Forum › Exiled From My Old Party For Being A Woman, Me And A Legendary Witch Formed The Ultimate Tag Team discussion

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

aw hell yeah! i was waiting for this series to show up on dynasty ever since i read it on my light novel app, tachiyomi

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

This looks fun.

Originally I was hoping her old group would die horribly on their next quest, but now I want them to go to the tournament so she can chop them to pieces herself

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Gonna hafta keep up with this one

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I remember seeing this on Novelupdates but never actually picked it up. It seems pretty fun! I like the MC and the witch's dynamic so far, especially with how fast they first kissed - who wants to be that the witch didn't have to kiss her to change her class, she just wanted to smooch her?

Also good job on making me hate her former team so early on - those damn smug faces are pretty effective.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

[Reading Ch 1] This is really cool, I like this! (●ˇ∀ˇ●)
[Reading Ch 1 pg 30] This is really cool, I love this! ✪ ω ✪

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

the kiss tho-

joined Nov 21, 2018

TL credit page is right, "Sexiled" is an awful name. I didn't connect that this was that story until reading the credits.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

What is she wearing?

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Huh, so it has a manga adaptation. Seems like a fun little jrpg style yuri fantasy, I like it

Unknown-4
joined Sep 6, 2020

So this is What happens when the Fate creators smoke the good one, huh?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I was so excited to read the meme LN, and then I totally forgot. Thanks, SAD.

Villains
joined May 1, 2015

Just a heads up, this eventually turns hard into "all men are cartoonishly evil to the point of complete absurdity." If you're just in it for the gay, there's plenty of gay. But if shit like "women wear bikini armor despite it offering no defense and get stabbed in the stomach because men tell them to" breaks your SoD, you won't be able to enjoy this story.

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 3:06PM by OrangePekoe

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Just a heads up, this eventually turns hard into "all men are cartoonishly evil to the point of complete absurdity." If you're just in it for the gay, there's plenty of gay. But if shit like "women wear bikini armor despite it offering no defense and get stabbed in the stomach because men tell them to" breaks your SoD, you won't be able to enjoy this story.

TBH the men are already cartoonishly evil. An entire bar of sexist men basically telling her to "get back in the kitchen", definitely felt a bit absurd and slanted to a specific tone. I can't imagine this series going in any direction that's different. So if at least the fantasy elements like magic are fun, and the yuri is cute, I might continue the series. Though it definitely seems like it's not meant to be taken seriously.

last edited at Apr 19, 2021 11:55PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Meh.... Brings nothing new to the table...

20201123_223345
joined Jan 7, 2017

No way! I just got the physical novels not long ago! This is awesome!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

What is she wearing?

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Going by the cover of the light novel, she thankfully changes out of that pretty soon. I'm guessing her former party mates made her wear that.

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Ah~ An yuri comedic action-adventure story set in fantasy word! I am down

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 12:10AM

joined Jun 1, 2016

Aye the Light novel got a manga cool. And yeah heads up guys suck in this world unfortunately

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Me waiting for the butthurt ppl that claim it’s a bad story bc it’s “misandry” just like in the original novel forums lol

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lol with the over the top asshole men in this universe but YAY for the yuri fantasy battle! I've been waiting for this since I've heard of the novel, in fact I think we discussed the title when it was announced right here.... did I make that post? can't remember, but yeah sexiled is like ... not bad but ... ughhh xD

I'll call it Exiled Team from now on for convenience ...and yeah what up with those MMO clothes she's wearing? let me guess...+20 int or something but designed by some guy lol

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Lol with the over the top asshole men in this universe but YAY for the yuri fantasy battle! I've been waiting for this since I've heard of the novel, in fact I think we discussed the title when it was announced right here.... did I make that post? can't remember, but yeah sexiled is like ... not bad but ... ughhh xD

I'll call it Exiled Team from now on for convenience ...and yeah what up with those MMO clothes she's wearing? let me guess...+20 int or something but designed by some guy lol

Yeah "Sexiled" sounds like the name of a strip club in some edgy early 2000s M for mature game heh

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Really this thing got a manga ? I've read till ch 4 of the LN and dropped it and what I can say is that MC is a fucking ingrate and rude.

Sounds like every shonen manga out there

joined Aug 10, 2016

hahaha god "Sexiled" was a bad name, and honestly the depiction of men as cartoonishly sexist is one sided, but this was also written by a woman that just wanted to make a fun yuri story about fighting the system. I dont see much of an issue compared to half the edge that gets animated today (Redo's revenge rape justifications in the world of cum powers). Also the country being hyper sexist does get explained later in the novel, basically one guy with a huge inferiority complex against women a long time ago reached a position of power, and proceeded to cope so hard he made up bullshit that was implemented into the system, solely to make women beneath him.

Don't take the whole "men are exaggerated assholes" as a personal attack from the author, the sexism angle is a driving force of why the MC hates everything she has to live with. Theres plenty of starry eyed ideal world occurrences that happen, but is it wrong for this series to have it when the market is completely saturated with seasonal self insert harems?

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 6:29PM

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Oh, I just finished the light novel of this not too long ago. Neat. And it's nice to see another yuri manga with action in it.

Villains
joined May 1, 2015

Don't take the whole "men are exaggerated assholes" as a personal attack from the author, the sexism angle is a driving force of why the MC hates everything she has to live with. Theres plenty of starry eyed ideal world occurrences that happen, but is it wrong for this series to have it when the market is completely saturated with seasonal self insert harems?

Oh, I don't think it's personal, it just breaks my SoD. I can't engage with the story seriously when the world is that nonsensical. That's just how I interact with fiction. I don't begrudge other people their enjoyment, but I figured I should at least offer a heads up to anyone else like me.

Like, the people in this thread asking why she's dressed like that? The answer is literally "because the men say that's what women have to wear." It offers no special defenses. It's not like Dragon Quest bikini armor where it's just assumed to work the same as full plate. Women adventurers in this world are just expected to dress like that and take the stab wounds as they come. I can't take that seriously. It's just not something I can overlook.

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 3:09PM by OrangePekoe

To reply you must either login or sign up.