Forum › Gunbured x Sisters discussion

joined Feb 27, 2021

saddened by the fact that miranda and helen died like that.

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Damit I liked Helen and Miranda. I expected more of a background behind their friendship

joined Mar 8, 2016
  1. Given the series so far, I really didn't expect that the first NSFW content here would be horror/gore related, and not sexy nudity related. I guess I'm not shocked but it's still not what I would have predicted (or wanted).

2. p.16 "who who" --> "one who"

3. I also agree with the consensus that this feels like it's rushing to a conclusion, unfortunately, perhaps because of the author's ailment. I hope not, I hope he gets the time to tell the full story he wants to.

4. Also agree with everyone about the poor treatment of Helen and Miranda. It feels super cheap to give them all the buildup and even a backstory of training hard and working to confront their fears with strength and then bam - ded in 2 panels. I also never like the whole impossibly-and-inexplicably-overpowered enemy gimmick but oh well.

5. Doesn't the timing seem wrong for Noel to be the one who killed Dorothy's mother? (Or was it her nursemaid? I'm not clear there, as I think both are dead from different things? Right?) I guess I'm not clear on how long ago Noel was taken, vs. how long ago Dorothy's mother and/or nursemaid died. It didn't seem that long for Maria's search, and I thought Dorothy's mother died when she was young?

I still enjoy the series and hope it sticks the landing but I can't see the way to the series earning a "happy ending" right now, much less a yuri one. :/

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Well, my prediction that this could be heading towards the climax was totally off. Heck, the initial plot was flipped upside down now. I am not however 100% sure whether Noel or Jesus were telling the truth. Maybe the general idea is there but it seems too black and white for it to be laid out like this.

I'm actually surprised the author decided to go down this route, but am excited to see where it leads to.

Also no bonus illustration this month sadly.

See you next month!

last edited at May 23, 2021 3:59PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, there were certainly surprises on both sides here, although whether I trust everything that's been said is another question...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Darn, if Maria does desert the church, we will get some actual quality storytelling from an over-the-top boobs-and-guns manga. Spending 3+ volumes to establish the two leads' chemistry before pitting them against each other is what’s called a pro writer move.

last edited at May 23, 2021 4:32PM

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

FUUUUCK YESSSSSS it looks like we're not being canceled, I feel like I just got a shot of endorphins in my arm I'm fucccccking popping off duuuuuuuude

More decadent gothic gays???? More angery dhampire puppy? More intrigue?? MORE DOROTHY?????

yes, yes! This is truly a blessed timeline, I live in joy and my herat is full of song.

Reminds me of that time when Looking Up to Magical Girls baited us by accelerating into the climax of the act and we thought the axe was near, but the author was just skipping us passed stuff so we could get into the EVEN DANKER next act.

Regardless...

joined May 1, 2015

Damn, this story is so good.
I want to know more.
I need to know everything

joined Feb 21, 2021

Tbh i think maria should go with her...idk...let dorothy mourn by herself it will help her i guess

joined Oct 13, 2014

so both sides suck... yeah seems about right

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Damn I love that they went the Noel was not actually brainwashed route. I mean yeah she was probably convinced to join the True Bloods like how she's trying to recruit Maria, but it's not because of some controlling magic or something. Really looking forward to where the plot is going since this feels like the actual story now.

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

Well, there were certainly surprises on both sides here, although whether I trust everything that's been said is another question...

We know that the Church is evil, now whether the Pope is lying his ass off or not, which I think he is, remains to be seen. Personally my thought are the Pope uses his daughter and becomes the final big bad.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Well yeah, the feeling of dread the last chapter gave is completely turned around with this one. Looks like it still has some legs, nice.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

We know that the Church is evil, now whether the Pope is lying his ass off or not, which I think he is, remains to be seen. Personally my thought are the Pope uses his daughter and becomes the final big bad.

The Church might be evil, but that doesn't mean the True Blood are good. There's a reason the werewolf girl who befriended Shanon was hunting down vampires from True Blood. That werewolf girl is probably a survivor of the demi-humans Noel was talking about, but it doesn't look like they're on friendly terms with True Blood. So either Noel is hiding something, or the True Blood didn't tell her the whole truth.

Other than that, I'm not totally convinced the pope is lying. He seems to genuinely care about Dorothy at the very least. That's the vibe I got from him a few chapters back, and it's consistent with his behavior in this chapter.

On another note, I'm curious what Maria is gonna do. The choice she has to make is not between the Church and True Blood, but between her sister and Dorothy. So it's more about where Maria's feelings are rather than who's right or wrong. That's interesting.

last edited at May 23, 2021 7:40PM

joined Mar 8, 2016

Maybe thinking too deeply about this but...

