Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I want this to canonically be the last chapter. No matter what twists the story ends up taking, the last fight will be won because Baiser got too excited.

dmitry106 Uploader
Subtext Only Translations
joined Nov 24, 2020

Kiwi: is head over heels for Utena, hangs out with her, try to go on dates with her, the two shares an 'if we survive this' oath, has had sex with her, is horny for aftercare. Comments: mehh

Sulfur: is mean towards kiwi. Comments: whoo ship!!

Azul: is horny for baiser bdsm. Comments: whoo ship!!

You guys are shipping the comedic parts, and i honestly dont think Utena can have a healthy relationship with anyone from tres magia

I don't think she could have with Kiwi either. Utena's whole character is about BDSM and breaking magical girls. I don't think Utena view Kiwi other than an annoying partner.

Or rather not breaking magical girls. She was pretty sad when she thought that Azul might have broke. It's no fun if your m breaks.

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

Kiwi: is head over heels for Utena, hangs out with her, try to go on dates with her, the two shares an 'if we survive this' oath, has had sex with her, is horny for aftercare. Comments: mehh

You guys are shipping the comedic parts, and i honestly dont think Utena can have a healthy relationship with anyone from tres magia

I don't think she could have with Kiwi either. Utena's whole character is about BDSM and breaking magical girls. I don't think Utena view Kiwi other than an annoying partner.

Utena isn't about breaking magical girls (we literally see her reject that with Azul) but about seeing them suffer. It's said repeatedly that she very much loves magical girls, in all forms, but it is a twisted form. Kiwi kinda forces herself on Utena, though; Utena only agrees to the hotel to motivate her.

Also, Azul and Baiser? JUST FUCK ALREADY.

last edited at Apr 30, 2021 7:22PM

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Mmm.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

It's essentially just high-level s&m roleplay at this point.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

It's essentially just high-level s&m roleplay at this point.

Always has been.

joined Jun 19, 2020

I can feel it, they gonna be couple in the future

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

a fight between two perverts huh- I don't mind at all

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

None of her potential relationships can really be described as healthy, but honestly, that's not what I am reading a fantasy comedy series for. :-)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

You and i have interpreted Utena in very different ways

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Dear god, Baiser... Good job! Looks like she herself couldn't handle the pleasure either in the end. :D

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

I dunno why but this bonus chapter made me cringe more than anything. I have been spoiled by Cool as Ice Azul

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Her whole personality is about being a sadist, seeing Magical Girls struggle and BDSM. Utena is more focus on the Magicals Girl that she is in Kiwi. Like someone said, Kiwi pretty much force herself on Utena any chance she get. And has all the things said about Kiwi, i mean duh she does all the things with Utena and Utena don't with Azul, they are on the same side, unlike Utena and Azul. Of course they gonna be more close. Not to mention that Baiser and Azul barely known each other in the civil before.

joined Apr 30, 2021

TBH I expect they'll eventually all team up against some bigger threat, and we'll end up with 4 battle-couples. As Leberblume and Loco demonstrated, two magias who can synergise their abilities in some way gain a power boost beyond the sum of their individual levels. And the three un-paired Enormeetas match nicely against Tres Magia, as the beach chapter showed:

• Baiser-Azul have their Dom/Sub dynamic
  • Sulphur and Leopolt drive each other to new heights of competition
  • Magenta gets on well with children, and could be an ideal big-sister figure for Alice.

last edited at May 1, 2021 9:59AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

jaymiechan posted:

Utena isn't about breaking magical girls (we literally see her reject that with Azul) but about seeing them suffer.

To be more precise, Utena idolizes the unbreakable spirit of Magical Girls who will never give up and always rise to the occasion to defeat the threat. The exact reason why she was disappointed with Azul giving up was because in her mind Magical Girls can never give up. They're the embodiment of persistence in the face of overwhelming threat.

LittleMouse posted:

TBH I expect they'll eventually all team up against some bigger threat, and we'll end up with 4 battle-couples. As Leberblume and Loco demonstrated, two magias who can synergise their abilities in some way gain power boost beyond the sum of their individual levels. And the three un-paired Enormeetas match nicely against Tres Magia, as the beach chapter showed:

• Baiser-Azul have their Dom/Sub dynamic
  • Sulphur and Leopolt drive each other to new heights of competition
  • Magenta gets on well with children, and could be an ideal big-sister figure for Alice.

That's pretty good point!

last edited at May 1, 2021 9:02AM

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

I think Utena might be gay, but I'm not sure.

joined Apr 6, 2013

I can say with utmost confidence Utena is just showing her platonic love for her friends, this is just how 14 year old girl friendships are nowadays.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I can say with utmost confidence Utena is just showing her platonic love for her friends, this is just how 14 year old girl friendships are nowadays.

Good, I was starting to get worried about this series' family-friendliness.

Markus_Bomke
joined Jul 10, 2014

Okay lets be honest. With this last "Special chapter" how realistic is it, that this series gets a western release?

I would say "NOT IN A THOUSAND YEARS, YOU PERVERTS" ^_^

So I am really thankful fur the hard work you invest in the fansub. Mucho mucho gracias. ^_^

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Markus_Bomke posted:

Okay lets be honest. With this last "Special chapter" how realistic is it, that this series gets a western release?

It's funny you say that considering it's been licensed not that long ago

Markus_Bomke
joined Jul 10, 2014

Markus_Bomke posted:

It's funny you say that considering it's been licensed not that long ago

Really? Ok now im wondering which publisher has the guts to sell this in its original form.

Or will it be one of those heavy censored releases, where all the fun was thrown out of the window.

Ladies and gentlepervs keep your fingers crossed...... ^_^

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Markus_Bomke posted:

Really? Ok now im wondering which publisher has the guts to sell this in its original form.

It got licensed by Coolmic, so only digital release only on their phone app and you buy it in 10 pages chunks. Idk about censorship, but does it really matter at this point?

last edited at May 2, 2021 1:41PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Markus_Bomke posted:

It got licensed by Coolmic, so only digital release only on their phone app and you buy it in 10 pages chunks. Idk about censorship, but does it really matter at this point?

(French supremacy with the physical release)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Her whole personality is about being a sadist, seeing Magical Girls struggle and BDSM. Utena is more focus on the Magicals Girl that she is in Kiwi. Like someone said, Kiwi pretty much force herself on Utena any chance she get. And has all the things said about Kiwi, i mean duh she does all the things with Utena and Utena don't with Azul, they are on the same side, unlike Utena and Azul. Of course they gonna be more close. Not to mention that Baiser and Azul barely known each other in the civil before.

But she isnt, her character is about, funnily enough, looking Up to magical girls. Her bdsm fixation is a mix of twisted admiration and her villainess form. And nowhere does Utena express any grievances with Kiwi, i honestly think some of you guys just dislike her so you want to see her showed of to the side. Utena and blue has nothing going on atm Other than blue being horny

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

i honestly think some of you guys just dislike her so you want to see her showed of to the side.

I don't think speculate on who we like is the right thing to think and for the record, i have nothing against Kiwi at all.

Utena and blue has nothing going on atm Other than blue being horny

Did we read the same manga ? Other than the fact that being horny/lewd is like the main point of the story, the latest chapters have shown some interactions betwenn them. And please, tell me that it isn't the same for Kiwi.She even try to get Utena in an hotel for Pete's sake. Kiwi is even more horny for Utena then Azul who is just an M.

last edited at May 2, 2021 6:28PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.