Forum › You Are My Soulmate discussion

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

I mean her mentioning the sister as a “soulmate” might just be the way the world recognizes compatibility when it comes to reproduction, it might have nothing to do with their compatibility to be in a relationship with one another or as people. For all we know the sister and mc could end up being the type of people constantly fighting and not get along at all, and I don’t think she should sacrifice her relationship with the president just to satisfy the world’s view on alpha/omega reproduction, not to mention the effects and further trauma the president would have to deal with if mc dumps her for an alpha mate who also happens to be her sister.

joined Apr 6, 2018

ehhhh- ok so let's end this manga with her challenging fate. Good luck!

that kinda left a sour taste in my mouth since the buildup was awwww then baaaam btch all this time you've been recognizing her sister's scent????

this deserves another last part just to assure readers that everything will be okay coz I am a little conflicted HAH

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Well that was a fucked up ending.

last edited at May 19, 2021 1:14AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

johnb posted:

I don' think so.

It was a twist, but it doesn't preclude that she will succumb.

It was great Takemiya, as usual.

Fight your destiny!

last edited at May 19, 2021 1:54AM

joined Aug 28, 2016

I think I'd be annoyed with something that open-ended in a longer series where I'd become invested in the characters, but as an ending to a two-shot, I'm okay with it.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Too much drama all at once in the end. Smh

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

OH DANG

I was not expecting that. Especially for an end chapter! Im sorry prez but this ending definitely spells trouble in your future

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

suddenly NTR

提督Artemis
Scool%20zone
joined Jul 5, 2020

Most coments seem to be like: "Yep, she's totally going to succumb to her urge to breed"

Sheesh, you guys sure don't seem to have much faith in Megu.

last edited at May 19, 2021 4:31AM

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Not gonna lie. It is a ballsy move to end it like that. But kind of liked it.

joined May 24, 2015

Wow, that was sure interesting. Let's hope Takemiya never touches this cursed "Omegaverse" thing again, huh?

joined Jan 3, 2020

Whether she succumbs or not isn't relevant. I don't understand ABO stuff enough to know this, but if she is compromising her own happiness by making this choice (especially at their age), then she is making a mistake.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Whether she succumbs or not isn't relevant. I don't understand ABO stuff enough to know this, but if she is compromising her own happiness by making this choice (especially at their age), then she is making a mistake.

It's not so much compromising her happiness since she's actively fighting her biological urges to follow her feelings instead. The whole concept behind alpha and omega pairings is their biology urging them to get together by making them horny enough to seek each other out.

What she did is make the choice to pursue her romantic attraction over her sexual attraction, and whether she feels happier just depends on your imagination since Takemiya is leaving it open-ended.

joined Sep 11, 2019

Can't Escape From Crossing Fate

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Most coments seem to be like: "Yep, she's totally going to succumb to her urge to breed"

Sheesh, you guys sure don't seem to have much faith in Megu.

It's not so much faith in Megu, it's the way this was portrayed, with her pained expression and the black pages, it just gives off a very ominous feeling. I'm not really certain whether the author wanted to portray this as a happy ending, where she resolves to choose her own destiny, or an angsty one, where she forces herself to stay faithful to her previous choices. I'd like to believe it's the former, but if that really is the case I wish it were shown in a more reassuring way.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Wow, that was sure interesting. Let's hope Takemiya never touches this cursed "Omegaverse" thing again, huh?

I dunno man, Takemiya might of just gotten their feet wet with this. They have the ABO universe down to a T with all the i's dotted and everything. I definitely wanna see more from them.

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

What a twist. I did not expect that sour end

joined Aug 28, 2016

In a way, this kinda feels like a story about the difference between fantasies and reality. When Megu learns about soulmates, she thinks the idea of a desire so strong as to overpower her will is hot and romantic, but when she actually experiences that kind of desire, she resolves to stay faithful to the one she loves anyway.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I root for non conforming omega lady who will fight destiny!!!!!

TangledVirus
joined Feb 23, 2020

To me the ending, combined with the tittle makes me think that, she'll just fight fate and say no to what her biology wants. She likes the class president, so she'll fight tooth and nail for her.

Future Hokagae
Images%20(31)
joined Sep 25, 2020

Of all the yuri omegaverse I have read so far, this one is the best. I did not expect the ending. Berry noice :D

Crop_image
joined Sep 2, 2018

That twist though, now I want a part 3 — definitely curious if MC would succumb to her biology or not.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Of all the yuri omegaverse I have read so far, this one is the best. I did not expect the ending. Berry noice :D

The difference between bad fanfic and good literature is the writing experience of the respective author.

last edited at May 19, 2021 10:58AM

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

a bad ending for either sides and the only route is the poly route where both sides will be happy unless..the sisters are happy to let go

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

johnb posted:

I don' think so.

It was a twist, but it doesn't preclude that she will succumb.

It was great Takemiya, as usual.

Fight your destiny!

I get it the fight your destiny stuff, I guess. However it was needlessly cruel, to put a teenage girl in between, her first girlfriend, and her biological soulmate. Commit your life to the very first person you crushed on in highschool, and spend the rest of your life fighting the nigh uncontrollable urge to be with your soulmate, or give in to biology and cruelly break the heart of someone you love, with her sister to boot.
If the story was about fight your destiny. I think it could have done a far better job. First off it needed to be longer. A complete series, or at least a couple chapters longer. It should have taken time to build the relationship, between Megu and the vice president. Make the reader feel like it was worth a lifetime of fighting off the siren call of biology. As it is now, it feels like Megu is rushing into this bite commitment thing. Hell I would object to the young couple rushing into it without the complication of the soulmate thing.
The second off, I think it shouldn't have ended in a cliffhanger. The story should have set up a climatic moment where Megu fights off the urge and learns that her love gives her the willpower to push it aside once and for all. True love conquers all, kind of thing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.