Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

Warisusmall
joined May 1, 2016

That is one classy keyboard Sakuma has

Happy Hacking Keyboards are great! I love mine to death.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Where's a good place to get one? I have a 60% keyboard that's pretty similar, but these seem cool. Also pretty cool that it's the brand Sakuma is using (that and the MacBook Air get pretty close to product placement tag territory)

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I absolutely adore the way Ikeda-sensei writes this series. Some weeks we have high energy comedy, others we have angst and bittersweet romance, and some weeks we have chapters like this. Not much happened, but the little daily snapshots of life feel just as meaningful as everything else. Sometimes there isn’t much happening, and that’s okay.

Maxresdefault-1
joined Mar 24, 2021

nice and peaceful, absolutely wonderful

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

Yeah, idle and cozy, I love it!

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

ikeda is a woman right?

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I have a Sades V2020 Bluetooth keyboard for my iPad. It’s great.

Yeah, idle and cozy, I love it!

This is the sort of healing manga I live for.

I admire Sakuma’s work ethic, but I don’t know how she can concentrate knowing her super cute girlfriend is lying right behind her with nothing to do.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Shouldn't the doll-like German loli who just wanted to do karate from one of the author's previous series have tipped you off?

Good lord. This whole time I had never made the connection with Sasameki Koto, despite having been amazingly fond of it back in the day. Realizing it's that mangaka feels weird.
I must say, rather clever of Ikeda Takashi to write something that neatly sidesteps her main weakness as a writer. That is, Sasameki Koto was fundamentally a manga with standard romance plot arcs, except she tended to kind of lose control and have them meander off into nothing much going on while people got impatient waiting for her to pick up the threads again. With "The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This" she has a total slice-of-life where the main pair are already an established couple with no major conflicts, so she doesn't have to try to maintain control of any plot arcs--there aren't any. She can concentrate on characters, art, and great little "bits".

last edited at Apr 29, 2021 1:46AM

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

ikeda is a woman right?

Ikeda Takashi is a man (Takashi is generally a man's name, FWIW. It's easy to get confused because all of his most well-known series (Sasameki Koto, 34-sai Mushoku-san, this) feature female protagonists, even when the stories aren't yuri.

last edited at Apr 30, 2021 2:17AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Purple Library Guy posted:

Shouldn't the doll-like German loli who just wanted to do karate from one of the author's previous series have tipped you off?

Good lord. This whole time I had never made the connection with Sasameki Koto, despite having been amazingly fond of it back in the day. Realizing it's that mangaka feels weird.
I must say, rather clever of Ikeda Takashi to write something that neatly sidesteps her main weakness as a writer. That is, Sasameki Koto was fundamentally a manga with standard romance plot arcs, except she tended to kind of lose control and have them meander off into nothing much going on while people got impatient waiting for her to pick up the threads again. With "The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This" she has a total slice-of-life where the main pair are already an established couple with no major conflicts, so she doesn't have to try to maintain control of any plot arcs--there aren't any. She can concentrate on characters, art, and great little "bits".

Holy cow! PLG disappears for over two years then suddenly pops back in and starts posting again like nothings happened?? Missed you, man! Hope all is well. Welcome back!

last edited at May 3, 2021 4:18PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Holy cow! PLG disappears for over two years then suddenly pops back in and starts posting again like nothings happened?? Missed you, man! Hope all is well. Welcome back!

Well, thanks. Doing fine. Recently celebrated 25th marriage anniversary. Just got my vaccination.
To be perfectly honest, I was mostly hanging at Mangadex, but it's currently toast, so . . .

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Now that's a way to motivate someone. ^_^

joined Dec 5, 2019

Shit, i may be wanko in regards of house care. "Eh, its my house, i'll do it later"

last edited at May 13, 2021 4:34PM

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Watch out World. A little lesbian gremlin is on the loose and she is in love.

droidsurlookingfor
R2d2
joined Mar 29, 2021

Inb4 bad ending and the final panel is a completely different name in their house plate.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Ikeda Takashi is a man (Takashi is generally a man's name, FWIW. It's easy to get confused because all of his most well-known series (Sasameki Koto, 34-sai Mushoku-san, this) feature female protagonists, even when the stories aren't yuri.

I kinda felt like Ushio's big brother in Sasameki Koto was his self-insert, being a writer and her pillar of support.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

So does Sakuma have to start calling her Wako now? Is Wanko a name dead to the world?

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

I love how it's all slice of life moments but also giving progress!

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Well, thanks. Doing fine. Recently celebrated 25th marriage anniversary. Just got my vaccination.
To be perfectly honest, I was mostly hanging at Mangadex, but it's currently toast, so . . .

Oh yeah! I was also surprised to see you back on here, got used to just seeing you on dex.

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

With that, Inuzuka Wako will take better care of THEIR house, right? :)
Thanks 4 TL!

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Awww, so cute

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Both their names written on their wall is just sweet. Elly and Wanko are indeed in it for the long haul.

Fb_img_1596724226396
joined May 14, 2017

Urgh mah sole

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Have a little faith in your girlfriend, Sakuma!

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Apologies in advance if the next chapter turns out to be a play on the word 落 that doesn't translate well into English.

To reply you must either login or sign up.