Forum › Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy discussion

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Ooo very nice e so far

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Love the story so far but the bully liking the victim trope bc of their internalized homophobia is annoying sometimes. I'm glad tho the main character doesn't instantly turn into someone with crazy confidence so this seems a bit more realistic.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i think school nurses are a myth in japan. THEY ARE NEVER THERE LOL

joined Dec 30, 2018

is the aaangst bearable?? pls i want to read something that has a happy end

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Man, everytime I see these abuse kind of parents I wish the children would take some karate lessons and beat them up until they stop with this bs.

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

I like this but this is very sad. I kinda also sympathize with the bully...she's young and stupid. Horrible but stupid. I just want somebody to knock some sense into her. Or else next series is about her jumping off the building or something. :|

I was a smart kid. And I love my parents. But because my teachers and parents didn't demand from me anything I just coasted through schools with decent grades without doing - or learning - much. Spending my free time with nothing productive. So I sometimes hope my surroundings would have been a bit stricter. But despite this... hot damn I hate those parents in this!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Koreans are obsessed with bullying. It's endemic in Korea's schools. There's so much pressure on the students for the exams and there's basically no consequences, so it's become a cancer there. Moreso than in Japan.

Currently, some K-Pop stars, or well known actors are losing their job because stories of them being bullies in school are surfacing. That's their #metoo. And it's ugly.

joined May 23, 2015

I was a smart kid. And I love my parents. But because my teachers and parents didn't demand from me anything I just coasted through schools with decent grades without doing - or learning - much. Spending my free time with nothing productive. So I sometimes hope my surroundings would have been a bit stricter. But despite this... hot damn I hate those parents in this!

The constant pressure of being "not worth a damn" or "useless kid why do you even exist" for someone going through puberty, being extremely busy with school, and being a damn kid is not something you should even entertain being envious of. It's straight up suicide setup. (Which in this story, it flat out is.)

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

The constant pressure of being "not worth a damn" or "useless kid why do you even exist" for someone going through puberty, being extremely busy with school, and being a damn kid is not something you should even entertain being envious of. It's straight up suicide setup. (Which in this story, it flat out is.)

Yeah. I don't want nothing like that. Just some demands, structure and goals might have been advantageous. But things in this story are just wrong. Kids must be allowed to be kids.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Ahh, so she got the bad end, and now reloaded a save to get the good end. I get it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nya-chan posted:

Koreans are obsessed with bullying. It's endemic in Korea's schools. There's so much pressure on the students for the exams and there's basically no consequences, so it's become a cancer there. Moreso than in Japan.

Currently, some K-Pop stars, or well known actors are losing their job because stories of them being bullies in school are surfacing. That's their #metoo. And it's ugly.

That explains a lot, I was reading this but had to pause because the ugly harassment is one thing if you make it believable but when the whole school seems to be against her from the start that just makes my blood boil and I can't take that weekly seeing it getting worse and worse without consequences (or maybe there will be consequences... in 20 or 50 chapters) it's always "pretend you don't see" or "join the attack" and the teachers are the worse too... So I approach these Korean comics with extra care.

Take in consideration I didn't read too much, I went as far as that part where the co protagonist hears the mc getting bullied in the nurse office and when the mc's best friend is helping her but then it appears that the friend's boyfriend is not Ok with that... That's when I thought "Oh great! another enemy! just what she needed!" and walked away.

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Honestly, the bully is the most interesting part of this for me. I don't really have patience for the MC puttering around and such.

Also it's implied the bully pushed MC's crush, right?

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Honestly, the bully is the most interesting part of this for me. I don't really have patience for the MC puttering around and such.

Also it's implied the bully pushed MC's crush, right?

Wait, what? Haha I didn’t get that from anywhere? She’s clearly messed up but surely not? In this timeline maybe since she sees them getting closer, but in that last one she wouldn’t really have too much of a reason right? I thought it was suicide with min suyeon being tired of life and lonely

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Love the story so far but the bully liking the victim trope bc of their internalized homophobia is annoying sometimes. I'm glad tho the main character doesn't instantly turn into someone with crazy confidence so this seems a bit more realistic.

I thought with this it was less internalised homophobia and more that the mc just doesn’t like her and likes someone else. So she’s just using the whole lesbian as a front to bully and monopolise her.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Highkey ship the bully honestly. I enjoy the fact that she knows she’s gay for her and like I said previously is mostly just bullying her because mc is gay, just not for her.
I also enjoy the fact that her friend is kind of calling her out for it. I’m surprised more people don’t call her out because she’s clearly obsessed. And the friend didn’t even really seem to care that she might have been gay. I just hope it doesn’t turn out that the friend is gay for the bully.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

How did I just finally come across this!? The story is very well written so far in my opinion.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Glad this made its way over here, I predict that using common trope logic pink hair likes Hong Jihee and they’re endgame once Hong Jihee gets over her mess of feelings

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Even though it's seems pretty predictable, gotta admit it's engrossing.

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

i think school nurses are a myth in japan. THEY ARE NEVER THERE LOL

No they do exist but only when they are a love interest

Azumaya%20koyuki
joined Oct 2, 2014

There were so many flashbacks that I got confused of where the story was trying to pick up after it returned to the current time. Just a little hard for me to follow at times lol

So far, after 18 chapters in, I don't dislike the series, but don't really like it either, so not sure if I really want to keep up with this one.

Also, it's kind of weird that the first comment on this series was made today when the series was on dynasty for nearly a year by now.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

MournfulLust posted:

Also, it's kind of weird that the first comment on this series was made today when the series was on dynasty for nearly a year by now.

I'm not entirely sure how it works, but maybe the series was submitted for upload a year ago and stayed in pending status or something like that, and now that the second batch came, they got the OK and released it all at once. Because is not an automatic system for upload and it needs to be reviewed and discussed with the site and the scan groups so it takes time, sometimes it takes a lot of time... That's my theory because is not the first time I see a work with those dates that don't make much sense.

Kawaii-anime-25355452-560-420
joined Feb 24, 2015

Moare! How can you stop at this moment?! xD

joined Apr 3, 2021

MournfulLust posted:

I'm not entirely sure how it works, but maybe the series was submitted for upload a year ago and stayed in pending status or something like that, and now that the second batch came, they got the OK and released it all at once. Because is not an automatic system for upload and it needs to be reviewed and discussed with the site and the scan groups so it takes time, sometimes it takes a lot of time... That's my theory because is not the first time I see a work with those dates that don't make much sense.

Batch uploads use date of upload from their original place of upload instead of date of upload onto dynasty

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Orange hair need to chill

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

MournfulLust posted:

The date on Dynasty is the date of when it was released by the scanlator, not the date it was posted here.

last edited at Apr 6, 2021 2:51AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.