must be.

I think it's mostly because most manga writers aren't sure how long their story will last when they start it. Even if it doesn't get axed, a manga's length can fluctuate depending on a number of real-life factors, so pacing it properly becomes a Herculean task. Stories like Bloom Into You, which had a clear, novel-like story and character arc, are an exception.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Why does japanese Media suck at endings T-T i want more closure

last edited at Jun 2, 2021 11:58AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

BE MY FRIEND NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Ehhh?? Why end it like that??? I’m all in with no draggin’ a yuri series for too long, but if you are gonna end it at least give me a kiss, or a god damn confession…

TBF to the ending there basicly was a confession in there, Ruby did the whole forced confrontation so she could keep being with Azurite even when she loses her powers

joined Jun 5, 2018

I feel like reality just made some mistake. The thing that was supposed to end (Asumi yada yada) did not and instead dragged on. And by end I mean the Mai arc, maybe therell be more after their first encounter. Instead, this thing here ended rather abruptly (although I do not mind the ending at all, I think something like that is good enough). Im sure, something went wrong with our world!

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

nice

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I feel like reality just made some mistake. The thing that was supposed to end (Asumi yada yada) did not and instead dragged on. And by end I mean the Mai arc, maybe therell be more after their first encounter. Instead, this thing here ended rather abruptly (although I do not mind the ending at all, I think something like that is good enough). Im sure, something went wrong with our world!

That makes a frightening amount of sense.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Me mad and sad

last edited at Jun 2, 2021 3:48AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Oh well.

I agree ending must be hard to write well. Not just manga and anime, but all ending. I wasn't the only one disappointed that Pennywise turned out to be just some giant interdimensional spider. The latest movie did an okay job selling it though.

joined Mar 20, 2021

I think the ending pretty obviously implies Ruby is losing her magical girl powers because she fell in love with Azurite. Good enough for me I think.

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

This really feels like an axe tbh but it was a fun ride while it was going on! Thank you for all the work you did scanlating it~

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

b0undarybreaker posted:

This really feels like an axe tbh but it was a fun ride while it was going on! Thank you for all the work you did scanlating it~

It was self published on Pixiv, afaik.

So, no, no axe.

It just had to end somewhere. You can go on with that premise only for so long.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

This series slowly stole my heart, I love it. Will be reading this again for sure.

urbs Uploader
Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

b0undarybreaker posted:

It was self published on Pixiv, afaik.

So, no, no axe.

That is correct.

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Good title drop. You know, I feel like that wasn't actually especially gay for a magical girl series, which is surprising for some reason.

(To be clear, yeah that makes it really gay)

last edited at Jun 2, 2021 3:58AM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

What a final chapter, title drop and Gunjou questioning why she had to wear clothes (clearly showing off her abs was always deep inside her). I have really enjoyed this and is definetly one of my favourite reads, it's been really funny and the character faces and reactions were always amazing.Would have liked to see the love aspect explored a bit more but I am just really glad that Minami an Harumi both know Gunjou's secrets and are freinds.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Are you guys frigging kidding me with the "I don't like this ending so it must be axed" comments again?? Gawddd

Endings are hard to write well and even more so with a slice of life type series like this one where there isn't really a perfect ending point. I feel like a lot of people are just upset there wasn't a clear confession, when I think it would have been even more (pleasantly) surprising if they actually had a serious confession since the whole time they were playing it off for laughs and subtext without any sign it was gonna be anything more.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Dang, where's the "Friends? Wrong!" panel from Can't Defy The Lonely Girl when you need it?

To reply you must either login or sign up.