Forum › Posts by Sisyphus

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

It's not really a question of will they or won't they, but how far Kasumi is willing to go for to reciprocate Sakurako given her laziness. All things considered Kasumi has always been shown to be perfectly content with her life now and the status quo. The question only comes up because Sakurako actually starts to feel insecured now and tries to push things a bit more. Even though Sakurako would always be willing to make any compromise for Kasumi, but I guess even Kasumi realizes now it's not sustainable? She has indeed tried to put more effort into their relationship so maybe it's a good sign.

Also the little prince is a massive story, but given its take on romance and the context it's certainly not a book I would recommend to people who wants some opinion on the topics. Don't know why Asia seems to think it's the romance bible.

last edited at Mar 12, 2023 1:52PM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

Hey, wait, this wasn't supposed to happen

The funniest part is that, depending on how this goes, it might validate all the people who said they weren't really dating

In the chapter which Sakurako made a reference to this chapter, that was exactly what she said though. She said they weren't dating despite all of that, and it even caused a reaction out of Moka.

The difference seems to be at that time she is still content with the status of their relationship and totally ok with that, and now it seems something has shifted maybe. She realized the sentiment she is having is the same one Moka had when she finally settled down with a girlfriend. An epiphany maybe when Kasumi spelled it out that she only has Kasumi as plan A, B and C.

last edited at Jun 26, 2022 2:29PM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

Tbf I'm very sure that Kasumi will reaffirm Sakurako about her commitment here.

That said this chapter suddenly reminds me of a similar situation from a friend (and not just one). For long long time couples in a weird stable zone, gay or straight, when you bring up questions like this it can only either end in a break up or taking it up to the next step.

I think it's a good time to bring it up though, and I hope Kasumi gives a satisfactory answer. For all the fluffiness of the series their dynamic has always been unbalanced. Ever since uni you can kind of feel insecurity kind of oozing out from Sakurako especially going to society and seeing all the couples. They kind of said they dont want their relationship to be labeled, but it's always obvious Sakurako wants more, she just loves Kasumi enough to always accommodate her first. Then hearing Kasumi said she didn't understand the emotions attached to the weight of love was also kinda brutal, and immediately caused a reaction from Sakurako there.

Ps: Also it got a good chuckle out of me seeing th train being so empty. Not sure which fictional land is it but definitely not Japan.

last edited at Jun 26, 2022 1:46PM

joined Dec 3, 2014

Honestly, in spite of all of her flaws, it seems to me that this 'version' of Claire (possible thanks largely to Rei's influence) is much more aware of things and empathetic- especially in comparison to her vanilla "in-game" self

Actually, even now you can already pick up that despite Rei is coming from a place with a better moral system, Claire has always been the one who is more compassionate and empathetic between the 2, and this only becomes even more evident later on. Even in the novel Rei doesn't nudge her as much as show her information that she was deprived of and ignorant to because of her status, the choice has always been Claire's to make and not something Rei spoonfeeding to her.

last edited at Jan 30, 2022 3:03AM

joined Dec 3, 2014

Damn, if this chapter already breeds this much discussion I can't wait for the inevitable shitstorm happened in the love rival arc, where Rei again made some really selfish and stupid decisions.

Also Rei is not as psychopatic as people suggest, it's just the price to pay is really extreme if she fails to keep up and her knowledge of Claire doom kind of put her on edge, and that was what made her resolved from the get go that no matter what she would do anything to keep Claire alive. It's not that she is not sympathetic to the commoners, she just knows it's already an inevitability and the fact that it's the direct cause of Claire death doesn't help. She is also a bit 'detached' from the world due to her being essentially an outsider..

last edited at Jan 29, 2022 10:40AM

joined Dec 3, 2014

But she isnt, her character is about, funnily enough, looking Up to magical girls. Her bdsm fixation is a mix of twisted admiration and her villainess form. And nowhere does Utena express any grievances with Kiwi, i honestly think some of you guys just dislike her so you want to see her showed of to the side. Utena and blue has nothing going on atm Other than blue being horny

While I agree with you first statement about Utena's character, I think you've also been blinded by your own bias about Utena/Sayo relationship.

You said it yourself, Utena's character has always been about looking up the magical girls, all the while her love for them is also twisted by her own sadism. They are both such focal points of her characters that it's hard to imagine her having a relationship with anyone not tied to at least one of the two elements above. That's entirely why Sayo has been primed to be the heroine so far. On one hand, she is the 'ideal' magical girl, righteous, strong and beautiful, on the other hand, she is a masochist who actually embraces her kink (much like how Utena embraces her own), so out of all the characters, they are the most likely to have a 'stable' relationship based on SM.