Vampires require human blood to survive. Therefore:

1. How did the vampires exist in the mythical demihuman-land-without-humans?

2. If the True Bloods get their way and the power structure that maintains balance is broken, either the vampires will overrun the human population, run out of food, and starve to death, or the human population, freed from the church's interference, will finally exterminate the vampire population. That's not likely given what we've seen of the Pure/True Bloods' power, but either way it doesn't seem like a fabulous outcome for "all vampires."

Translation note: When you have people talking to the pope, use "your Holiness," as you have. When they are talking about him to someone else, it should be "his Holiness".

Definitely interested in seeing where it goes from here. But unlike others I don't want to see Maria and Dorothy split up, because then it seems unlikely we would be getting any more yuri content for a long time.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Definitely interested in seeing where it goes from here. But unlike others I don't want to see Maria and Dorothy split up, because then it seems unlikely we would be getting any more yuri content for a long time.

I don't want that either. It would be better if they formed their own faction or something. They could recruit Shanon and the werewolf girl too. That would be cool.

True Blood is really fishy anyway. They claim they want to punish the humans and pure blood vampires for what they did to the demi-humans, but if the werewolf girl is any indication, it doesn't seem like the demi-humans agree with their crap.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Now this is really interesting. I don’t really wanna see Maria and Dorothy split up because tbh both sides are sketchy as hell. But it would provide some good drama.

What might actually be interesting is if Dorothy and Maria head their separate ways formally, but actually secretly exchange info to figure out whats really going on, alongside Shannon, werewolf girl, and engineer girl as a secret third group thats not fully aligned with either the church or vampires. I’d say bring Noelle on board too but she seems too embedded in the power structure of the true blood org to not be compromised. But who knows? I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

I'm just thrilled that this chapter, despite the heavy exposition, did not look like the beginning of the end.

I hope we get to explore the rest of the True Bloods, how the Pure Bloods will react to all this, and have another 20 volumes of this story

joined Nov 26, 2020

I dont understand why people are assuming that Maria and Dorothy are at odds with each other now. It seems pretty clear that both Maria and Dorothy are at least implied to want to end the deal with the church and the pure bloods.

Theres still some things that I dont understand. Why did Noel kill Theresa if Theresa was secretly studying Dhampirs as a means of defense against the inevitable war between the pure bloods and the church? As a true blood, wouldnt Noel approve of this considering that Noel wants to end the deal between the church and the pure bloods as well? Shouldn't they have been collaborating considering they have the same motive? I feel like this whole thing has a lot of plot holes.

Also as much as I'm loving this tension, I miss Dorothy and Maria being in love. I just want them to go on a cute date again or comfort each other when one of them gets upset. I miss seeing Dorothy being silly and flirty. Now she just seems miserable that she cant avenge her mother.

joined Nov 26, 2020

Also that is NOT the NSFW that we wanted to see goddamnit! MAKE LOVE NOT MURDER

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Theres still some things that I dont understand. Why did Noel kill Theresa if Theresa was secretly studying Dhampirs as a means of defense against the inevitable war between the pure bloods and the church? As a true blood, wouldnt Noel approve of this considering that Noel wants to end the deal between the church and the pure bloods as well? Shouldn't they have been collaborating considering they have the same motive? I feel like this whole thing has a lot of plot holes.

She had (and still has) no knowledge of the church's motivations, though - these were only revealed to Dorothy after Noel had left. As far as she knows the deal still stands and the research could have been meant to be used against her instead. Not to mention, we don't actually know how much we can trust either side's words in this.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Not to mention, we don't actually know how much we can trust either side's words in this.

Exactly. Neither side can be trusted. Dorothy and Maria should form their own faction. And they definitely need to have a talk with the werewolf girl, since she must know the truth. A werewolf is a demi-human after all.

last edited at May 25, 2021 12:02PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I’m loving this development, but honestly, I can’t really trust either side yet, they both seem suspicious as hell, seems the only ones we can really trust now are Maria, Dorothy, Shannon, and werewolf chick maybe.

Kinda sucks for Maria though, she went through so much shit to find her little sister, and once she finally reunites with her, turns out shes actually the enemy.

Pretty hyped for the next chapter, so we can get more insight on both sides.

last edited at May 25, 2021 11:35PM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

This helped shed some light on what's going on, apparently the series is not heading to its conclusion, which is GOOD, last chapter was just an hyper-convoluted show-off of Noel's, her turnaround, and power scaling, can't help but to feel bad for Helen and Miranda, forever unbeknownst to us, the power duo that was never meant to be #JUSTICEFORHELENANDMIRANDA

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Now THIS was a chapter. Probably one of the best pay offs I've seen in quite a while. I have no words to describe how much I loved everything in this.

Btw chapter 17 did eventually get a bonus illustration after we released the chapter (like 1 week after). I've updated it on the reader but here it is anyway:

To reply you must either login or sign up.