Kiwi, while being a friend of Utena and always proclaims her love for her, doesn't actually share much in common with her. Utena is nice to her, the same way she is nice to Alice, and we can see for ourselves that she isn't really on Utena's mind . Unless the author sets up an entire arc focused on her and setting some conflict between her an Utena, I don't see them as likely (unless we're talking about a harem end). I've been skeptical about her chance, but after seeing the author trying to pair the spare last chapter, now I'm quite convinced.

Now, the weirdest thing is in a series about magical girls, people are actually thinking we will not be focusing on the magical girls.

last edited at May 3, 2021 12:32PM

joined Dec 3, 2014

With the new chapter we could be looking at Sulfur x Kiwi endgame, much to the surprise of many anons here.

last edited at Apr 16, 2021 1:42PM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

"A Room for Two" is widely accepted as a yuri manga.

This only confirms that any close relationships between girls is considered yuri by yuri fans. Yuri is not exclusively about lesbians

This is correct. This story is by all meanings and purposes yuri, but yuri by Japanese standard has never exclusively been about lesbians, that's why you also have words like gachi yuri, rezu, GL to make the distinction for you.

Now whether Kasumi and Sakurako are in a romantic relationship or not is another matter, which frankly, I don't think they do even with how much I like the manga. I mean, Sakurako is gay af and she clearly likes Kasumi that way, but even in the story there is a very clear distinction between their relationship and of the other pair who actually have a physical relationship, and plenty of times they both denied it.

Not that there is anything wrong with their relationship, but I guess it's hard to not feel a bit unfulfilled about it sometimes considering how uneven the relationship feels, and by not putting a label on it, there is also no promise of commitment.

last edited at Feb 19, 2021 3:21PM

joined Dec 3, 2014

Speaking of dumb girls, her whole group is worrying, like that girl who brought up the sugar daddy topic in the first place and the fact that they think is just going to eat fancy dinner and compliments, how DUMB can these girls be?

Spoiler, but her 2 friends only mention girl on girl in the first place because they are dating and they want to test MC's reaction. Needless to say with her homophobic remarks the 2 of them don't bring up that topic until a few months later. The sugar daddy is sort of a distraction, the friends honestly don't think Marika is dumb enough to go for it.

last edited at Feb 9, 2021 7:09PM

joined Dec 3, 2014

For people who feel uncomfortable regarding Fuwa's actions, I suggest you to drop the series because It only gets worse from there, Fuwa is absolutely pushy and predatory, even Marika realizes it later. She only gets a pass because the latter actually falls for her and is somewhat of a sub as well.

Also it's kind of funny how in the LN Yukiko just basically draws Sukurako and Kasumi and calls it a day. Seeing Marika and Fuwa doing lewd things and fucking like rabbits later and their dynamis I definitely experienced some cognitive dissonance.

joined Dec 3, 2014

10/10 hindsight, MC probably doesn't deserve Yomotsuka considering how scummy she is but I'll take it. Then again Yomotsuka is not a very good person either, I can kind of get why Toudou hates her.

Also surprising given their dynamics and the first encounter, later when it implies they had sex, Yomotsuka was rather rsweet. It happened way faster than I thought though, I thought they will never commit

last edited at Jan 26, 2021 2:17AM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

Why the title is so ominous?

Same, I was wondering the same thing.
For those who are curious, in Jap the title means "Misfortunes often come at time of great happiness" or "Good things are transient". It's from the phrase 月に叢雲、花に嵐 which direct translation would be "The moon is hidden by clouds, blossoms are scattered by storm".

last edited at Apr 12, 2018 1:38PM

joined Dec 3, 2014

In the raw it has evolved into full drama with "What's this feeling in my heart" and they don't even talk about fish anymore.

I feel duped given the title.

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 3:32AM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

yuri published in het hentai magazine!!
what mag?

It's being published in ExE. They have a section called Girls' Garden, which is 100% SFW yuri. Oh the irony.

Shame because the stories there are really nice but I'm not buying a 600 pages hentai mag for 100 pages of yuri.

Sisyphus
Citrus discussion 22 Jun 23:53
joined Dec 3, 2014

There were some glaring errors in the bonus chapters (28.5), I will just comment it here in case someone got confused and wants some clarification or if ChaosTeam ever decides to visit the thread and fix them.

P1: The term Shirapon uses is: 義理の兄達 - "brothers bound not by blood". In most context it is equivalent to "brother in law", however it could also be understood as "sworn brothers", like how members of a Yakuza gang (which seems to be the case for Shirapon family) refer to each other. Thus the confusion from Yuzu when she actually met them. A better translation should be able to capture this nuance.

P3: "Speaking of family names": The word used is 名家, and not 家名. The former means "distinguished, prestigious families", thus it should be st like "Speaking of distinguished families"
"Honestly, those eyes are suspicious" should be "I can't even believe my eyes".

last edited at Jun 22, 2017 11:54PM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

The dialogue doesn't flow and sometimes they just don't make sense? And there are jarring grammar issues too....
If you have issues with the translation I think it's better to give feedback directly to the group and see if they can make any amendments.

On an unrelated note, in a recent interview both Nakatani and the Dengeki editor answered that their current favourite yuri is TodoIto. Well, ain't that something. I think we will see YuriHime pushing TodoIto real soon.

Sisyphus
Oddman 11 discussion 07 Jun 07:01
joined Dec 3, 2014

I wonder if this series ever gets a proper conclusion, I mean even Ayame and Ayane manages to get a good end.

joined Dec 3, 2014

there are 2 more chapters right? Chaosteam has no intention of continuing translating these series so hopefully /u/scanlations will take over :) cheers!

Only chapter 6 left, and the translation for it is already finished.

After ch6 we would catch up with YH, and it's back to waiting one chapter/month for release. Though I don't think there is a chapter next month since the tank is about to be released soon (and before tank release usually there would be an extra or the series would be completely absent).

If you like the work pls support the author and buy the tankoubon. It's also the best way to show that YH is heading in a right direction by investing in more long-running series with engaging plots and more than just simply romance. I'm personally buying this, TodoIto and Holmes. July seems to be a packed month with a lot of good releases: this + YagaKami 4 + Eclair 2.

last edited at Jun 6, 2017 11:59AM

joined Dec 3, 2014

I don't know if anyone notice it, but Koharu appears in chap1.
So she is unlikely to be A-chan's kid, and I think it's the same case with the other 2.
How Akari gains custody of them and why she dumps them on Rinko, who is the man she associates with are definitely mysteries very important to the story

last edited at Jun 6, 2017 12:39AM

joined Dec 3, 2014

The author of this oneshot is going to have a new serialization on Dengeki and an oneshot in Eclair Blanche.
I'm not particularly impressed by this story but I hope his/her next works are good.

joined Dec 3, 2014

Is it really that angsty? The series is like 10% angst, 90% mystery/supernatural for me.

The more you read, the less confusing it got, but also a lot more questions are raised.

Spoiler for up to the latest chapter:
Not much can be said at this point but I'm pretty sure Koharu is the main girl or at least the story is centred around her. The other 2 love interest for Rinko are A-chan and Shijou.

last edited at Jun 5, 2017 9:30PM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

I do understand why Citrus & NTR r chosen to be adapted & why they do have a higher chance of doing better than YagaKimi as an anime in the current state of the anime industry/community. I was just being salty about it lol

For now let's just pray for a drama CD, I think the chance for one is damn high. Beside YagaKimi still hasn't got enough material for an anime anyway.

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

& also deserves an anime more.

NTR and Citrus anime adaptation was to promote Yuri Hime, I doubt Ichijinsha care much if their anime succeed or not as romance series in general always do poorly. But honestly Ichinjinsha should have just put all the money on Citrus instead of NTR, it's simply the better series and a better representative for the yuri genre.

In fact, I think Citrus would do better as an anime than YagaKimi, it's just more... rauchy and thrilling? Yuri aside, they appeal to Yuri fans for different reasons.

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 3:31AM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

Realistic expectation would have Yagakimi at around 300k-350k circulation by the time vol 4 is out

Huh, I was actually wrong about this. YagaKimi in fact has just reached 400k for number of circulation.
Good news. It actually sells better than NTR and Citrus.

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 3:02AM

Sisyphus
Chaosteam discussion 30 May 02:37
joined Dec 3, 2014

I'm not sure what you mean by no need for negotiation, as we are currently planning on having Kimi Ni Aetara uploaded to the site, along with all the other Chaosteam releases. When those are uploaded, the /u/ translated chapters will be uploaded as soon as possible, but it would make a lot more sense to wait for the first chapters to be uploaded before uploading 3-5, seeing as we have permission to upload them now.

Sounds ok with me. We'll have a little bit more time to work on the chapters until the release then.